NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo 3DS Direct - 29/08/2014 - 12pm

Nintendo has told Eurogamer that the new 3DS and 3DS XL designs will not reach Europe until 2015

FUCK FUCK FUCK!!! WHY!1!!!!/!/!/1121/!

I DON'T WANNA WAIT!! I WANT IT NOW!!!! :mad:

Ugh.

That is so not cool. icon13.gif

Wouldn't be so bad if it was just the additional hardware stuff and improvements to the Browser/Miiverse/eShop speeds, but New 3DS exclusive games? :shakehead

I was ok with getting 3 different DS systems (fat, lite and DSi) but the NDS library was significantly stronger than that of the 3DS (63 DS games in my collection, vs 26 for 3DS) I'm really not up for buying a 3rd 3DS. :blank:

Actually hoping this stays exclusive to Japan. :heh:

And lol @ using that "2nd stick" for smash attacks. :laughing:

I dunno, for a long handheld generation, there's quite a distinct lack of games being announced for the 3DS lately. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the final push like we've seen with XL models and things in the past (dat Wine colour with a pen!). Maybe a new handheld to be revealed at E3 next year, released Christmas?

Tbf we haven't seen the large model in white have we? that could have the same coloured buttons.

They announced the colours and white wasn't one of them. But Europe could be different of course! Hope so.

Ugh.

Wouldn't be so bad if it was just the additional hardware stuff and improvements to the Browser/Miiverse/eShop speeds, but New 3DS exclusive games? :shakehead

I was ok with getting 3 different DS systems (fat, lite and DSi) but the NDS library was significantly stronger than that of the 3DS (63 DS games in my collection, vs 26 for 3DS) I'm really not up for buying a 3rd 3DS. :blank:

DSi had exclusive games. GameBoy Color had exclusive games. It's not that much different

Ugh.

Every Nintendo handheld always gets at least 3 re-designs and 3 out of 5 (GBC, DSi, New3DS) of them have come with improved hardware and exclusive games of their own.

It's just stupid to leave it till next year outside of Japan though. Who the hell isn't just going to wait until the new hardware hits now!? Hardware sales are gonna fall through the floor until then!

Xenoblade ported to 3DS... what a strange decision/waste of time.

Cool there's a second stick, but it looks weird and fragile! like the rubber could brake off like the eraser on the end of a pencil.

Might be time to pick up a 3DS sometime soon though.

Whhaaaaaat? How have you lasted this long without one??? It's a brilliant console, get one ASAP!

oh god no

no

i just had a horrible realisation

Nintendo has teased Majora's mask loads, but not announced for "reasons".....what if this is the N64 + Ram expansion all over again (but worse) and there is a Majora's Mask 3D....for new 3DS only

best get a belt sander and smooth the edges on this barrel i'm going to be bent over, and pre lube my ass

do we have a rough price yet?

Nintendo has told Eurogamer that the new 3DS and 3DS XL designs will not reach Europe until 2015

But people like me will be buying a 3DS in time for Smash and Pokemon... So I should buy another one in 2015? k thx.

LOL - Im not surprised - Nintendo'h moments.

The 2015 date explains why this was a Japan-only direct. They'll probably talk about it in a later direct over here.

DSi had exclusive games. GameBoy Color had exclusive games. It's not that much different
Ye didnae get what I mean.

I just don't think the 3DS library (now and probably in the future too) justifies a 3rd version of the system. Really can't see myself ending up with 60+ 3DS games. :blank:

Every Nintendo handheld always gets at least 3 re-designs and 3 out of 5 (GBC, DSi, New3DS) of them have come with improved hardware and exclusive games of their own.
I think GB and DS were in much better positions software-wise to accommodate them though. Edited by RedShell

Just looked at the announcement again and fuck Xenoblade looks dreadful. Maybe I'm just too used to my Vita right now, but I really hope that's very early footage.

Just looked at the announcement again and fuck Xenoblade looks dreadful. Maybe I'm just too used to my Vita right now, but I really hope that's very early footage.

Youtube compresses the crap out of everything and 3DS games always look dire in video

It looks just like the Wii version. The original game is not a looker per-say because of the simply massive scale of the game.

