NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Hey goafer!

That's funny because you're taking the piss out of something I said in a different thread.

Which has no bearing on my personal life. Or yours.

And this thread is a bit more personal.

And you have no idea what I've gone through in the last 10 months.

But it's ok to joke about it because I'm a bad person.

Because I've recommended a different website.

Which is really encouraging for me to post more, on a site I used to religiously use for 14 years, but strangely stopped using as much over the last 10 months. As if something in my personal life changed.

Smart!

Lots of promotions at work wasn't it?

Which is really encouraging for me to post more

Bit hypocritical isn't it, given that you basically told everyone to stop posting in the funny stuff thread.

Whatever, this place doesn't need more arguments.

Hey goafer!

That's funny because you're taking the piss out of something I said in a different thread.

Which has no bearing on my personal life. Or yours.

And this thread is a bit more personal.

But it's ok to joke about it because I'm a bad person.

Because I've recommended a different website.

Which is really encouraging for me to post more, on a site I used to religiously use for 14 years, but strangely stopped using as much over the last 10 months. As if something in my personal life changed.

Smart!

I'm sorry but this is a massive over-reaction.

Firstly, this forum has always had a jovial atmosphere (sometimes bordering on sardonic, but always in good humour). We've always had in-jokes that have run across multiple different threads and boards, often lasting for years (people are still making Rokhed jokes every-time a new member joins, even people who weren't around when Rokhed was present). So to pull Goafer up for making a joke that originated in another thread is ridiculous.

Secondly, whilst you're right that this thread is of a more personal nature, he was replying to your post about housemates using your stuff. Whilst that can be incredibly frustrating, it's hardly deeply personal or highly emotional. It's certainly something a light-hearted joke can be made out of (bob's comment was also of a light-hearted nature).

Thirdly, nobody has stated, or even implied, that you were a bad person. You made a valid recommendation about a different website, and people had valid disagreements with that. That's all that happened (of course, sprinkled with KNee's trademark sarcasm). If you felt it was anything other than light-hearted then I'm sorry to hear that, but I can assure that was not the intention of Goafer, myself or anyone else.

Finally, if you've gone through a rough time in the past ten months then I'm sorry to hear that. But it's not Goafer's fault, and he wasn't making a joke about any of that stuff, just about your housemate's using your toilet paper. This community is incredibly supportive, and whenever somebody does post some serious problems they're experiencing people rush to offer support and help. If you were to post about a serious issue then Goafer, nor anyone else on this site, would not make jokes about it; so it's unfair to bring up that up to Goafer when it's irrelevant to the joke that he made.

I disagree, I think we need more arguments.

FUCK YOU, YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD.

No, I am your father.

You owe me 29 years worth of birthday and Christmas presents.

(bob's comment was also of a light-hearted nature).

I'm never anything but deadly serious on here.

Why doesn't anyone ever take me seriously? You people think I'm a joke.

Text stuff here that doesn't need repeating

Are you ok? Send us a message if you need to rant.

Also guys, let's end this here shall we, we get it, wasn't needed, was a joke etc etc. :):heart:

You owe me 29 years worth of birthday and Christmas presents.

Son, Bitch please. You owe ME birthday, Christmas and Father's Day presents.

Son, Bitch please. You owe ME birthday, Christmas and Father's Day presents.

You need to be a father before you get fathers day presents. You were never there for me! I'm going to my room!

Aren't I older than you?

I'm sorry but this is a massive over-reaction.

Firstly, this forum has always had a jovial atmosphere (sometimes bordering on sardonic, but always in good humour). We've always had in-jokes that have run across multiple different threads and boards, often lasting for years (people are still making Rokhed jokes every-time a new member joins, even people who weren't around when Rokhed was present). So to pull Goafer up for making a joke that originated in another thread is ridiculous.

Secondly, whilst you're right that this thread is of a more personal nature, he was replying to your post about housemates using your stuff. Whilst that can be incredibly frustrating, it's hardly deeply personal or highly emotional. It's certainly something a light-hearted joke can be made out of (bob's comment was also of a light-hearted nature).

Thirdly, nobody has stated, or even implied, that you were a bad person. You made a valid recommendation about a different website, and people had valid disagreements with that. That's all that happened (of course, sprinkled with KNee's trademark sarcasm). If you felt it was anything other than light-hearted then I'm sorry to hear that, but I can assure that was not the intention of Goafer, myself or anyone else.

Finally, if you've gone through a rough time in the past ten months then I'm sorry to hear that. But it's not Goafer's fault, and he wasn't making a joke about any of that stuff, just about your housemate's using your toilet paper. This community is incredibly supportive, and whenever somebody does post some serious problems they're experiencing people rush to offer support and help. If you were to post about a serious issue then Goafer, nor anyone else on this site, would not make jokes about it; so it's unfair to bring up that up to Goafer when it's irrelevant to the joke that he made.

I get what you're saying (and it's a good example of an overreaction and why they're tough to avoid - because to be direct about the point is to be wordy), and it's difficult to explain further without it just descending into another essay battle.

For instance, there is a discussion in how the inherent difference between the humour used by bob and the joke by goafer. There is a discussion about perceived sleights, and hypocritical rebuffs. There is a discussion in the difficulties of converting the convinced into realising that they are reading these words with an opinion already shaped in their mind.

I just facepalm at the fact that every two months now I get to enjoy the already-old "go ask reddit" type questions, and the hilarious passive thanks that come with it :P

Well, thanks to a certain train company it's taken me 3 1/2 hours to get home on a journey which should only take 1 1/4 hours from the time I finish work to when I get through the front door. In that weather as well, the trains didn't stop or didn't come at all. Took me 1 1/4 hours to get from work back into Cardiff. Then had an hour and a half wait for my next train.

So, grandad passed away at the weekend. "Months, not years" apparently meant "Weeks, not months."

We always feel that there will be more time... I'll do it later, I don't have time now, I can't fit that in at this moment... But the time doesn't belong to us, it's not ours. It exists independent of us and our wants and needs. And then one day, time has gone.

Edited by Iun
Automerged Doublepost

So, grandad passed away at the weekend. "Months, not years" apparently meant "Weeks, not months."

We always feel that there will be more time... I'll do it later, I don't have time now, I can't fit that in at this moment... But the time doesn't belong to us, it's not ours. It exists independent of us and our wants and needs. And then one day, time has gone.

Sorry to hear about your loss. :(

*internet man hugs*

I'm very sorry for your loss Iun. :(

I know what it's like to lose your grandparents, it never really gets any easier, you just try to remember the good times and hold onto those memories for as long as is humanly possible.

So, a couple of months ago, something appeared on my forearm. I first thought it was a bite but it didn't go when another bite from around the same time came.

Two months later, it's still here. Over the past couple of months, I have been absentmindedly scratching it which has caused it to harden and have a scrab like texture on the top, but I did something stupid today and googled what it could be, and now I'm terrified. It could be a wart or something similar, but it could be...well yeah. It matches multiple possibilities.

I recently made an appointment with my doctor for it, but the earliest he could see me is 6th of January so I am starting to lose my mind :/