NEurope
The Peeps

The Pirate Mafia

Not that I want to be rude but seriously Peeps I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS :D Please do the write-up soon!

Night 7

After a short discussion with the Quirky Pirate, the Epic Sailor attempted to carry out his attack on The Captain. However, The Captain stayed in his bunk all night wondering what to do about the message he'd received.

The Gentleman of Fortune searched through the Cartoon Pirate's belongings but once again found nothing of value. He was joined by the Wooden-Legged Pirate who was watching for danger.

The Formidable Pirate was once again ready to fend off unwelcome visitors.

The Watchful Pirate was once again climbing the rigging to the crow's nest. It was a harsh and windy night and the sea spray was stinging his one eye. Again he reached for the higher ropes but misjudged the distance and dropped like a stone onto the deck below.

"ARR CURSE YE DEPTH PERCEPTION!"

*splat*

The Fish is dead. He was inactive but loyal to The Captain.

8 Pirates Remaining:

Cube

HeroicJanitor

Jayseven

Jonnas

mr-paul

Nintendohnut

ReZourceman

Zell

Diageo

MadDog

Dannyboy-the-Dane

mr-paul

Tellyn

Aqui1a

Ellmeister

Rummy

Dazz

Sméagol

Tales

The Fish

Majority be 5

So...The Fish dies due to inactivity? And, once again, either Cube or ReZ are under suspicion. Too bad that we didn't get anything regarding Tales' powers.

Anyway, based on voting patterns yesterday, Vote: ReZ

Tales was the one switching write-ups. I went through them in the night phase and from what I knew tried to pick out who had been switched.

Night One - don't know who was switched, may have been me and Tellyn but he couldn't kill, so I have no idea.

Night two - Cube and Ellmeister switched, as shown here:

Night 2 be over

SQUAWK

The gentleman of fortune took his chance and withdrew an item from the body before it was thrown overboard.

A kindly pirate made it to the epic sailor's bunk and began to fend off unwelcome visitors. (actually Ellmeister)

The epic sailor himself was keeping lookout for the tattooed sailor. (Ell again)

The one-eyed pirate was climbing back up to the crow's nest but someone was already up there. The unknown person upturned a pot and some kind of sauce rained down on the one-eyed pirate's face.

The wooden-legged pirate had plans to help the epic sailor but found himself shut away from the rest of the ship.

The kindly pirate had just finished fighting off a crusty pirate when another crewmate appeared. (The crusty pirate was actually Ell, so that means Cube is the one being fought off)

"Arr I cannot let ye enter lad"

"Actually, I'm here for you."

And with that, he ran the old man through with his sword.

mr-paul is dead. He was Smee, protector and loyal to The Captain.

The bearded pirate was a shivering wreck. His eyes darted around the room, checking each corner twice every few minutes. Finally he lay down in his hammock and tried to get some rest. He was just drifting off when he heard the insane laugh of the tattooed sailor. He opened his eyes in time to see a fist flying towards his face.

Again and again the tattooed sailor rammed his fists into his target's face until nothing remained but a bloody mess.

Tellyn is dead. He was Bearded Joe the pirate, loyal to The Captain.

Night 3 - Me swapped with Dazz. I said I had protected myself, instead it looked like I killed and the young man protected himself. We must have been switched:

Night 3 be over

SQUAWK

The young pirate stood his ground all night but no one came for him. (This is me defending myself)

The crusty pirate was looking for a formidable pirate, he did not have good intentions.

The revered pirate was careless and found himself trapped within his own prison. He calmly reached into his pocket... then his other pocket... then panicked.

A fearsome pirate found a card on his pillow. He stayed below deck all night, the card the only thing on his mind.

The wooden-legged pirate approached his victim.