Ye didnae get what I mean.

I just don't think the 3DS library (now and probably in the future too) justifies a 3rd version of the system. Really can't see myself ending up with 60+ 3DS games. :blank:

I think GB and DS were in much better positions software-wise to accommodate them though.

TBH, both are pretty close for me when you count the eShop games as well. Many of the smaller scale games that you don't really see at retail anymore are on the eShop these days, so it's only fair if you combine the two together.

BTW, I wonder if we might start seeing SNES games hit the New 3DS' eShop now that they have better hardware to work with...

It looks just like the Wii version. The original game is not a looker per-say because of the simply massive scale of the game.

The render distance is the same which is impressive, but the textures have definitely seen a massive reduction in quality. Look for the scene with Shulk's face looking upwards, that and the Mechon you can see suffer the same texture problem, the jaggies I'll ignore as that will no doubt be alleviated when viewed on the actual screen.

This definitely isn't fracturing the user base or going to cause confusion among consumers. [/s] I don't really understand the logic behind releasing this. Maybe it'll make more sense in time.

Another redesign? Seriously?

And Xenoblade only playable on that New 3DS (worst name ever, btw)?

Disappointed again. :(

It's definitely a step down from how it looked on Wii. People complained about the character models in the original being very basic, I didn't have a problem but this is definitely a further regress. The 3DS is not a Wii afterall. The same way the GBA was not as powerful as the SNES, despite the claims. It doesn't look bad though.

The render distance is the same which is impressive, but the textures have definitely seen a massive reduction in quality. Look for the scene with Shulk's face looking upwards, that and the Mechon you can see suffer the same texture problem, the jaggies I'll ignore as that will no doubt be alleviated when viewed on the actual screen.

I'm pretty sure that's just down to the poor video stream quality. The current 3DS already has more RAM available that the Wii does as it is, let alone the New3DS - so if there was anything that would get downgraded, it wouldn't be texture quality (it would be polygon counts, draw distance, framerate, number of enemies on screen etc - texture quality is something that is generally better on 3DS than Wii anyway - as is lighting/shadowing and shader effects).

It's definitely a step down from how it looked on Wii. People complained about the character models in the original being very basic, I didn't have a problem but this is definitely a further regress. The 3DS is not a Wii afterall. The same way the GBA was not as powerful as the SNES, despite the claims. It doesn't look bad though.

The GBA certainly was more powerful than the SNES, much moreso (in fact, it was even able to emulate the SNES, albeit very poorly). The only things that the SNES was better than the GBA at were sound (SNES had a dedicated sound chip, the GBA didn't) and screen resolution (256x224 vs 160x240). In every other respect, the GBA hardware was far superior.

Edited by Dcubed

i must ask why is the current naming trend for tech the "new" and in addition to that why does nintendo have a fetish for calling everything "new" i'm surprised it isn't new smash bros, new mario kart 8

didn't they learn from the WiiU that a ambiguous name is confusing

i must ask why is the current naming trend for tech the "new" and in addition to that why does nintendo have a fetish for calling everything "new" i'm surprised it isn't new smash bros, new mario kart 8

didn't they learn from the WiiU that a ambiguous name is confusing

Bear in mind that it'll probably be called something else outside of Japan as they wouldn't have the obvious naming grammatical problem "a new Nintendo 3DS game has been announced!" there that they would have in the west.

It'll probably be called the 3DSi or the 3DSPlus or something like that over here.

Whhaaaaaat? How have you lasted this long without one??? It's a brilliant console, get one ASAP!
I got one at launch, and bought Pilotwings, OOT, Resi, 3D Land... but then sold it as I kinda lost interest in it.

There's been a few games since though that might tempt me to get one again at some stage.

No real rush/desire though.

But people like me will be buying a 3DS in time for Smash and Pokemon... So I should buy another one in 2015? k thx.

LOL - Im not surprised - Nintendo'h moments.

Thought Serebii?

I'm glad they are releasing an upgraded 3DS but disappointed no bump in resolution of the screen and 2015 in Europe is too late.