NEurope
Iun

Teh Mad Publishings!

Congrats!

Why is it signed "Scott Hockley"?

Because that's my name?

Or at least, part of it.

David Scott Iun Rohhann Robert Jastallis Teleka Hockley is something of a mouthful, no?

Iun, is that really your name? That has to be the longest name I've ever known!

Anyway, congratulations! :D

Fair enough.

May I introduce you to Mian Allah Rassi Mohammed Din Muzhar Jamal Rasool Babur. (You know him better as Fierce_LiNk)

I was gonna say that Iun can almost compete with Jim haha!

Well done Iun on getting your academic paper published! =D

Just finished reading it, very well written, but I won't pretend it's not over my head!

How did you end up writing this piece? Were you approached, or did you just submit it to the site?

Just finished reading it, very well written, but I won't pretend it's not over my head!

How did you end up writing this piece? Were you approached, or did you just submit it to the site?

the article or his full name? :bouncy:

I hit up the site. There's no chance of being approached unless you've already been recognized, then the chances are still slim because the pay is so poor. Most academics publish in quarterly journals these days, I'd love to get into one of those, there's a mint to be made in residual publishing dues as well as the posterity value.

Hell, for the last essay I wrote I was reading guys who were publishing more than thirty years ago and they are still relevant today...how cool is that?

Anyway, congratulations! :D

Yep, that's me. Native American side of the family to blame.

Screw you and your well deserved success! *runs away with shattered self-worth*

Naw, I kid. Gratz! :heh:

Your blog is truly awesome and I'll bet this is too. Congratulations, buddy!

Because you're a legen (no d in legend!) I'm-a open this in a new tab and read it in the next couple of days when I've got 5 minutes to chill, and I'm sober enough to respectfully read it and kowtow appropriately afterwards :)

Thanks for the well-wishes, guys!

I'm now working on a piece about Chinese "neo-colonialism" in Africa, as well as their decision to meet the man allegedly responsible for the genocide in Darfur.

Congrats......

is it bad that I came in this thread purely because I thought it was about Mad Monkey's banning and was a collection of his best posts?

Congrats......

is it bad that I came in this thread purely because I thought it was about Mad Monkey's banning and was a collection of his best posts?

Well someone should do this....

I hit up the site. There's no chance of being approached unless you've already been recognized, then the chances are still slim because the pay is so poor. Most academics publish in quarterly journals these days, I'd love to get into one of those, there's a mint to be made in residual publishing dues as well as the posterity value.

Wait, you mean people pay you to write journal articles? Clearly your field is very different to mine... :heh:

Anyway, congrats on getting published!

Why was he banned? Is it because he's black?

Come on now let's not be racist.

The correct term is African-Caribbean.

Getting Away with Murder in China

This article was picked up by CDT http://www.chinadigitaltimes.net, a prominent pro-democracy movement in the US written by exiled Chinese. They have a lot of links with the NYT and the WSJ, so that was a massive boost. I was sitting there at breakfast yesterday casually reading the site when I thought "...hang on a second... I recognise that writing.... That was me!" I didn't even know the editor had accepted it.

China's Halting Response to Libya

This one was actually two articles that the editor ripped to shreds and re-pasted. I'm not proud of the finished product, but it's more exposure.

Congratulations, Iun, good to see you move up in life :)

I'll read them later when I have the time, definitely.