NEurope
Sméagol

[game thread] High Risk High Reward mafia

Okay, and we can then assume that the 4 terrorists shot DuD, Jon Dedede, Peeps (lol) and Shiekah (lol), so that's everyone accounted for.

So Rummy and Tales are cleared in my eyes (I can believe they did what they say they did). I also find Diageo and mr-paul are likely to be good.

This leaves Cube and Magnus as my main suspicions.

Does anyone else have personal suspicions? Lynching someone would be healthy.

Did @Cube or @Magnus Peterson kill last night?

(also totes apologies for my terrible post last night, seems i was in a worst state than I thought/wii u pad sucks when drunk)

Rummy, not only have they answered that question already, but Diageo has been tallying up the answers. You and Tales admit to killing Sheikah and Yvonne, respectively, and everyone else says they killed nobody.

And Magnus... I guess it's more from the fact that I can't get a decent reading on you, while I at least got some vibes from the other players already.

Ah, my bad. That doesn't mean much though, they could SAY they didn't kill and did? Then again I suppose as you said there were 5 deaths and 3 terrorists - it's unfortunately convenient that the numbers add up.

Now that N1 is over and we fortunately hit enough terrorists - what would people do now? I don't think I'd kill again now due to the risk of it. What are people's estimates on the terrorist numbers etc?

For no other reason than trial and error Vote Magnus Peterson

Ah, my bad. That doesn't mean much though, they could SAY they didn't kill and did? Then again I suppose as you said there were 5 deaths and 3 terrorists - it's unfortunately convenient that the numbers add up.

Now that N1 is over and we fortunately hit enough terrorists - what would people do now? I don't think I'd kill again now due to the risk of it. What are people's estimates on the terrorist numbers etc?

6 shots were fired, Rummy (Sheikah was shot twice). Which means 6 people tried to kill. You, Tales and 4 terrorists sounds about right.

If things were as you say, then either you or Tales would be the final terrorist, but as it stands, it just means one of the surviving players is lying.

What we do now is rely on our instincts. Either that, or we continue Yvonne's school of thought, but I wouldn't recommend it since last night certainly jumbled a lot of stuff in our minds.

Yvonne was gaffing, trying to appear good and communicate with the terrorists probably, I wouldn't pay too much mind to the posts - valid points maybe, but wholly discounted by his terrorist flip for me. If anything, and it'll be going deep, we should try to see who else has done the same or responded. Thing is it's still not 100%, I'd say my actions and Peeps's weren't too different; and I know I'm a citizen.

It's interesting that we know the shots fired at night. I would wonder if there's still a possibility of taking a town 'focus' on a certain player to kill at night, rather than lynching in the day. Currently though, I don't know who I suspect. I wouldn't have pegged Peeps, and I'll admit Sheikah was a random punt - Yvonne was the only person really bothering me, in addition to Cube and DuD(again very mild) and I was wrong about DuD at least.

Vote count

Tales [1]: Cube

Jonnas [1]: Magnus Peterson

Magnus Peterson [2]: Jonnas / Tales

Not voting [3]: Mr-Paul / Rummy / Diageo

There are 7 active players.

Absolute majority is 4.

Majority has not been reached.

Deadline is 21-05-2013 00:00 CET (20-05-2013 23:00 UK).

24 hours remaining.

I'm sorry, had a mega busy weekend, and last night I think I was as drunk as it appears Rummy was!

We have six shots, two accounted for from the alive, (Tales and Rummy), then if we assume the 3 terrorists who died all killed (or would they have risked not killing?) the last kill came from either of the dead citizens, or someone alive is lying.

I do think though that Yvonne and Sheikah were probably killed by the mafia, to reduce the amount of discussion, a tactic that massively backfired for them!

To me, we have a couple of options - lynch Tales or Rummy for being a killer, or vote for someone we see as acting suspicious/a potential liar. No-one really stands out as fishy to me, though.

I think Rummy is suspicious. I stress the 'think'. I just don't know.

I will not kill tonight for the numbers are against the town.

I'm clearly very suspicious. You know, with talking and all.

I still say don't waste votes on lynches, kill at night. If people want me dead, then I suggest everyone target me in the night(now we know how many shots are fired) - you'll see tomorrow how many aren't aimed at me and can go from there.

Rummy, stop urging people to kill during the night. Are you trying to get the town to just kill each other you terrorist?

