NEurope
jayseven

In God We Rust: Game Thread

While I understand the point about not hassling for a new day to start... it has been more than 4 days since the last game day ended. People are going to start to forget about this game if updates don't happen and I'm having an awesome time in it :( Sorry, I've been checking every day hoping for it to have restarted so I thought I'd ask when it's actually going to kick off again?

Yeah, even without set time limits (which I prefer mafia games to be without!), I'd say this night is over. If people haven't got their PMs in by now, it's just too bad.

I'm off to sheffield tomorrow 'til late monday. I'm taking my laptop with me, though, so I'll just go find a wifi spot somewhere and pray that connecting to it is straightforward for a noob like me.

Looks like it won't get updated until late Monday. Hopefully we won't have any other delays as this has already been a really cool mafia game.

I see! Well in that case all is forgiven. I look forward to it starting tomorrow, and will be on as much as I can be :)

Well I've been gone all weekend and I've returned to find an empty inbox. I'm still waiting on at least 10 decisions here, so come on guys!

Sorry to make you get excited and see I've made a post :P Serves you bloody right. This time tomorrow I'll provide a write-up, regardless of PMs!

Got back from the pub, THINK I have all of the PMs now so you'll have to bear with me as I get this sorted.

I did warn people that they needed patience for my games :P I'm hoping to have a write-up sorted for tomorrow mid-evening.

Sorry I made you think there was a write-up now!

Day 2

It had been an unusually long night in District J7, one of those sorts of nights you spend half-asleep, half-awake, one eye on the clock and one on the calendar, forgetting what day- hell, what month it was. One of those nights where you almost began forgetting your own damned self...

But for Jeremiah, this wasn't a new sensation. Nor for his target this evening; the man itched at that point behind his ear, barely protesting as the hulking machine picked him up and encased the man inside his chest. The man felt that he was probably letting his masters down, not being able to do what they wanted, but not as upset or as confused as he was on the previous night.

It was as if someone asleep had been taken to the Gallows, plugged in but ejected and put back to bed before they'd even woken up.

The rain had let up slightly – still not completely dry. There were a few flashes of static lightening further up on the buildings, breaking across the sky from one to another as the power grid sought to relocate the energy to... elsewhere more rainy, one could suppose.

The man straightened his fedora in Magdeline's reflective front, humming a soulful tune in time with the flashes streaming in through the window, briefly illuminating the art-deco throwback furnishings that he so adored. She twitched as he re-arranged his attire in her shiny bosom. She was aware of her emotion chip's higher than average demand for energy, but she was not programmed to understand this particular output.

He was onto the tie, now. “I gotta good feeling about tonight, dollface. Better luck than last, anyway.”

“It is possible,” He kissed the old J7PD badge on the fireplace for luck, and exited the building.

Out in the hallway, waiting for him to lock the door, a square-jawed man with cement blocks for hands quietly knocked him out and dragged him off somewhere where he'd be prevented for the night. The assailant was at least kind enough to pick up the fedora before he left.

The detective however didn't lock his door properly, as shortly afterwards, a smoking man entered, not before changing the number of the apartment around.

The soap box was occupied, again the individual took up the same crouch as the night before. Another experiment was about to begin.

Oscar never wore fedoras. In his line of work, it'd be too clichéd, he thought. He pulled at his cap, as he always did when the light was hurting his eyes. As he got to the end of the corridor, intending to go left, he was compelled to go right instead and didn't notice 'til he got home. Well damn, he thought, I hope the boss believes me.

The robot chose not to use the DATAPOL this time, instead he sought out apartment 69346. He failed to notice that the reason for his trouble locating the apartment may have had something to do with there being two apartment 66346 on this floor, now.

The lightening dazzled again. It was easier to notice when the rain had let up like this. Viktor sat in his chair. Nobody else ever sat in his chair.

Head tilted but eyes alert, he ran his fingers first through his slicked-back hair then slowly picked at his moustache thinking over what he was going to do in the morning, which he knew normally took him most of the morning and afternoon to come to a conclusion, he was suddenly struck with an idea that was not his own. Nobody else sits in my chair!, he thought.

