PDA

View Full Version : What on earth happened to...

Shotgun2k
24-04-2008, 11:47 AM
The likes of Soag and Apple ndib? I remember these two fine gentlemen very well - are they still about?

Mr. Bananagrabber
24-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Soag still posts on occasion. He got engaged, didn't he?

jayseven
24-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Soag's a Vet now, which means he's skulking around intermissantly. I hear Apple is in the tech boards most often? I'm not sure, I'm far too scared to post anywhere but gen chit-chat.

Jamba
24-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Does anybody remember Trisha from the comments board on the front page? I remember having right barneys with that person.

Haden
24-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Does anybody remember Trisha from the comments board on the front page? I remember having right barneys with that person.

haha I do if shes the rabid anti nintendo person that used to comment the success of the wii and ds means shes probably to ashamed to post now lol.

Jamba
24-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Hehe... we had some good exchanges. They are indeed a missed adversary.

MoogleViper
24-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Apple still posts in the tech board as J7 said. Don't know about SOAG.

soag
24-04-2008, 09:32 PM
SOAG IS IN DA HOUSE BITCH!

Or something to that extent, I am still about from time to time, a lot has changed since over the past year or so, so the amount of time I spend of these forums which I love is now limited.

As Mr. Bananagrabber said yes I'm now engaged to my wonderful girlfriend and life is great for me, but look out for me as i'm still posting here and there.

I'm touched someone missed me though :) :heh:

Shotgun2k
24-04-2008, 11:33 PM
SOAG IS IN DA HOUSE BITCH!

Or something to that extent, I am still about from time to time, a lot has changed since over the past year or so, so the amount of time I spend of these forums which I love is now limited.

As Mr. Bananagrabber said yes I'm now engaged to my wonderful girlfriend and life is great for me, but look out for me as i'm still posting here and there.

I'm touched someone missed me though :) :heh:

:yay:

Congrats :) I'm quite surprised at the amount of people still knocking around from the days of cube-europe. To add, it's definitely still the most outwardly friendly forum on the Internet...

Iun
24-04-2008, 11:46 PM
it's definitely still the most outwardly friendly forum on the Internet...

Unless you're vegetarian/homosexual/a fan of apple/support the armed forces/disagree with Murray. :p

jayseven
25-04-2008, 12:46 AM
Unless you're vegetarian/homosexual/a fan of apple/support the armed forces/disagree with Murray. :p

I'm sure I've been all of those at one time or another...

killthenet
25-04-2008, 05:02 AM
Even though this is the most friendly Warp Pipe is still my favourite. I haven't been on there in ages, but usually every thread, no matter how banal (even if it's a birthday thread) ends up in a linguistic brawl. Everybody on there seems to be missing a lobe from their brains.

I just love how disgusting they all are.

Supergrunch
25-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Even though this is the most friendly Warp Pipe is still my favourite. I haven't been on there in ages, but usually every thread, no matter how banal (even if it's a birthday thread) ends up in a linguistic brawl. Everybody on there seems to be missing a lobe from their brains.

I just love how disgusting they all are.
I assume when you say linguistic brawl you don't mean like me in this thread (http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=21287) of the xkcd fora. :heh:

Anyway, old people pop back occasionally, even now. Ah well, I just need to assassinate a few people and I'll have been here for the longest.

jayseven
25-04-2008, 04:51 PM
You go to XKCD? my mate's started a BISH-alike on those forums :P

FalcoLombardi
25-04-2008, 05:11 PM
And no one's asked about me? :(

The fish
25-04-2008, 06:41 PM

Oddly, half of that is true, but half of it isn't - there are a lot of Apple fans (Jordan's ban-hammer missed 'em :heh:), there is support for the armed forces, just not it's advertising, and, erm, the GLA?

Dyson
25-04-2008, 08:01 PM

<3 <3 <3 <3

triforce_keeper
25-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Whatever happened to....

Samantha Mumba :(

MoogleViper
25-04-2008, 08:20 PM

Still got the same sig I see. I can remember when you made a thread asking which font was best. And somebody said it looked like it had been done in paint. And you said that all you had was paint.

(don't ask me why I remember that.)

Roostophe
25-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Still got the same sig I see. I can remember when you made a thread asking which font was best. And somebody said it looked like it had been done in paint. And you said that all you had was paint.

(don't ask me why I remember that.)

I remember that as well...was that here or on C-E?

Tellyn
25-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Tellyn wants to know what happened to Mcoy. :(

Roostophe
25-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Tellyn wants to know what happened to Mcoy. :(

Villan believes Mcoy has gotten more busy in real life, and can no longer be as active on these boards.

Villan doesn't actually care too much, because Villan and Mcoy never really saw eye-to-eye. :(

Blackfox
26-04-2008, 10:20 AM
SOAG and Falco posting in the same thread.. :O

Demuwan
26-04-2008, 11:15 AM

I remember her! Caused many a sleepless night, with me stewing in rage and wondering how human being could descend to such ignorance.

Iun
26-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Solitanze seems to have buggered off for now too.

Triple_C
26-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Solitanze seems to have buggered off for now too.
Sorry to disappoint you but...
...he posted nine hours ago here (http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=11750)

Shorty
26-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Sorry to disappoint you but...
...he posted nine hours ago here (http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=11750)Hahaha, he hasn't changed. I would've bet my own mother that post contained caps, percentages, exaggeration and at least one figure over 1,000,000. And I would've been right (would I have won someone else's mother?)

Seriously, that guy is a loon. A genuine one. He needs medication.

soag
26-04-2008, 04:26 PM
SOAG and Falco posting in the same thread.. :O

OMG! It's the end of the world or something of that extent!

