NEurope
Sméagol

Battlestar Galactica mafia

Well, I think you're not realising that players who fulfill their win condition and survive, get an half point extra over dead "winners". I'd like to think they contributed to winning too, that's all, this is how I like to show that. If you did realise this, and really object, and others do as well, I can reconsider that.

I personally really like this part of the gameplay. :) I never really cared for the "dead people get no points" thing, but it was the easiest to go with. ::shrug: I applaud the fact that you incorporated it into your advanced game template. :)

And you missed this:

Actually, I missed something else. But your point remains valid.

Final voting count:

There are 17 active players.

Absolute majority is 9.

President:

[no President] [9]: heroicjanitor / The Peeps / Aqui1a / Jonnas / Dannyboy-the-Dane / Nintendohnut / Ellmeister / Diageo / Cube / Paj Meen Ah

[Cube] [1]: ReZourceman

[Tales] [1]: Tales

Lynch:

[no lynch] [9]: jayseven / Ellmeister / Dannyboy-the-Dane / The Peeps / Jonnas / ReZourceman / Cube / heroicjanitor / Zell / Paj Meen Ah / Tales / gmac / mr-paul / Aqui1a

[Jonnas] [1]: Tales

Majority for President vote has been reached

Majority for lynch vote has been reached.

[volunteer for executioner]: Ellmeister

End of turn [1] - dayphase

Due to the low voter turnout, no new President has been elected today.

The current President remains President for another turn.

The people of the fleet didn't want to take action immediately. Except for one person.

"There may be no lynch, but I really, really, need to push the button."

That person closes the inner doors, then the outer doors of the airlock. Air is vented outside. Oxigen is greeted by the cold vacuum of space.

Nobody is deceased.

Start of turn [1] - nightphase

[01] Aqui1a

[02] Cube

[03] Dannyboy-the-Dane

[04] Diageo

[05] Ellmeister

[06] gmac

[07] heroicjanitor

[08] jayseven

[09] Jonnas

[10] MadDog

[11] mr-paul

[12] Nintendohnut

[13] Paj Meen Ah

[14] ReZourceman

[15] Tales

[16] The Peeps

[17] Zell

Normal black denotes active players.

Italic grey denotes dead players.

Normal red denotes inactive players.

A red X behind the name denotes a Warning Point.

[turn [0] - nightphase]

[turn [1] - dayphase]

Next nightphase deadline is 18-12-2010 00:00 CET (17-12-2010 at 23:00 UK).

Edited by Sméagol

Yup, forgot to remove it.

Comment:

In case anyone missed it: the [end dayphase] command is gone. Instead, you simply need to reach a majority for the lynch vote within 24 hours, but on election days, the President vote as well.

In order to facilitate this and speed things up a bit, if you're not interested in choosing a new President, you can vote: no President.

The easiest thing to do is to to vote for both things at the same time.

Anyway, I'll be making various tweaks still, you'll be notified if there's something you need to know. Now to organise all the private messages I have! :D

Edited by Sméagol

Why am I grey? Inactivity? On the first day...? And didn't I post a few times already?

You're not grey in the players list.

The grey in the voting count simply indicates your vote was made after majority had been reached.

Why am I grey? Inactivity? On the first day...? And didn't I post a few times already?

It's because your votes (and the following votes) were posted after the majority was reached.

Oh right...ok. Sorry all these new rules are annoying me (in a good way). Is this "turn" stuff some new thing too? I don't understand where "ability points" came from. I'll have to go read.

A turn is simply what I call the combination of a dayphase and a nightphase. I'd like to have a specific non-ambiguous term for it (as opposed to simply "day"), because that makes my rules and ability descriptions clearer.

Ability Points is what you use to activate your activated abilities. Activated abilities have a specific cost, usually simply "one", indicated by (1) in your role description before your ability's name.

You get 1 Ability Point automatically at the start of new turn, you won't get a specific notification for this. If you don't use them in your turn, you'll lose them at the end of the turn. They don't accumulate. See my diagram (also in the OP) ;).

##########

Oh, I forgot about Chuck. It starts in a minute, so I'll post the write-up after it, in about an hour. I have received private messages from pretty much everyone though, so it shouldn't take me to long.

##########

I will send some PM's first, then I'll post the write-up. Anti-automerge please?

Edited by Sméagol
Automerged Doublepost

End of turn [1] - nightphase

A fearsome woman has something to say to a defected woman. She has some time to think about it.

An idealistic man has a nice chat with a pragmatic man. He seems to be enthousiastic afterwards.

A doubtful woman is harrassing a watchful woman.

"You arrogant fraker, you said:"

The world is flat!

