NEurope

There's nothing wrong with Millais' Ophelia, it's just a bit odd that it keeps getting posted, even if you do like it. Compare it to the winking picture that Dyson and Gizmo are (or were) always posting. People would be equally annoyed if I incessantly posted a picture of Chomsky or something.

It's the visual representation of "I'm stunned".

There's nothing wrong with Millais' Ophelia, it's just a bit odd that it keeps getting posted, even if you do like it. Compare it to the winking picture that Dyson and Gizmo are (or were) always posting. People would be equally annoyed if I incessantly posted a picture of Chomsky or something.

No one seemed to care about the face. I didn't.

It's seen less than some of the incredibly rubbish, guady or otherwise avvies and sigs we all have (me especially).

No one seemed to care about the face. I didn't.

It's seen less than some of the incredibly rubbish, guady or otherwise avvies and sigs we all have (me especially).

Neither did I, but other people did complain. I don't care about your posting of Ophelia either, but constantly using picture memes or whatever tends to irritate people. And it's not the same thing as a sig or avatar as that's not part of the content of a post (though they can also annoy people if they're big or epilepsy-inducing flashing gifs or something). Basically, it's the consistent use of an image as a substitute for a linguistic sign that can get under peoples' noses, even if it's used for rhetorical effect or whatever, perhaps partly because it brings to mind places like /b/.

Paj and Chair I've developed a massive phobia of the words utterly, literally and stunning to the extent that I shudder involuntarily whenever they come into view. The English language has such a sheer volume of words that it's hard to comprehend, and hell even some obvious synonyms for those bloody words if you want to convey the same message. A little variation never killed anyone. Considering how arty you like to portray yourselves as, you'd think you could be a little more artistic with your language at least.

I don't even post that often but it pissed me the hell off, so I can't even imagine how boring you two must sound to the others. Not meaning this in a scathing way, and sorry if it sounds like it but it really strikes a nerve with me. [/rant]

Driving home in the fog... unnerving and and mesmerizing in equal measure.

Paj and Chair I've developed a massive phobia of the words utterly, literally and stunning to the extent that I shudder involuntarily whenever they come into view. The English language has such a sheer volume of words that it's hard to comprehend, and hell even some obvious synonyms for those bloody words if you want to convey the same message. A little variation never killed anyone. Considering how arty you like to portray yourselves as, you'd think you could be a little more artistic with your language at least.

I don't even post that often but it pissed me the hell off, so I can't even imagine how boring you two must sound to the others. Not meaning this in a scathing way, and sorry if it sounds like it but it really strikes a nerve with me. [/rant]

don't let them ruin any more words!!!! :angry:

--

I had to scrape frost off my car this morning :(

I got a letter saying I need the swine flu vaccine.

@falcon - fog is aweeeesome. I've only driven in it once. Scary biscuits. And extremely heavy rain.

you guys need a new fucking word.

Bone, pork, plough, love make, make love, shag, sexum, hide-the-sausage, pubic-poke, bell ringer, shaft, drill, intercourse, boink, Danish slide, vaginal intrusion, lubritear, cave diving.

@falcon - fog is aweeeesome. I've only driven in it once. Scary biscuits. And extremely heavy rain.

Snow is equally hypnotic also. a pain to drive i but watching it funnel past your car is like driving through hyperspace... but a lot less blue.

I don't think I've ever used the word "utterly" in my life. That's Haggis. If you're sick of what he says, tell him.

Your post is about 6 months too late (and really out of place), I have been cutting down...not used literally in a good while, and stunning I'm concious of.

You couldn't have sounded more scathing unless you resorted to calling me names but whatevs.

I don't think I've ever used the word "utterly" in my life. That's Haggis. If you're sick of what he says, tell him.

Your post is about 6 months too late (and really out of place), I have been cutting down...not used literally in a good while, and stunning I'm concious of.

You couldn't have sounded more scathing unless you resorted to calling me names but whatevs.

Not particularly out of place, seeing as Millais' Ophelia is becoming a new meme, and causing a tiny furore much to the likeness of literally stunning. Not to mention stunning was used to describe it.

And to the fact you were told to get a new word.

It wasn't just aimed at you either so chill.

