NEurope
Cube

Firefly Mafia - Game Thread

We could treat this as the first day almost, except we start with more info than usual. changevote: No Lynch

Learned absolutely nothing today and translating is a waste of time, the gibberish-speakers are roleblocked so unless they stick a load of exclamation marks in because they noticed something in the write-up don't bother translating it, they have nothing. We could treat this as the first day almost, except we start with more info than usual.

Dazz (1):Tales

No Lynch (5): jayseven, Dazz, Diageo, mr-paul, heroicjanitor

Majority is 8

(Considering how this is going, you may as well start sending PMs in now)

I'm translating this because watching Dazz attempt to do so is becoming a little annoying :p and the day will end soon so I might as well clear it up a little

Dolhaxaps zo lerofrengols pi jaxairkoopols skeurd lopoaxat zoil taxalgots blem zo raxach twe nidds, dib zoupp'lo succossburrupp lero-frengick zo girr?

[f]staxackoveto: Je Rynst.[/f]

Perhaps the roleblockers (and?) jailkeepers should repeat their targets from the last two nights if they're successfully roleblocking the kill?

Changevote: No lynch

So there we are. As for me, I may as well go with Vote: No Lynch seeing as everyone else is. I still think there's more we could get out of this day by hearing from roleblockers.

I am sick of reading these walls of text that reveal no new information whatsoever and just covers old ground. I am also sick of these stupid unnecessary tactics and conditions people keep going on about.

Who the fuck cares if you get an apology after dying, if you're town we would clearly be unhappy you died.

Stop saying the mafia are laughing, I've been mafia before, they never laugh. And even if they do, who cares, no need to mention it every two minutes.

Also Dohnut, we get it, you gave your reasons, doesn't mean we have to trust you. Repeating yourself will get us nowhere.

Also this whole sacrifice thing. You can lynch me tomorrow if I'm wrong. It's the most absurd, town devastating tactic I've ever heard. If you are lynched and turn up town, it does not mean Tales is evil, and if we blindingly lynch him tomorrow, it could be two days wasted lynching townies.

Things Diageo doesn't like:

Walls of text

Tactics

People saying the mafia are laughing

People repeating themselves

People being silly

Things involved in a mafia game:

Walls of text

Tactics

People saying the mafia are laughing

People repeating themselves

People being silly

I think you might be in the wrong game.

Stop being so upset with people for playing a game different to you. And on a side note, if you're town and people constantly accuse you of being evil, argue against you and vote for you, I can tell you from experience it's extremely frustrating. I wanted an apology last time because people were accusing me of being a liar, telling me it was obvious I was lying etc when I wasn't, so I wanted an apology from them when I was shown to be telling the truth. I don't think it's too much to expect (but Dazz probably leave it now - people get it and will apologise if it turns out to be the case).

Cube - sending my PM now.

Walls of texts are fine. Walls of text where you just repeat yourself and keep going over the same arguments and complain about how frustrating it is to be accused of lying when you aren't, those are annoying.

I've been accused of lying many times when I wasn't, it's not that bad, it's the nature of the game. The whole mafia laughing thing is said a lot, like it's a terrible thing.

You ( and Dazz recently) are the only ones that do those things, especially in this game.

I don't mind going off-topic because the day is basically over.

Iaxagoe nud cempraxainick axafuk zo kaxamochyro zaxat who jelmi ox taxakos en? Whed wectolburrupp dilenic. Proaxaso peniz slaxansraxato zis bel whix :P

Walls of texts are fine. Walls of text where you just repeat yourself and keep going over the same arguments and complain about how frustrating it is to be accused of lying when you aren't, those are annoying.

I've been accused of lying many times when I wasn't, it's not that bad, it's the nature of the game. The whole mafia laughing thing is said a lot, like it's a terrible thing.

You ( and Dazz recently) are the only ones that do those things, especially in this game.

I don't mind going off-topic because the day is basically over.

Being accused of lying is one thing, but having several people regularly accuse you of lying and saying you're obviously making things up is frustrating. I can't recall a game where you were in that situation, but I have been in that situation in two recent games (the disney and pirate games) which is why I can understand Dazz's frustration.

