NEurope
Paj!

MUSIC WARZ 2 - Rules/Selection Thead

White Rabbit? I didn't know you were into psychedelic 60s rock, C.Bears.

Good choice. : peace:

Thanks! :grin:

I love Jefferson Airplane and 60's Psychedelic Rock. :D I know I come off as liking rubbish Pop music but I do like A LOT of things!

Cat Power is another one I was going to nominate. But I would have chosen Nude As The News or Werewolf.

Florence + The Machine - Girl With One Eye

Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap

Jade Ewen - My Man (I don't care that it has no chance, I freaking adore it).

Florence + The Machine - Girl With One Eye

La Roux - I'm Not Your Toy

Jade Ewen - My Man (I don't care that it has no chance, I freaking adore it).

While I'm not complaining about your choices, they are good, Cube has allready chosen a track by Florence + The Machine so you might need to substitute Girl With One Eye for something else because I don't think we're allowed more than one entry for each band / artist.

While I'm not complaining about your choices, they are good, Cube has allready chosen a track by Florence + The Machine so you might need to substitute Girl With One Eye for something else because I don't think we're allowed more than one entry for each band / artist.

2) You can nominate songs by an artist that someone else is nominating a song of too. It’d be better to have more variety

It's fine :) Plus, I adore Drumming Song...but Girl With One Eye is better.

I think it's obvious what songs going to win the competition, so I think we should just give the award to My Man now, rather than later.

It's fine :) Plus, I adore Drumming Song...but Girl With One Eye is better.

Oh I didn't see that, all is cool then :DGirl With One Eye is an excellent track but so is Drumming Song they both have their plus points... one is more 'epic' while the other is 'darker' so there's room for both I guess.

I'm angry Florence got two nominations, but not one for Cosmic Love, Blinding or Rabbit Heart.

I'm angry Florence got two nominations, but not one for Cosmic Love, Blinding or Rabbit Heart.

Mhmm... if it was me I'd choose either Dog Days Are Over or Rabbit Heart... as an album though it's realy good as it flows well mostly so picking songs from it isn't always easy.

Good choice on Justice song. Love it.

It was quite a hard choice. I'm still tempted to swap it for Stress.

It was quite a hard choice. I'm still tempted to swap it for Stress.

Please do. I was thinking exactly the same thing after making the post yesterday :heh:

We can choose songs from artists already suggested? Hm..I might change one of my choices for an Elbow song, then. I'll think about it.

We can choose songs from artists already suggested? Hm..I might change one of my choices for an Elbow song, then. I'll think about it.

Yup.

Tori Amos was in the first one with 2 different songs, one went out in the first or second round, IIRC. Some other people had two, too. Foo Fighters maybe?

I promise I will (should) choose tomorrow! I'm still all groggyheaded :(

Looking forward to your selections Ash. :)

1. Elvis Costello - Shipbuilding - Wanted to put this in the last game but was denied by amount of entries restraints. Boo!

spotify:track:2oSXcrxd63zXNcmBivTRaR

2. MK Ultra - Muse - Going for a new Muse song instead of an oldie to put a bit of a spin on things. Didn't want to choose one that was a classic so that people might discover the new album somewhat.

3. One Day Robots Will Cry - Cobra Starship - My wild card in to the event. Not sure how this will perform at all but I'd like to get to know other peoples opinions on it.

spotify:track:76ohTRgQXmyTJrt8rgMbH2

Tada! I'd love to be able to enter two more, very different tracks too but this'll do.

Changing my number 3 to..

3.Friend of Ours - Elbow - It was really hard deciding between this song and two others from the same album (Loneliness of a Tower Crane Driver and One Day Like This), but this song never fails to touch me. I'm not entirely sure why, but having just heard the orchestral version I know I have to put it in the contest.

I'm liking your way of thinking Dyson :) though I still feel that for number two Unnatural Selection would do much better, still your call though and kudos on the Elbow track, it's one of the best underrated tracks on that album Imo along with The Fix which I love. :D

I genuinely think the entire album is gold personally. There's nothing wrong with it in my eyes, almost a perfect album. If only it didn't scare people off with Starlings and its sudden blasts of noise :heh:

And hey, why not nominate Unnatural Selection yourself? :heh:

I genuinely think the entire album is gold personally. There's nothing wrong with it in my eyes, almost a perfect album. If only it didn't scare people off with Starlings and its sudden blasts of noise :heh:

And hey, why not nominate Unnatural Selection yourself? :heh:

I love the album too just that... their earlier stuff is much better to me overall and I agree on Starlings but it's also why I love the track, such an awesome start :D reminds me of how Biffy Clyro started off their last album Puzzle it's quite an effective method.

And I would nominate Unnatural Selection but I don't want to get rid of Hurt by NIN which is the only track I'd maybe consider changing even though I love it... Hounds of Love and Switching Off I shan't change for love 'nor money though as I adore them so. :heh:

Ooooh I know what you mean about the Biffy Clyro album, we were playing it at work for a while, and the first couple of times I heard the opener it I didn't like it at all, but it grew on me and worked for me in the end. That reminds me, I need to get that album..

I honestly don't expect any of my selections to win. I think what I'm looking for in music is different to what will end up winning because people tend to look for music that is at its peak, whereas my selections are just music I really like and if it gets people to at least listen once (hopefully they won't just say "never heard of it, vote for t'other) then so be it.

1. The Format - Dog Problems

Spotify: [noparse]spotify:track:3L5WQIbzecNzKMUmzQ6wXC /

[/noparse]

We7: Not Available

2. Sebastien Tellier - L'Amour Et La Violence

Spotify: [noparse]

/ spotify:track:2FNthnJzyoMu7c551M7LZU[/noparse]

We7: [noparse]http://www.we7.com/track/LAmour-Et-La-Violence?trackId=1589778&m=0[/noparse]

3. Spoon - I Summon You

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

(doesn't appear to be an official music video)

Spotify: [noparse]

/ spotify:track:1u9677L49089blplYOCN9B[/noparse]

We7: [noparse]http://www.we7.com/track/I-Summon-You?trackId=1590970&m=0[/noparse]

(Also I really like the demo version if anyone listens and likes: [noparse]spotify:track:2JUudM6Alxq9ghHuFkEZBe[/noparse]

Dog Problems should win because of the video, one of my favourite videos of all time :p Plus I love a big band piece with a huge climax (O_o) and a reference to that really overrated video by some band I forget the name of... :p

I agonised over these for ages (hence delay, well that and laziness) and 3 in particular I wasn't sure. Almost did Sufjan Stevens or Sia, who are probably better artists but ultimately I wanted bands I enjoy and songs I really like, even if they're not as literally stunning ;)

Sorry for the delay.