NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

I think the issue of contention is this statement by you in an earlier post.

This comes back round to one of the points I somewhat made in my long ranty post - I don't WANT a PS4(which I assume you meant) or XBone right now(if at all). However I do approve of some of the features they have - such as good online infrastructure, decent chat options etc - I will use P3/4+Xbone360 as examples to highlight good examples of this or features I would like(when I didn't in the Smash thread, another member felt the need to point out that this exists on other systems already). More so I actually refer to the technical 'last gen' of PS360 for my examples - not even the 'current' competition. It seems silly to be behind when you're ahead, no?

My greatest issue with the Wii U isn't that it isn't the competition, or I want the competition, but it was sold to me and I bought it on a lot of promise. 1.5 years since release and I've yet to see Nintendo offer a really good and solid outing that makes extensive use of the USP(the gamepad). I've also yet to see the extensive amount of third party and appealing games that I felt they promised with it.

Of course, the follow up to this is 'wait til e3 though!' - what if, after e3, I'm still wanting? 'wait til christmas though!' what if it's still not good then? 'wait til their next console!' - no thanks, I got let down too much with the last.

And that's the thing. Their performance now and with the Wii U affects their entire future. The Xbone+PS4 aren't sold merely on their own merits - the 360+PS3 heavily seeded their sales. Nintendo's past performances and offerings are what has sold the Wii U to a lot of us, too. So what of the future, if the Wii U doesn't do enough now?

I agree 200% with everything you just said. I feel that we are in the same boat because we both bought our Wii Us at around the same time, didn't we? Around this time last year, I think?

That last paragraph is what I was getting at with my hardware thread; if they fuck up now (which they have), it'll affect the performance of their next console. These issues now have a disastrous long-term effect and it makes it harder to entice people to buy your system if you're already starting off on the wrong foot with them.

My greatest issue with the Wii U isn't that it isn't the competition, or I want the competition, but it was sold to me and I bought it on a lot of promise. 1.5 years since release and I've yet to see Nintendo offer a really good and solid outing that makes extensive use of the USP(the gamepad). I've also yet to see the extensive amount of third party and appealing games that I felt they promised with it.

This part is what hurts me the most. Whilst the Wii was weaker in terms of hardware last gen, I felt that there was still plenty of exclusives to draw people in. We had the likes of Silent Hill and Dead Space to make good use of the Wiimote features. The system didn't get a lot of third party releases, but we got games ready made for the system, the likes of NiGHTS, House of the Dead: Overkill, No More Heroes, etc.

I feel annoyed because we should be getting exclusives making use of the GamePad AND the third party ports due to it being more powerful. Instead, we're getting neither.

Well you lot just stop moaning and the Wii U should not lose the gamepad Mario Kart 8 is selling out worldwide and Nintendo said Gamepad games are geting announced at E3 oh year you lot are turning out to be neogaf people

Well you lot just stop moaning and the Wii U should not lose the gamepad Mario Kart 8 is selling out worldwide and Nintendo said Gamepad games are geting announced at E3 oh year you lot are turning out to be neogaf people

lets bury our heads in the sand and pretend the Wii U is perfect. Debating is a good thing dude.

Also, I dont expect to see anything at E3 that will make the gamepad worthwhile.

GBA and DS games is not cutting it.

lets bury our heads in the sand and pretend the Wii U is perfect. Debating is a good thing dude.

Also, I dont expect to see anything at E3 that will make the gamepad worthwhile.

What did you say

Iwata further teases Nintendo’s GamePad-focused titles for E3, developed under Miyamoto’s guidance

http://nintendoeverything.com/iwata-further-teases-nintendos-gamepad-focused-titles-for-e3-developed-under-miyamotos-guidance/

Nintendoland II featuring Gamepad controlled 'Tingle's Balloon Pop' complete with online leaderboards for three of the other games, online multiplayer for two of the games when you buy them as dlc, plus voice chat in the lobby on the second Tuesday of each month but only from 7:00am - 21:59pm GMT for Nintendo Network Premium members only. :heh:

Killer App right there... : peace:

Nintendoland II featuring Gamepad controlled 'Tingle's Balloon Pop' complete with online leaderboards for three of the other games, online multiplayer for two of the games when you buy them as dlc, plus voice chat in the lobby on the second Tuesday of each month but only from 7:00am - 21:59pm GMT for Nintendo Network Premium members only. :heh:

Killer App right there... : peace:

You joke, but that would be awesome!

