NEurope
Marcamillian

February draw a day

I spent forty minutes mixing clays to get the colors I wanted, and after that I couldn't be bothered sculpting anything. Oh well. :p

February9.jpg

As Qinc's only fan, you really do put a lot of work into it. I love it! (new issue this sat of course!)

Tonight : The First Pictures (backlog) From A New Series Over A Week.....

THROW BOMBS ON IT.

Coming Soon.

That's what the rest of us have been doing (some days, anyway)! :heh:

I'm just going to put the Xenoblade characters on a shelf somewhere and hope that someday I'll be able to sell them to someone with more money than sense.

Well, I'm slowly trying to work out just quite how much sense I have left...

Just want to say I'm following these and very much enjoying it :) well done to everyone who's kept this up, all quality creations so far.

I started with a simple digital cloud practice today (after listening to 'Feeling Good' by Muse I felt like drawing a blue sky).

feb10-1.jpg

But after doing this I kinda got hit by nostalgia and how I used to draw digital"realistic" images all the time years ago. I would spend days on just one drawing, drawing individual hairs and spots and whatnot, all on a simple online drawing program that wouldn't let you save your progress (all you could do was submit the finished image). So I'd have my computer on for dayssss, drawing during my spare time after school heh.

example 1

example 2

Decided to do a realistic drawing again, though I did it a lot more roughly than I would have back in the day. =P

Drew a snow leopard as they are some of my favourite animals. Love how majestic they look.

feb10-2small.jpg

tumblr_lz79ijQZRl1qemvljo1_500.jpg

For today something a little different! I listened to Protomen Act II: The Father of Death, and made thumbnail sketches of what came to mind for each track/scene. I can then go back and develop each idea!

I did do tons of drawing today at the National Gallery, but then I went to see The Room with Tommy Wiseau in person! (Shook his hand!) And I've come back shattered. Will update you with evidence of my drawing (but sadly not of Wiseau) tomorrow.

I did do tons of drawing today at the National Gallery, but then I went to see The Room with Tommy Wiseau in person! (Shook his hand!) And I've come back shattered. Will update you with evidence of my drawing (but sadly not of Wiseau) tomorrow.

I was at this! Prince Charles cinema, right - which performance?

Also, this thread makes me wish I could draw.

Yup, if you can put pen/brush/stylus/other to paper, you can draw. Now go do it!

I was at this! Prince Charles cinema, right - which performance?

Also, this thread makes me wish I could draw.

The 9 o'clock one? It was pretty epic. I'd happily go every year if he really is going to come back every time. :D

Oh and today's drawings are slightly crazy...

tumblr_lz8onugnh51r5ejtko1_250.jpg

tumblr_lz8onugnh51r5ejtko2_500.jpg

tumblr_lz8onugnh51r5ejtk

tumblr_lz8onugnh51r5ejtk

tumblr_lz8onugnh51r5ejtko5_500.jpg

tumblr_lz8onugnh51r5ejtk

Supergrunch, you can draw! It's all about doing it till you get good :P
Yup, if you can put pen/brush/stylus/other to paper, you can draw. Now go do it!

Yes, what I really mean is "I wish I had put in enough effort and/or had enough talent to be able to draw reasonably well..."

The 9 o'clock one? It was pretty epic. I'd happily go every year if he really is going to come back every time. :D

Yep, the same! And I'd never seen The Room before, so it was pretty fun. :heh: I was in the back row, which was useful for avoiding all the spoons.

tumblr_lz93gvBUWt1qemvljo1_500.jpg

Tarted up a storyboard panel for a friend's short film, "cult of sideways".

February11.jpg

White clay is a dust magnet.

I'm thinking I might make Dickson too, just because he's cool.

Day12-1.png

Day12-2.png

Day12-3.png

Day12-4.png

Being productive...

The hardest part is starting!

My thoughts don't help me...

Just in time, kinda!

For some reason my Photoshop file won't save properly in jpg or png (colours go all weird...) so I had to take a screenshot and use that. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

feb12.png