"While clearly, it isn't! It proves I'm better than you!"

The watchful woman is shocked, then starts crying. She hurries to her quarters.

The doubtful woman is left behind, she'll need to provoke someone else.

An inquisitive woman is looking for a nervous man. She sees him at the end of a corridor. She catches a glimps of an anxious woman beckoning towards the nervous man. The nervous man had plans, but the anxious woman seems.. Well, anxious, so he follows her. They get in a raptor, and take off. They both haven't been seen again that night.

A shady man is inside the inquisitive woman's quarters, she hasn't returned yet. He puts a small item in his pocket. The inquisitive woman enters her quarters..

"Who are you, and what are you doing here?", the woman asks angrily.

"Oh, I just wanted to have a little chat, but you weren't around", the shady man replies.

"Well, I'm here now" the inquisitive woman replies.

"Yes, well, I'd like to get to know everyone around here, and.."

Before he gets to finish his sentence, a soft purring noise can be heard from a pet traveling crate which is lying on the floor.

The shady man looks at the crate, with an understanding look on his face.

"Don't worry, he's with me, and I'll be going now, I think I know enough." The shady man leaves, wit the traveling crate in his hand.

A serious man returns to his quarters, a curious dog is following him.

"Shoo, go away!" the man shouts to the dog.

The poor dog barks loudly at the man, then leaves.

The night is drawing to an end. Several people were seen together, but who knows what goes on behind closed doors inside the quarters of the others?

A dedicated woman is resting inside her quarters. Then the doors are blasted open. A Centurion walks in, and doesn't hesitate. He folds his claws back, and shoots a salvo from his gun. The dedicated woman falls to the floor, she's losing much blood. The alarm sounds, soldiers come rushing in. They still find the Centurion, watching the poor woman bleed. The Centurion turns his head in reaction to the soldiers, but the soldiers, just like the Centurion a minute ago, shoot without hesitance. Disregarding the now malfunctioning Centurion, they bring the dedicated woman to the doctor as fast as possible..

start of turn [2] - dayphase

[01] Aqui1a

[02] Cube

[03] Dannyboy-the-Dane

[04] Diageo

[05] Ellmeister

[06] gmac

[07] heroicjanitor

[08] jayseven

[09] Jonnas

[10] MadDog

[11] mr-paul

[12] Nintendohnut

[13] Paj Meen Ah

[14] ReZourceman

[15] Tales

[16] The Peeps

[17] Zell

Normal black denotes active players.

Italic grey denotes dead players.

Normal red denotes inactive players.

A red X behind the name denotes a Warning Point.

[turn [0] - nightphase]

[turn [1] - dayphase]

[turn [1] - nightphase]

Today is election day.

Next dayphase deadline is 20-12-2010 00:00 CET (19-12-2010 23:00 UK).

Comment:

I made a mistake, but I hope I was in time to correct it.

Apart from that, I've sent various PM's, and I think I got them all, and the write-up is complete. So much for minimal.

Edited by Sméagol

I'd like to put myself forward as captain. Whilst I don't have any useful information from last night. I am one of the people that was mentioned as being a president in the series yesterday, so yeah...VOTE FOR ME! :)

I figured you probably were after you mentioned it yesterday Ell, I don't see the need to replace our current president at the moment though.

Did anyone get any info then? I've got nothing worth sharing.

Nothing here, if this doctor is a player character he needs to keep his head down and say nothing. Are these character descriptions permanent? Is the anxious woman ALWAYS anxious? I'd guess so but it's a strange picture to me. Also notice that the centurion doesn't get a description of it's emotions/character so it mightn't be an actual player, just something which is controlled by one of the mafia members.

I got nothing concrete. I think I can see myself in the write up and also identify another player by the adjective but that's it. I might have an idea who s/he is in the show and as such not a good character but it's a long shot, so I'll leave it for now.

I believe I'm the defected woman in the write up. The fearsome woman ordered me to kill Paj during the day phase, or face serious consequences. I've decided to face serious consequenses instead.

A woman ordered you to kill Paj? That sounds like a command from one Cylon to another imo.

How would you explain you being described as 'defected'? Sounds to me like you're either a Cylon disguised as a human woman, or you've become a traitor to the townies.

Well I'm pretty much the nicest number 8 you'll meet, bro. Yep - I'm a cylon, and I defected before the order - I'm a colonial sympathiser. I figure whoever the fearsome woman is, she can order her target to kill someone, provided her target is a cylon.

Unless we know who the fearsome, I advise we ignore this situation and just note it. I'm not killing Paj, so I'm expecting to be punished in some way, perhaps even death.