Iwata has clearly said both in January and this past week that they're showing a load of core GamePad pushing titles

Because of EA's unprecedented partnership with Nintendo.

I hope it does come to Wii U

FIFA 15 is a must have game for the system. I don't think you can underestimate how damaging it is not having that game. Nintendo should just pay EA to do it. And Tiger Woods whilst we're at it.

FIFA 15 is a must have game for the system. I don't think you can underestimate how damaging it is not having that game. Nintendo should just pay EA to do it. And Tiger Woods whilst we're at it.

This is part of the problem, I don't think Nintendo operate that way. Are they known to dip their hands into their wallets to secure games?

They need FIFA there, for sure. They also need to snap up a deal with Konami and get PES on side, too. Can't believe there's no Minecraft game available in some form for the Wii U...

I am Surpporting 3rd Party's becuse I have upgraded my Pre-Order for Watch Dogs to the Deadsec editon

This is part of the problem, I don't think Nintendo operate that way. Are they known to dip their hands into their wallets to secure games?

They need FIFA there, for sure. They also need to snap up a deal with Konami and get PES on side, too. Can't believe there's no Minecraft game available in some form for the Wii U...

The moment they start, it's a slippery slope. It'll become expected.

Possibly, but if there's no other choice and if that's the only way to secure the games, what's the alternative? The games won't come otherwise. It's not really something I can see Iwata doing anyway.

They've already helped companies like Level 5 and Capcom financially by taking over international distribution and publishing for some games. Other companies don't expect extra help publishing in other territories.

Watch this

Edited by lostmario
fixed link

Wait. It's a slippery slope for them to financially help get games on their console...?

As long as they made it clear that it was done on their terms (and being the ones with the money) and organised a fair deal, I can't see how it can be anything but a good thing all around.

I agree 200% with everything you just said. I feel that we are in the same boat because we both bought our Wii Us at around the same time, didn't we? Around this time last year, I think?

That last paragraph is what I was getting at with my hardware thread; if they fuck up now (which they have), it'll affect the performance of their next console. These issues now have a disastrous long-term effect and it makes it harder to entice people to buy your system if you're already starting off on the wrong foot with them.

This time last year is probably about right - I remember it wasn't long after I got mine, which was end of March(then I went on holiday and gave it to Dedede) so we were probably cracking on games around the same time.

Good thing none of us are expecting anything of Nintendo already, then.

Watch this

He is one of the worst speakers I've ever had the misfortune to listen to. Coupled with the fact he doesn't have much of a clue what he's talking about I wonder why you decided to show us that...

Edited by Retro_Link
embedded youtube video

I'd be happy with either/or. Surely somebody at Nintendo will look at sales figures of games like FIFA, Tiger Woods etc and realise that they need sports games to sell consoles. I'm happy with FIFA 13 for now, but really missing Tiger Woods and I'm sure there are plenty of NFL fans feeling the same way. If the EA/Konami deals are dead in the water then at the very least they need to get somebody else to create a range of sports games for the system.

I'd be happy with either/or. Surely somebody at Nintendo will look at sales figures of games like FIFA, Tiger Woods etc and realise that they need sports games to sell consoles. I'm happy with FIFA 13 for now, but really missing Tiger Woods and I'm sure there are plenty of NFL fans feeling the same way. If the EA/Konami deals are dead in the water then at the very least they need to get somebody else to create a range of sports games for the system.

FIFA is definitely not coming. PES is an interesting one as if that gets a PS4/xbox one release and not Wii U then that will be a big loss.

Considering the last PES never got a European release on 3DS I do wonder if Konami will do the same again this year for 3DS and Wii U.

Konami must be happy with PES sales in Japan for 3DS as they keep releasing games and a new world cup edition comes out this week I think.

But yes there is nothing to stop Nintendo developing there own sports titles. They won't bother though.