"What do ye want from me lad? I'm busy here"

The pirate said nothing, but drew out his pistol and shot the crusty pirate right between the eyes. (Actually Dazz, killing)

Ellmeister is dead, he was Barnacle Bill, loyal to The Captain

Night 4 - I was swapped with someone, I targeted jayseven that night but he doesn't appear in the write-up so I can't be sure who I was swapped with.

Night 5 - I have no idea here

Night 6 - No switch, as Tales, the parrot, was the killer and there was no SQUAWK which means no switch.

So what have we learnt?

- Cube has been lying, and has actually been attacking people (on at least two occasions before tonight)

- At one point in the game a pot was overturned and a 'foul smelling liquid' seeped through the deck (night 1) and on a separate occasion, an unknown pirate overturned a pot of sauce onto the fish. I suspect this is Rez, but no proof.

- mr-paul has a vaguely unlikely ability to not die, although I don't think this makes him evil.

Overall I'm more willing to go with Cube and ask Rez and mr-paul to answer some questions

Vote: Cube

SECOND POST: Just going to repeat the question(s) I asked mr-paul yesterday as I think they may have been caught up in lots of other posts:

mr-paul I'm afraid I've forgotten your power, what has it again? I remember the part about not being able to die immediately, and your win condition, but what is your power? I ask because I have now revealed everything about what I have done etc. You haven't revealed much.

I also have a question about your whole 'two deaths cannonball' thing. You say that if you get 5 votes you'll be hit by a cannonball and lose your first life. Then if you can be lynched. Does the day end when you have 5 votes? Or would there be an interlude cut-scene thing by the Peeps and then it carried on? And anyway, what happens if/when there are 5 players left? One may be a mafia member, three townies, and you. But 5 people couldn't vote for you in that situation, so you wouldn't lose a life and would be unkillable. So how would that work? Basically you win once a certain number of players are dead, is that fair to say? I only ask because the whole '5 votes' thing sounds a bit weird as it could change massively as the game goes on.

Cube, once again, wanting to attack someone.

Vote: Cube

I'm not completely convinced about the role-switching malarky. Previously you said on night 1 you received a PM saying you were confined to your bunk. That would mean you were switched with the bearded pirate, however tellyn was loyal to the captain and thus he could not kill. Targetting yourself on night 3 is easy enough. Hard to say though!

I'm fairly sure cube has come to the end of his tether. Night 1 he set out to 'fiercely attack', night 4 he enters rummy's room (iirc) with a cutlass in hand. There's no proof to support his suggestion that he tells stories or wahtever. LIES.

I can't post a lot because i'm in the library writing an essay due for tomorrow. But it seems that I may have misjudged you Dohnut, for which I apologise. But it seems like Cube is the bigger liar.

Vote: Cube, i'll be on more later probably for more discussion.

Votes

ReZourceman (1): Jonnas

Cube (3): Nintendohnut, Jayseven, mr-paul

Majority be 5

The whole 'being stuck in my bunk' thing is really odd. I did indeed get a PM on night 1 saying I couldn't leave my bunk, which is why I assumed I was the bearded pirate (as I said). But I agree that it doesn't make sense for me to have been switched with Tellyn, who also couldn't kill. I don't really know what happened there.

HOLD IT

I knew there was something different about the first write-up, I just couldn't remember what it was:

Night 1 be over

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

SQUAWK

The sobbing pirate ordered two of his crew to switch bunks for the night.

The epic sailor set out into the night ready to fiercely attack his target but there was too much havoc about him.

A pot was overturned and a foul liquid trickled through the gaps in the deck.

The drunken sailor stumbled out of the ships hold towards his target

"Yarr BE GONE WITH YE. Scurvy curs.. mangy *hic* landlubberin'... arr... take THIS"

cursing and stumbling around a bemused pirate, the drunkard was making far too much commotion for anyone to reach him. The drunken sailor clutched a crate of rum close to him and looked to be active for the whole night.

"EMPTY?! ARR BLAST IT... *hic*Blisterin' bilge rats.. yarr!".

