NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

Oh really... I think the fixed camera 2D areas are part of Ocarina's charm.

ahah oh shhhtop

I'm liking the new look.

Fantastic! Now I wish they'd make it available for Wii as well!

Pleeeeease remake Majora's Mask Nintendo

Yeah it seems they've really gone all out on the Water Temple, knowing it dissapointed/didn't live up to even their own expectations before.

I am loving the screenshots. Very excited about this game. First time Ocarina!

It looks so good. The thing I'm most interested in about the Water Temple, is whether what I thought was the most difficult puzzle will have a visual clue this time.

The floor you have to bomb. In the original it was totally plain, giving no clue it was weak.

The updated visuals are really nice, but I'm not digging the one showing the battle with Phantom Ganon. :nono:

2re5iyd.png

It's the lighting more than anything, it looks way too bright and clean, I seriously prefer the look on the original version. It's actually one of my favourite parts of the entire game, I loved the dark/eerie vibe of it.

But that seems to be lost in the 3DS version. :hmm:

Anyway, it's just a screen, so I'll reserve judgement until I see it in action.

I see your point, but I don't remember the N64 version being quite that dark either.

I do think I prefer the old water temple look though, the murky water suits it better rather than the bright blue, but I'll wait to see it in action :)

Yeah that Phantom Ganondorf picture was the one I wasn't too keen on either. I like you, prefer the original. And seeing as it was the forest temple, the green haze really suited!

I'm looking forward to seeing certain characters in the remake. I always thought Impa's design looked a little rough compared to others.

And will be good seeing Dark Link... though I really hope they give him a cutscene this time! With the camera behind him, down at his feet, watching you approach... the two of you staring at one another across the lake!

And will be good seeing Dark Link... though I really hope they give him a cutscene this time! With the camera behind him, down at his feet, watching you approach... the two of you staring at one another across the lake!

Really? I thought it was way more eerie and WTF to turn around and see this shadowy figure under the tree.

What I loved about the Dark Link scene in OOT, which a couple of people may not have noticed... when you go into the room, you can clearly see Link's reflection on the floor, keep running straight, till you're past the island... and suddenly, the reflection is gone. ie. reflection up until half way = dark Link. Turn around, and there he is waiting at the tree. Awesome

Really? I thought it was way more eerie and WTF to turn around and see this shadowy figure under the tree.

What I loved about the Dark Link scene in OOT, which a couple of people may not have noticed... when you go into the room, you can clearly see Link's reflection on the floor, keep running straight, till you're past the island... and suddenly, the reflection is gone. ie. reflection up until half way = dark Link. Turn around, and there he is waiting at the tree. Awesome

I never noticed that!

Oh no, I love how you turn round and suddenly there he is... but then as soon as you see him, couldn't the camera then focus in on him and into a brief cutscene. I'd just like him to be made into slightly more of a character (the alter you)... and maybe make him a little darker than he was in OOT.

Dark%20Link%20Smash%20Bros.JPG

Edited by Retro_Link

I never noticed that!

Oh no, I love how you turn round and suddenly there he is... but then as soon as you see him, couldn't the camera then focus in on him and into a brief cutscene. I'd just like him to be made into slightly more of a character (the alter you)... and maybe make him a little darker than he was in OOT.

Ah right, then yeah fair enough. A bit more theatre and character building would definitely be good. Well, any character building would be a start as you say

I wonder if they'll alter how well some tactics work. Like how you can destroy Dark Link with the Megaton Hammer.

I hope they leave it as it is. I prefer to be surprised in-game instead of an introductory cutscene. It adds to the surrealism of the battle.

@Grazza: That which you speak of...

I thought it was a time block, behind the Longshot? There was a visual clue, it was just really, really subtle. Especially since your first thought after getting it is trying it in those rooms you couldn't advance in before. I only got it after looking a good while at the map and concluding there had to be something in that room

Maybe it was an homage to the original LOZ, where there weren't any clues about which parts of the wall you could bomb :D

Maybe it was an homage to the original LOZ, where there weren't any clues about which parts of the wall you could bomb :D

Bombable walls make a different noise when you hit it with a sword.

I agree that some areas should not have been brightened up, like the boss room with Gohma and the Phantom Ganondorf room. The "fog" and darkness in those areas added a lot of depth to the battles. I hope they don't muck up the Shadow Temple or the final boss battles this way.

That said:

OMFG I WANT THIS NAOW.

I agree that some areas should not have been brightened up, like the boss room with Gohma and the Phantom Ganondorf room. The "fog" and darkness in those areas added a lot of depth to the battles. I hope they don't muck up the Shadow Temple or the final boss battles this way.

Yeah I agree. Although I'll admit I didn't notice the lack of fog when I tried the demo on Sunday.

I hope they leave it as it is. I prefer to be surprised in-game instead of an introductory cutscene. It adds to the surrealism of the battle.

@Grazza: That which you speak of...

I thought it was a time block, behind the Longshot? There was a visual clue, it was just really, really subtle. Especially since your first thought after getting it is trying it in those rooms you couldn't advance in before. I only got it after looking a good while at the map and concluding there had to be something in that room

Surely the only way your gonna be surprised in this game is if they DO had new things like these!

Surely the only way your gonna be surprised in this game is if they DO had new things like these!

Well, it's not going to be surprising to me either way, but you gotta consider the younger generation, think of the children!

But that seems to be lost in the 3DS version. :hmm:

Anyway, it's just a screen, so I'll reserve judgement until I see it in action.

Adjust the brightness of the system? :heh:

Well, it's not going to be surprising to me either way, but you gotta consider the younger generation, think of the children!
Why?!... this is OUR generations game *said in Sparta like way*... sod anyone else! :p

Iwata Ask - Volume 5

Asking Mr. Miyamoto Right Before Release - Zelda: OOT 3D

Iwata: Well, I feel that I've started to understand, little by little, what makes Ocarina of Time special. Of course, the Nintendo 3DS version of Ocarina of Time is crammed with interesting things that weren't in the Nintendo 64 version, but we'll wait to talk about those the release.

Miyamoto: Right (laughs).

Miyamoto:

Ah, you're right. One of the biggest features of Ocarina of Time may be that it has so many firsts packed into it. And then, this might sound a technical, but the Ocarina of Time game is built, not from a story, but from elements and composition.

Iwata:

Elements and composition.

Miyamoto:

Right. There are people who wrote the story, and of course, if you have no story, you're in trouble. But, more than the story itself, I think the various character settings and other factors are what make the fundamentals of the game come to life. In other words, it isn't that there's a certain worldview and a certain story around which the characters and items and landscapes are constructed. The heart of Ocarina of Time lies in what the individual designers composed with the elements produced by the person in charge of writing the story.

Edited by Dante