As for me and Dazz being the only one to say the mafia is laughing etc... that is an odd accusation. Seriously, you need to look through a few of the mafia games on the forum that were played before you joined. It's not just me and Dazz, it's a part of the game in general. Also, this is like Dazz's third game? It's a little unfair to say he does it when he's only done it in this one game. And the reason for saying things like 'the mafia is laughing' isn't to make it sound bad, it's simply to say that on their forum they will be discussing how to keep the topic away from them and on the townies being accused. They will be happy that it isn't them being questioned, and while they aren't actually physically laughing (it was symbolism more than a physical act) they will be very happy to keep the topic away from them. It's more of an attempt by me to suggest that we should be moving on the discussion because, as you said, we were having to repeat ourselves to answer the questions and it was going nowhere so people should try and get other information and question other people, if you see what I mean.

As I said, stop being annoyed when people say little things like this. It's part of the game, and you are drawing way too much attention to them as if they are some terrible thing. It's a tactic to get people to realise things are going nowhere and to move on. Okay?

I would also like to draw your attention to the earlier days of the gentlemen's mafia, in which you regularly repeated yourself in epic walls of text when people were accusing you. It's hypocritical to moan at people for it now, especially as there is a reason for it:

If you think it's annoying having to read walls of texts of people defending themselves, try being the person who is being accused. In the Pirate mafia I was asked the same two or three questions for 4 days in a row. I had to repeat myself because people were repeating the same questions over and over. If you want people to stop repeating themselves, stop repeating questions and accusations. Agreed?

Iaxagoe nud cempraxainick axafuk zo kaxamochyro zaxat who jelmi ox taxakos en? Whed wectolburrupp dilenic. Proaxaso peniz slaxansraxato zis bel whix :P

I just translated this. Brilliant. Epic lol.

It also helped me work out a part we couldn't work out before, which is this:

i ox = ally

so

loi ox = really (for example)

In the Gentleman's mafia, I was actively trying to be annoying.

Regardless, let's just take it as a friendly suggestion and end it here. Especially since your replies are even more walls of text.

Are you still actively trying? Or is it now just a case of it being a constant in the background of your day to day life? :p

Seriously though, if you don't like walls of text, you probably shouldn't be playing mafia games. Either that or you can just, like, y'know...not read them?

I don't mind walls of text if it's explaining a theory or something, but as soon as I see words along the lines of "when I am revealed to be townie..." I tend to skip the paragraph. It's hugely irrelevant to me and doesn't influence me, but the walls of text themselves are what the mafia will use against us, because if they contain no information and are just full of pleading then there is a big separation between the last info we received and the latest info, links are less likely to be formed. I remember in the Gentlemen's mafia you kept repeating yourself and it was an effective tactic to confuse the town.

Still traversing old ground I see.

I was mostly shocked at how much you and Dazz wrote, yet how little was in it, and how there seemed to be no need for it.

And yeah sure, I'm blunt, arrogant and annoying all the time, I guess you have to get used to it.

By the way, I can name at least two more people that agree with me, about the walls of text thing.

- Wait, so I have to get used to you being blunt, annoying and arrogant, but you want me to stop writing walls of text. Thanks very much Mr Banker, but No Deal.

- What old ground?

- Having two people agree with you doesn't make you right. Just skip the long posts.

I don't mind walls of text if it's explaining a theory or something, but as soon as I see words along the lines of "when I am revealed to be townie..." I tend to skip the paragraph. It's hugely irrelevant to me and doesn't influence me, but the walls of text themselves are what the mafia will use against us, because if they contain no information and are just full of pleading then there is a big separation between the last info we received and the latest info, links are less likely to be formed. I remember in the Gentlemen's mafia you kept repeating yourself and it was an effective tactic to confuse the town.

I accept this point, it's a good one, but in my case in the last game people repeated questions and not answering them looks suspicious so I had to answer them, if you see what I mean.

It does help the mafia, but so does consistently questioning two people and ignoring the rest. If people moved on to other topics of discussion there would be fewer long posts, if you see what I mean. But yeah, I agree with you.

I don't think there's a right in this argument.

Do whatever you want, this is going on for longer than I expected and I don't want to get into a Diageo v Nintendohnut battle again.

You're right, your walls of texts are fine and don't annoy anyone. Can we drop this now?

Just quickly read through the thread. In actual fact I have only made one long post, which was when I was accused. My post explained who I was and included an explanation as to why I thought Dazz was evil, both of which were questions asked of me. Up until this discussion about long posts started, all my other posts were short answers to people's questions. So I'm not sure why I'm being accused really.

And no, I'm not sure we can :p

Jesus Christ, people, stop discussing pointless things! You're doing EXACTLY what you yourselves are complaining about!