From the crow's nest, a watchful pirate spied upon his target. Funny how different he looks from above...

The bearded pirate stared at the card left on his hammock. He lay there all night completely petrified.

Fed up of the noise and trouble, the One-Legged Man casually strode up to the drunk and without hesitation, slit his throat. Surprisingly it was blood that poured out and not a gallon of rum.

Diageo is dead. He was Ol' Drunken Dan, guardian of the ship's supply of rum and loyal to The Captain.

Player list (19):

Aqui1a

Cube

Dannyboy-the-Dane

Dazz

Eenuh

Ellmeister

HeroicJanitor

Jayseven

Jonnas

MadDog

mr-paul

Nintendohnut

ReZourceman

Rummy

Sméagol

Tales

Tellyn

The Fish

Zell

Diageo

Day 2 be underfoot

Majority is 11

HAHA! So here's one theory:

1) Tellyn and me are switched by the sobbing pirate, putting him in my bunk and me in his

2) Tellyn is the target of Tales (the parrot write-up switcher) but I am in his bunk

3) The killer is instead switched with me, leaving Tellyn in my place, the killer in his place and me in the killers place.

4) Or something.

As I say, only a guess, but it's the only way it would make sense.

I also realise that by posting the question above to mr-paul as a double post people may not have seen it again. mr-paul when you next check the thread can you answer this?

mr-paul I'm afraid I've forgotten your power, what has it again? I remember the part about not being able to die immediately, and your win condition, but what is your power? I ask because I have now revealed everything about what I have done etc. You haven't revealed much.

I also have a question about your whole 'two deaths cannonball' thing. You say that if you get 5 votes you'll be hit by a cannonball and lose your first life. Then if you can be lynched. Does the day end when you have 5 votes? Or would there be an interlude cut-scene thing by the Peeps and then it carried on? And anyway, what happens if/when there are 5 players left? One may be a mafia member, three townies, and you. But 5 people couldn't vote for you in that situation, so you wouldn't lose a life and would be unkillable. So how would that work? Basically you win once a certain number of players are dead, is that fair to say? I only ask because the whole '5 votes' thing sounds a bit weird as it could change massively as the game goes on.

Thanks!

So Cube it is Change Vote: Cube

ReZ is not off my hook yet, though

I can't post a lot because i'm in the library writing an essay due for tomorrow. But it seems that I may have misjudged you Dohnut, for which I apologise. But it seems like Cube is the bigger liar.

I would also like to apologise to Dohnut. I was pretty convinced of your evilyhood earlier in the game.

And as said Cube again attacking someone.

And finally, I am happy to answer any questions....I was very surprised to see that Tales was bad.

Vote : Cube

He must be the last mafia.

Majority has been reached

Cube (5): Nintendohnut, Jayseven, mr-paul, Jonnas, ReZourceman

The Epic Sailor was beginning to see the error of his ways. With his teammates all gone, there was no one to turn to for help. The Captain walked him to the plank.

"I've had enough of ye mutinous dogs" he spat, and kicked the Epic Sailor to the edge of the plank. He could not keep his balance with his arms bound at his sides and fell into the sea.

He frantically kicked his legs to stay afloat but to no avail. He sank to the murky depths below.

Cube was made to walk the plank. He was Sinbad The Sailor, mutinous to The Captain

The Captain looked at what remained of his crew and sighed. At least it was all over now...

"HIT THE DECK!" a pirate shouted as a cannonball soared through the air and into the mast, which it snapped off.

"Ship ahoy Cap'n!"

7 Pirates Remaining:

HeroicJanitor

Jayseven

Jonnas

mr-paul

Nintendohnut

ReZourceman

Zell

Diageo

MadDog

Dannyboy-the-Dane

mr-paul

Tellyn

Aqui1a

Ellmeister

Rummy

Dazz

Sméagol

Tales

The Fish

Cube

Majority be 4

Night 8 starts now

Night phase deadline is 5am Monday - if all PMs are received I will start the day early

Night 8 is over

"Ship ahoy Cap'n!" warned the Wooden-Legged Pirate but it was too late. The ship had been barely visible in the heavy fog and appeared to have come out of nowhere. 3 pirates boarded the ship and took the remainder of the crew by total surprise. A tattooed sailor remained to defend their own ship.