Raining_again
26-04-2008, 04:28 PM
OMG! It's the end of the world or something of that extent!

That's how epic you are :heh:

darksnowman
26-04-2008, 04:28 PM

Do you remember Commander SP? He (?) was a bit of a nutter as well in the comments back in the day.

Tellyn
26-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Hahaha, he hasn't changed. I would've bet my own mother that post contained caps, percentages, exaggeration and at least one figure over 1,000,000. And I would've been right (would I have won someone else's mother?)

Solitanze is 100% GUARANTEED to be clinically insane.

Jamba
26-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Solitanze is 100% GUARANTEED to be clinically insane.

So true... can people get banned from the main page? I'm surprised he hasn't yet but I'm guessing that he makes it interesting. Damn fruit loop.

And Commander SP? Ringing some kind of bell in the back of my head...

Apple_NdiB
26-04-2008, 06:15 PM
I still come here semi-regularly, but most of my post get ignored because I ran out of useful things to say a good few years back now. I'll never get this place completely out of my system, despite the hypnosis and electro-shock therapy, but these kids are too sharp for an old timer like me.

I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.

MoogleViper
27-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Hahaha, he hasn't changed. I would've bet my own mother that post contained caps, percentages, exaggeration and at least one figure over 1,000,000. And I would've been right (would I have won someone else's mother?)

It looks like its going to sell 30,000,000+ million additional rival console

"30,000,000+ million"? Surelly that's 30 billion?

Shorty
27-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Well no it could be thirty-million and one.

MoogleViper
27-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Well no it could be thirty-million and one.

No I mean 30,000,000 is 30 million but he said 30,000,000 million which is 30 million million. Which I think is 30 trillion not 30 billion as I said before.

Roostophe
27-04-2008, 12:22 PM
No I mean 30,000,000 is 30 million but he said 30,000,000 million which is 30 million million. Which I think is 30 trillion not 30 billion as I said before.

*Random fact*

A 'billion' used to mean a million million. The word we used for a thousand million was a 'milliard'.
But in the '80s, thanks to Thatcher's Britain, they decided to use the American term for 'billion', which then meant a thousand million, and use it instead of 'milliard'.

So, really, there are over 6 milliard people living on Earth. :smile:

Iun
27-04-2008, 12:26 PM
And Commander SP? Ringing some kind of bell in the back of my head...

My old nemesis... a member of another forum who followed me over here when I became staff in order to flame me.

MoogleViper
27-04-2008, 02:27 PM
*Random fact*

A 'billion' used to mean a million million. The word we used for a thousand million was a 'milliard'.
But in the '80s, thanks to Thatcher's Britain, they decided to use the American term for 'billion', which then meant a thousand million, and use it instead of 'milliard'.

So, really, there are over 6 milliard people living on Earth. :smile:

Yeah my maths teacher asked us that in year 7 and I answered her. (in less detail though)

Ashley
27-04-2008, 02:47 PM

You can have my father, or brother...or his dog. Whichever, take your pic. Brother is probably easiest because everyone here is already paying his rent :p

Anywho. I haven't seen Buttons around for ages, where is she?

jayseven
27-04-2008, 04:12 PM
I think she has a lot of coursework at the moment, if I remember correctly.

Bluejay
28-04-2008, 04:39 PM
I still come here semi-regularly, but most of my post get ignored because I ran out of useful things to say a good few years back now. I'll never get this place completely out of my system, despite the hypnosis and electro-shock therapy, but these kids are too sharp for an old timer like me.

I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.

I laughed so much at this. Still laughing a little bit.

Sounds like Hans Moleman. Drinking has ruined my life. I'm 31 years old.

darkcloud
29-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Hey, does anyone remember that DarkCloud guy? I think he had a baby or something, but either way he doesn't post much anymore.... I wonder what happened to him.

http://i30.tinypic.com/v62jrp.jpg

Mr_Odwin
29-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Hey, does anyone remember that DarkCloud guy? I think he had a baby or something, but either way he doesn't post much anymore.... I wonder what happened to him.

Man, that is one cute kid!

My Buttons are Magic!
29-04-2008, 10:27 AM
You can have my father, or brother...or his dog. Whichever, take your pic. Brother is probably easiest because everyone here is already paying his rent :p

Anywho. I haven't seen Buttons around for ages, where is she?

im heeeeeeeere...lol

virus on computer means no internet at home :(.. till i bought a wireless connector thingy which means i can use my laptop for the internet :D

and the weather has been awful which means i couldnt come to the library at uni at night like i used to!
and ive a mad load of work to do before my exams (then the actual exams) and barratts have been working me to death also!

most of my spare time has been spent sleeping :D

jayseven
29-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Darkcloud; a multitude of awesomeness is streaming from that picture. Hope you're doing well for yourself.

MoogleViper
29-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Man, that is one cute kid!

Seconded.

What's her name again? Please say Tifa

Hem
29-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Anyone still in contact with Bowser?

darkcloud
29-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Her name is Misaki. That's her on her first birthday eating her first cake. lol

Yup, right now I'm doing ok, less worries about money and such although still the government, or rather the council sucks with housing. :P We are all ok though. lol

Mimi says thanks for the compliments. lol

soag
30-04-2008, 08:57 AM

looking good darkcloud

mcj metroid
30-04-2008, 11:26 PM
remember tempo h.........or something or other..got really rats on the wii bored and said he would never come back because we were all ignorant:D haha he really didn't:)

Jamba
30-04-2008, 11:33 PM
teppo holmqvist? or something like that?

EDIT: Just checked his profile, no activity since last Christmas.

mcj metroid
30-04-2008, 11:36 PM
yep thats the one:)