Out loud, in a voice he did not recognise, “yes they do,” he said.

Down in the slums of the red-light district, It pulsed through the streets, giving off small thunderous booms as It's inner workings jittered away. It was not to be stopped tonight.

“Computer, check the perimeter.”

“Yes, doctor.”

The doctor must've felt paranoid after the night before. Hanging his hat up in amongst the whorehouses provided disturbances not only around the clock but also there was enough gore and disgusting illnesses, as well as unusual sounds booming through the walls to disturb the mind as well. He checked and double-checked his security system, unable to settle down. He walked in circles and overworked his drinks cabinet.

“Computer, check the perimeter.”

“Ye..schdo.. Ktooooor--” The normally almost-human voice faded. It was replaced by a strange crackling noise. The visual display on the wall began to flicker violently. The doctor got up and went to the remote unit and pressed a few buttons. The screen began a rapid slide-show – too many frames a second for the doctor to recognise at first, but almost subconsciously he must've. They were all of his own personal pictures, clips he'd recorded, documents and annotations. The lights strobed around the apartment as the doctor stood still, transfixed with fear by the monitor.

Under the gap of the front door behind him, the cloud of digits boomed silently as it poured into his apartment. It drew closer to the doctor, growing and shimmering and clicking. Just as the doctor turned, suddenly aware of the faint noises, It engrossed him, both surrounding him and passing through him.

Just as immediately as it had begun, it was over. It had left without a trace.

“Doctor,” the computer said, “my functions tell me that the perimeter is secure.”

The doctor, eyes glazed, stood there, said nothing.

Up on the 409th floor, the chess game had been cast aside. The players had retired, determined to get a good start on the next day's activities.

The lift pinged.

Silently, the robot stepped out, crossed the room and entered the ajar door to one of the sleeping chambers.

The next morning the door to the other bedroom opened. This wheeled robot immediately sensed that all was not well. His master's door was shut. He rolled over to the door, not noticing the white king lay horizontal on the board.

He opened the door and let out a series of beeps, “Oh My...”

Dannyboy-The-Dane is dead. He was Spartacus, a Liberal.

Day three begins now.

18 players remain. 10 is majority.

Chairdriver

Cube

Dan-likes-trees

Diageo

Dyson

Eenuh

Ellmeister

Gmac

Heroicjanitor

Maddog

Mundi

Nintendohnut

Paj Meen Ah

ReZ

Smeagol

The Peeps

Tellyn

Zell

Day 0

Night 1

Edited by jayseven

Well that was a very interesting read.

Diageo: Why Nintendohnut?

Yeah please explain if you're going to instigate a vote because it just makes you look suspicious.

Could be that he's being forced to vote?

Mundi, who did you target because it seems whoever Oscar is ended up going to the wrong place.

Well Diageo has been online for a while and not explained anything so for now I'm assuming he was forced and I won't follow his vote.

Waiting for Mundi to say who/if he targeted.

I'd also like to hear from Sméagol who I think we deduced was one of the two on 409? Clearly his partner has been killed.

Does anyone think the smoking man is the same person from the first night who roleblocked that weird pulse thing. Fairly sure it's up to no good. Not sure about him though.

Yeah please explain if you're going to instigate a vote because it just makes you look suspicious.

It's stuff like this -- really contrived and inorganic statements -- that make me think you're scum.

For the record, it's highly likely that Diageo is being forced, but frankly your reaction (which reeks of falseness) is as good an indicator as anything else.

[..]

I'd also like to hear from Sméagol who I think we deduced was one of the two on 409? Clearly his partner has been killed.

[..]

.. What exactly do you want me to say? I know as much as you do (I assume).

Sorry partner, seems we made a bad judgement call! And you get killed in the Marvel mafia as well :o!

After I'm done mourning, I'll try a breakdown.

Looks like we have a double voter.

Thanks for pointing that out, because in that case I have some interesting info even before I do my breakdown thingy.

My partner had a double vote. 2 double voters on the same team?

Vote: Diageo