The Captain stood ready to defend his ship, drawing his sword for a fight with the Quirky Pirate. The other pirates all watched as the two leaders clashed swords. The Captain was getting desperate, his opponent was extremely skilled with a sword and his erratic style was catching him off guard. He slashed at the pirate with his hooked hand catching a glancing blow on his shoulder. The Quirky Pirate shrugged it off as a scratch and kept advancing.

During the fight, the Gentleman of Fortune used the distraction to raid the invading ship. He found the Quirky Pirate's compass but it would not be enough to ensure his victory.

The Wooden-Legged Pirate was too pre-occupied defending himself to help The Captain.

The Quirky Pirate saw an opening in his adversary's defence and took it. With a quick slash the sword was knocked out of The Captain's hands and he was done. The Quirky Pirate pierced his sword into The Captain's chest and the night was won.

The Quirky Pirate kicked the corpse off the end of his sword and addressed the crew.

"This is my ship now, join me or walk the plank"

HeroicJanitor is dead. He was Captain Hook, Captain of the TownShip.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The game is over, The Neutral Mafia wins.

Mafia ship

You set sail from the last port the Pirates invaded. You have a lust for revenge in your hearts but the invasion left you short of weapons and the better ships were destroyed. Your kills therefore have a 1 night delay but your chosen target will be roleblocked the first night. They may be protected from your initial targeting but not from the kill.

If any of your crew receives 5 votes at any point in the game your ship will take a hit (10 votes = 2 hits). You have 4 hit points before your ship is destroyed and your kills will have a 2 day delay. You will all appear neutral if investigated - do not reveal you are a team.

Should your ship and captain survive the game your team will be resurrected and you will all win.

Captain Jack Sparrow Jayseven - Using your charisma and wits you can convince anyone pursuing you that you are not their main concern and send them to target someone else. Anyone targeting you will instead target your target. If no one targets you, you will receive some info on your target.

Tetra Eenuh (replaced by mr-paul) - You were one of the first pirates to join the crew and are therefore viewed as trustworthy you may choose a target at night and inform the town of their wrongdoings. Pick a target and they will appear suspicious in the write-up.

Popeye Aqui1a - You are impervious to roleblocks. You have a double vote. You can stop a player from appearing in the write-up (excludes killers).

Seaman Stanley Staines Rez - You used to be chef for the Queen of France but due to... unfortunate incidences... you were forced to abandon your old life and become a pirate! Each night you can use your special sauce to blind a player, their target will be randomized that night and unknowingly to them their vote will count towards a random pirate (excluding mafia of course) during the day.

Additional: One pirate will actually love your special sauce so much that they will join your crew.

The pirate that would've joined their crew was 'Ol' Drunken Dan' as played by Diageo.

----

I didn't wait for all PMs (only missing Zell's) as I knew the mafia had won. Didn't see much point in dragging it out. I hope everyone enjoyed the game, I think it definitely got better once the festive period was over.

Honourable mentions to:

Tales - he was unlucky to be caught out, no one targeted him all game.

Jonnas - didn't really get any suspicion from the town whatsoever despite being a (neutral) thief. He also had quite an impossible task of collecting 7 items before the game ended. I did start giving very minor clues for the last couple of nights but it was too late for that really.

Nintendohnut - dealt with a lot of suspicion but talked his way out of hit. He was made to look suspicious nearly every night too lol.