So in conclusion, and in line with your penchant for visual representations of feelings in the forum setting. I present you with this:

mean-girls-5.jpg

Thank you. I'm blindsided by your comments. Let me go and stir them around a bit.

Edited by Paj!

All these stupid images with crappy tag lines piss me off anyway.

Just say what you mean!

If you can't get your point across with text then you're not trying hard enough.

Ha!

Look who just typed that.

Idiot.

All these stupid images with crappy tag lines piss me off anyway.

Just say what you mean!

If you can't get your point across with text then you're not trying hard enough.

Ha!

Look who just typed that.

Idiot.

3460299875_756ae861d3.jpg

Incidentally ; Frog (I called him Ribber) just ran off with my best armor and sword! Hope he comes back soon (does he?) I'm only about 90 minutes in...

Whoa what the fuck?! Dyson came on to thank a post but not to play Forum Telephone?!

Yes it would appear that stunning has now been defined in a picture, but is still thrown around to the point that a car park ticketing machine can still be stunning. But c'est la vie.

(and Grunch, please keep posting pictures of Chomsky :p)

Largely same old same old day. Did some Maya-ing this morning and solved some problems. Went to work. First lecture was seminar stuff but the student still signed off for 4:15 hours worth of work. Second lecture was dull shit and bollocks but as to be expected. Bumped into friend's ex (sort of ex...back in my day we appreciated the sanctity of separation but kids these days) and had the usual "you okay? "yeah you?" nothingness talk and then he drifted off without saying bye or anything.

Random request sqauromites! I need me a new bag. Needs to be big enough and sturdy enough to fit my laptop (13.2" macbook) in along with all the other stuff I need to carry around on a daily basis (namely notebook, folder of stuff, keys, wallets and that nonsense) for less than £20 and ideally a messenger bag style. Seen one in TK Maxx which is okay, but rather than being horizontal its vertical. I wish I could have afforded that fucking kick ass Astro Boy one I saw in Harajuku.

Whoa what the fuck?! Dyson came on to thank a post but not to play Forum Telephone?!

To his wall!

Very tired today, had to walk to the next village in the fog midday to get the bus to town for my stupid Job Centre appointment where they wouldnt give me a reason for not telling me I had been kicked off Job Seekers. Then I had to just wander around town for hours waiting to be able to go home because I didnt want to have to walk back the same way again, this time with all the parents picking up their kids from school.

Yesterday was better though. Met Goafer and a few other friends for lunch at a pub (a pub which used to serve much nicer food than it now does, although they seem to hate my friend there who got his main meal and desert in smaller portions than the rest of us)

Oh my shitting God. I just drove my Scirocco properly for the first time. It was dickingly good fun. It needs some good speakers though, and it needs them fucking fast.

Ace, rad, awesome, literally stunning, whinzaphon etc.

AAAAGH

I...

Ur...

*flops over dead*

My day was okay.

But I'm very tired and haven't done any work tonight.

Not good.

But... agh, it's Monday, I'm always tired on a Monday night.

Back to work blues for me. But my time off was lovely and busy.

My day? I hate everyone and everything.

What did they/it do? :(

Thats not true.

I can't describe the hellish situation I found myself in. All I'll say is that it involved a builder whistling and singing that recent Take That song. None stop, In the fucking library. And I forgot both my headphones, for the first time in half a decade.

Okay, I pretty much described it.

Even me and Borderlands? I might just go do one. Edit: Just checked the Borderlands thread. Don't bother answering that.

I'm slightly calmer now I know it is a PSN wide program. We need to hit some Borderlands up again. I just dinged level 30. :D

Having said all that I did get a beautiful piano today so it's not all bad. Just have to wait a few weeks for it to be delivered.

*waits*

Aw, did I miss out on the whole vocab argument? Well I guess I've said it all before.

Just to play devil's advocate (you wanna be satan or beelzebub, Paj?), but everyone here has a 'flavour' of post. I always notice my own recurring words, and often that of others. I'm sure we once had a thread/game where you had to write a 'typical' post of another forumite/the poster above. Someone who had a go as 'me' mostly mentioned the colour purple and the word 'teh'.

--

My day is an ellipsis - awaken, play Dead Space, go to work, come back, play Dead Space, sleep. The upward part of the curve was spent hungover, so the downward shall be spent drinking.

PS - awkward thought of the day; some girl at work smells horny.