"Don't waste your votes on lynches"? That's literally what votes are meant to do! And if we lynch people, at least we know exactly who voted for their death.

And it should be noted, that if we don't reach a lynch, I am going to kill one of the people I find suspicious. If we don't lynch, we're basically sitting ducks, waiting for chaos to happen.

If we do reach a lynch (whoever it may be), I won't kill.

Hey, I'm urging them to kill me dummy! I'm not saying 'everyone kill someone at random'; that gets us nothing. Neither do lynches except helping terrorists - the only info we get is what someone is - as previously stated we're all uninformed as to who's who so it nets us nothing lynching. Focusing kills instead of lynching does something, although admittedly it more guarantees a death. It's the way I'd test whether people who say they'll do something actually do it. What Jonnas is doing is even more dangerous, he's killing if there's no lynch - at random, I'm saying to kill the intended lynchee. You said yourself Diageo, if you aren't prepared to be killed then you shouldn't kill - I am.

Jonnas, you know who voted for their death - but as I asked the now revealed terrorist Peeps - what does that tell us? Nothing. Nothing at all, because none of the terrorists know who each other are. Tell me, what exactly have you learned from Jimbob's lynch? Other than the fact he was a citizen, and is now dead.

Jonnas, you know who voted for their death - but as I asked the now revealed terrorist Peeps - what does that tell us? Nothing. Nothing at all, because none of the terrorists know who each other are. Tell me, what exactly have you learned from Jimbob's lynch? Other than the fact he was a citizen, and is now dead.

Going by lynches is still a better option than killing at random, though. Let's face it, 6 shots were fired, but at least 3 of them would've never come to public (I'm assuming Yvonne would've claimed responsibility for 1 shot)

What Jonnas is doing is even more dangerous, he's killing if there's no lynch - at random, I'm saying to kill the intended lynchee.

Not random: I've already said who it is I suspect. The logic here is, if there's no lynch, we're sitting ducks waiting for the final terrorist to pick his targets, one by one. Hell, I'm a likely target for him, considering I've been talkative. Naturally, so are you.

We only have one death per night. We can afford to talk this out for a few days instead of speeding up our demise and just shooting from the hip.

Going by lynches is still a better option than killing at random, though. Let's face it, 6 shots were fired, but at least 3 of them would've never come to public (I'm assuming Yvonne would've claimed responsibility for 1 shot)

Not random: I've already said who it is I suspect. The logic here is, if there's no lynch, we're sitting ducks waiting for the final terrorist to pick his targets, one by one. Hell, I'm a likely target for him, considering I've been talkative. Naturally, so are you.

I'm not saying kill at random nor who you suspect - I'm saying focus the kills to the lynch target.

You've also neglected to tell me what info, exactly, we garner from lynching people. I'll ask again, what did you learn from the Jimbob lynch?

We didn't really learn a lot from the Jimbob lynch, other than quite a few of those pushing it turned out to be mafia. Although we wouldn't have discovered that if people didn't kill them at night.

Diageo is right - if there is only one terrorist and the rest of the us aren't reckless and keep our guns to ourselves, we have a better chance of winning this game.

Of course, we'll need to take a chance on a lynch to collectively get rid of the mafioso, but I think it is better we do that rather than someone taking it into their own hands and ending up killing all townies and handing the mafia the win. We have time on our hands, if there's one left they're nowhere near majority. Multiple kills just brings the terrorists closer to majority if we misfire.

I do believe Tales will kill, though. I'm having second thoughts about killing my suspicions, but I keep thinking I might be the next victim as well...

Vote count

Absolute majority is 4.

Deadline is 21-05-2013 00:00 CET (20-05-2013 23:00 UK).

1 hour remaining.

If Tales decides to kill, we can deal with that when we get to it.

End of day 2

Final vote count

Absolute majority is 4.

Casualty report

None.

Start of night 2

Deadline is 22-05-2013 00:00 CET (21-05-2013 23:00 UK)

[01] The Peeps - terrorist - shot 1 time

[02] Tales

[03] Yvonne - terrorist - shot 1 time

[04] Sheikah - terrorist - shot 2 times

[05] Jonnas

[06] Jon Dedede - citizen - shot 1 time

[07] Cube

[08] DuD - citizen - shot 1 time

[09] Jimbob - citizen - lynched

[10] Mr-Paul

[11] Rummy

[12] Diageo