Roles coming up in a soons. Please post any criticisms about the game, it's my first one so I'd like to know if I went wrong anywhere or could improve :)

Damn, I knew there was something strange about mr-paul but my investigation said he was neutral and I thought nothing more of it since he was voting for mafia members. I didn't think there would be an entire mafia of neutrals, I only successfully investigated one person all game anyway. The rest I was roleblocked or killed.

Edited by heroicjanitor

Roles

The Mafia

Your tales of piracy and adventure are legendary among pirates and land lubbers alike. You want nothing more than to sail the seven seas for the rest of your lives... well also to plunder and pillage and steal and cheat and loot and drink and etc. You are fed up with the captain and you wish to have run of the ship yourselves. You win when all threats to your group have been eliminated.

Captain Blubber MadDog - Mafia Don - You may pick a target at night and force them to target someone else of your choice. You will appear good under investigations and you are in possession of a lynch bomb.

Additional: If you find your gold you can use it to bribe a player into joining your crew

Sinbad the Sailor Cube - Saboteur - choose a target and they will be negatively affected according to their own power OR choose one of your own crewmates and you will protect them.

Jim Hawkins Dazz - Select a target, they will be limited to only 3 posts in the day phase. They may not divulge this information during the course of the game or their tongue will be cut out and fed to the sharks.

Polly (Parrot) Tales - The obligatory ship's parrot. Select two targets, their names will be switched in the write-up.

The Neutral Mafia

You set sail from the last port the Pirates invaded. You have a lust for revenge in your hearts but the invasion left you short of weapons and the better ships were destroyed. Your kills therefore have a 1 night delay but your chosen target will be roleblocked the first night. They may be protected from your initial targeting but not from the kill.

If any of your crew receives 5 votes at any point in the game your ship will take a hit (10 votes = 2 hits). You have 4 hit points before your ship is destroyed and your kills will have a 2 day delay. You will all appear neutral if investigated - do not reveal you are a team.

Should your ship and captain survive the game your team will be resurrected and you will all win.

Captain Jack Sparrow Jayseven - Using your charisma and wits you can convince anyone pursuing you that you are not their main concern and send them to target someone else. Anyone targeting you will instead target your target. If no one targets you, you will receive some info on your target.

Tetra Eenuh (replaced by mr-paul) - You were one of the first pirates to join the crew and are therefore viewed as trustworthy you may choose a target at night and inform the town of their wrongdoings. Pick a target and they will appear suspicious in the write-up.

Popeye Aqui1a - You are impervious to roleblocks. You have a double vote. You can stop a player from appearing in the write-up (excludes killers).

Seaman Stanley Staines Rez - You used to be chef for the Queen of France but due to... unfortunate incidences... you were forced to abandon your old life and become a pirate! Each night you can use your special sauce to blind a player, their target will be randomized that night and unknowingly to them their vote will count towards a random pirate (excluding mafia of course) during the day.

Additional: One pirate will actually love your special sauce so much that they will join your crew.

(Diageo - Ol' Drunken Dan)

The Town (this info may be slightly different from the PMs I sent out)

TownShip TS Flint - The captain has a double vote. If the captain dies the double vote will carry over to the 1st then 2nd mate.

Captain Long John Silver Dannyboy - You are the captain of a villainous crew of deadly pirates. Fun as it may be, your job comes with a lot of responsibility and a lot of danger. You must keep your crew loyal and stop any mutinous behaviour. As captain, you have a double vote.

- Pick two targets each night, anyone targeting person A will target person B instead (and vice versa).

Davey Jones Sméagol - Jailkeeper. You wish to keep your crewmates safe... by holding them within your locker. However, no one seems evil compared to the horrors held within Davey Jones's locker, anyone you target will not be able to vote during the following day phase.

Bearded Joe Tellyn - As you are the only crewmember who can read, during a day phase you may pick one part of the latest write-up to reveal more about it - this is done via PM.

You may also pick a target during the night and they will be made to walk the plank (you kill them). Beware of killing the wrong people though as mutinous behaviour will not be tolerated.