Dazz, your demands for Tales are really unjustified. Coming forward is a bad idea for a townie unless there's a need for it. I came forward because I might have found a scumnag (you, as it happens), and Nintendohnut was defending himself. Tales has no reason to come forward since it would only help the mafia and not the town.

As for today, I'm not willing to risk lynching a townie. None have died so far, and with each day we learn more about people, so we're in a fairly good position at the moment. Thus:

Vote: No Lynch

Just quickly read through the thread. In actual fact I have only made one long post, which was when I was accused. My post explained who I was and included an explanation as to why I thought Dazz was evil, both of which were questions asked of me. Up until this discussion about long posts started, all my other posts were short answers to people's questions. So I'm not sure why I'm being accused really.

And no, I'm not sure we can :p

Yes we can.

I was affected by it, and now I'm not. I'm weird like that. The point is I don't care any more, and now it's even amusing.

As I have said before, I'm not even going to try and defend myself because I'm tired of repeating myself and tired of people calling me a liar. If you want to vote for me, vote for me but as Diageo has said before, those of you who are townies will be unhappy. Any questions that people ask me about my character and my role will not be answered by me considering I have answered them before.

So no need to worry about me Diageo.

Plus Nintendohnut has pretty much covered everything that I have wanted to say.

(I really want to post a brilliant 'YES WE CAN' picture of Barack Obama, but it's against the rules. But yeah. It would have been hilarious.)

Does this mean I'm going to be able to make long posts without complaint from now on? Yaysies! :bouncy:

This day needs to end.

I'm blunt, arrogant and annoying all the time

It's going in the sig.

Being accused of lying is one thing, but having several people regularly accuse you of lying and saying you're obviously making things up is frustrating. I can't recall a game where you were in that situation, but I have been in that situation in two recent games (the disney and pirate games) which is why I can understand Dazz's frustration.

To be fair the people accusing you of lying in my game were all mafia scumnags.

I think the ridiculously long posts you and Dazz posted late last night/early this morning were a bit pointless - especially as I'd already translated the posts that you both translated. However, I'm not one to tell you to stop posting what you want.

Vote:No Lynch << we're getting nowhere

The town decided to go to bed.

Day 3 Is Over. Please get your PMs in ASAP

No I know, I only translated it because your translation had gaps in some places and I had a few minutes spare in my life, so I thought I'd try and fill those gaps. Plus while I worked though it I realised a couple of new rules that had been confusing the day before, so I thought I'd post those. But yeah, from now on we should just leave it to one person to translate the whole thing in it's entirety rather than three people doing odds and ends of it. That can be jay if he's up for it, or I'll do it if he doesn't want to. Or someone else. I don't mind.

Shiiiiii- sorry *Sleeps*

A man was once again checking himself in the mirror. He loved himself too much to stop. Suddenly, something outside caught his eye. He went out and found nothing. He then decided to look after someone else tonight.

On his way to his new target's house he walked past two women having a conversation, he exchanged a few words and carried on. When he got to the house he discovered that he had followed the wrong directions. He decided to stay and look after the resident. Throughout all this, he did not notice someone watching him from the shadows.

After an older man asked him some questions, the young lover was ordered to take an item from a kind woman. He did so reluctantly - everyone on the planet needed some extra cash.

The companion has chosen her client for the night. "I'm sorry, but I wont ever cheat on my boyfriend" came the reply. Confused, the companion went home and ate a nice lovely red apple. She fell asleep.

The next morning, the companion woke up dead.

Dannyboy-the-Dane is dead. He was the companion Amie Edling. He/She was good.

Players

Dazz

Diageo

Ellmeister

heroicjanitor

jayseven

Jonnas

MadDog

mr-paul

Nintendohnut

ReZourceman

Sméagol

Tales

The Peeps

Zell

14 Players Remain. Majority is 8

Day 4 Begins Now

Too bad Dannyboy. And that's another food related incident. I'm going to lynch the first cook I find.

Danny dead early eh? Rare occurrence. Looks like he died from poison too, whereas others just spoke gibberish. Maybe it's random whether they die or not and we were lucky the first two nights? I know a few people in this write-up now, and it looks like Diageo could have something to say about someone. If he hasn't said it yet though he probably knows more about the situation than I do.

Bad luck, Dannyboy and, like Tales has said, I'm going for the first cook that comes to light!

I also know a couple of people from that write-up.

Well aren't you all very productive. Looks like I was right about the mafia killing via poison.