Black Bart Zell - Roleblocker - As such a formidable pirate, anyone you target will cease their actions in fear. If you target no one you will protect yourself.

Bosun Smee mr-paul - Protector. You love being a pirate and hold the crew in high esteem. Pick a target at night to protect them.

Captain Bligh Jonnas - Thief - Neutral - If you manage to steal every item in the game you will win above the town/mafia - you may target the dead. Some items grant you extra abilities - you will learn more when they are in your possession.

[items & effects:

Already holding - blubber's gold (doesn't count towards total)

Jim Hawkins - compass (gain tracker power)

Cpt. Jack Sparrow - compass (gain reverse tracker power)

Popeye - Spinach - evade night-kill / lynch requires 2 votes above majority

Davey Jones - key - No effect

Peg leg pete - wooden leg - no effect

Drunken Dan - alcohol - drink through the night, you will have a random target next night phase

Captain Hook - alarm clock - no effect

Ol' Drunken Dan Diageo- You are in charge of the ship's supply of rum. You take your job very seriously and personally test each bottle for quality control. Each night you will stumble onto the main deck and interrupt your target - you will randomly protect, roleblock or redirect them or replace their target. You have a lynchbomb.

(didn't actually have a lynchbomb, it was a Christmas pudding)

Eyepatch Eddy The Fish - Tracker - Using your telescope and one good eye you scan the ship from the crow's nest to spot troublemakers. Select a target and you will follow their actions for that night.

Captain Hook HeroicJanitor - Investigator - You joined this crew as 1st mate. You have recently heard whispers of a mutiny and have made it your task to investigate further to stop any mutinous actions. Pick a target to learn something about them.

Peg leg Pete Nintendohnut - Protector. You love being a pirate and hold the crew in high esteem. Pick a target at night and you will fight off anyone targeting your chosen crewmate.

Barnacle Bill Ellmeister - Reverse Tracker. They don't call you barnacle bill for nothing; each night you attach yourself to a player and see who targets them in the night.

Captain Blackbeard Rummy - Investigator -As 2nd mate it is in your interests to maintain order, you can't become captain if the crew all kill each other. Each night you will investigate the actions of your fellow pirates.

... I knew we should've gone for ReZ...

I didn't ever expect this neutral mafia. I thought mr-paul had killing powers, but that was it.

Peeps, I targeted MadDog in this final night, I didn't realize I already had all that gold! :grin:

Unfortunately, I would've never suspected Dazz had that final item. I mean, I thought MadDog, Jayseven and mr-paul were the last itemholders, before I actually targeted mr-paul. After that, I thought it was Dannyboy :heh: And after failing MadDog, only then I would've considered Nintendohnut's wooden leg, or The Fish's telescope.

Still 4 items in the first 4 nights was actually pretty impressive, if I say so m'self :)

Conclusion: Next time I tell you guys to lynch ReZ, remember this game!

@The Peeps:

I honestly thought this was a good game. Regarding my role, I think that a goal of 5 items would've been better, everything considered. As for everything else, I don't see any problems with anything. Pretty good game, I say :)

I liked my role too. And no, didn't see that second team coming..

For the rest of you:

The Peeps changes my role a bit. I wanted to target myself, what was it, night 3? And initially he didn't allow it (my second choice would have been heroicjanitor), but in the end, he decided to have me lock myself up. He hinted that I've been targeted by several people. After that, anyone who got locked up didn't receive the vote penalty.

Funny our mafia's end on the same day ;).

Wow, never saw that coming. There was a lot of strange accusations flying about the place and some voting patterns that were a bit out of place... still I thought the town had it won.

Surely if they are a mafia, then by definition they are evil, but only appear as neutral. Only my opinion, but appearing as neutral gave them a big advantage over the normal mafia. Perhaps if the town had known sooner if there were 2 mafias then it might not have been so easy for them. Still, well played to the neutral mafia.