NEurope
Shorty

Daredevil (2015 TV Series)

Daredevil "teaser" trailer. Looks like my kinda thing!

Lots of details about it on IGN of which I have read none:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/02/03/daredevil-teaser-trailer-exclusive-debut

Edit: Ripped this from the Netflix Marvel thread, think it deserves one of its own since it's pretty awesome! That thread can be used to discuss other upcoming Netflix MCU stuff.

Edited by Shorty

It's close enough now that I think I'll stay away from trailers :D It's out in a month, I believe all 13 episodes all available at once.

Edited by Shorty

Awesome, looks really good now!

Doesn't Netflix release every episode at once??

Edited by MindFreak

Just edited my post, yeah all 13 will air at once, they just only have three listed with titles on the Wiki page which threw me off.

Watched the first episode, really good. The fight scenes are done really well, using sound effects instead of crappy CGI "visualizations" of what he "sees".

Watched the first episode, really good. The fight scenes are done really well, using sound effects instead of crappy CGI "visualizations" of what he "sees".

Yeah. Intense fighting scenes with a nice approach to convey his abilities.

Really enjoyed the first episode.

But somehow I fear that I'll be missing a lot of nuances. I always think so when I watch comic book adaptations because I never read comics. I basically only knew that Daredevil is blind :laughing:

I also quite enjoyed the first episode but I found the sound effects a bit iffy. The punches where way too loud and sounded very fake. Other than that, though, the fighting scenes were very enjoyable and the plot seems quite interesting. Definitely going to watch the rest.

Daredevil was so damn good. Really raised the bar for what a superhero TV show can be. It doesn't have to be corny and silly, or laced with soap opera romance and beautiful people. Funnily enough I did also notice a lot of corny sound effects but it didn't detract from an amazing series.

In a way it's kind of a shame they just released it all at once, I binged through it as most people will, which just makes it a bit more difficult to talk about. There's a reduction in the suspense (however that aspect was, overall, amazing - being quite a brutal show with characters that you get to care about makes that possible), they end an episode on a cliffhanger from time to time but it's ultimately pointless as you can just click "next". I know this format isn't new to Netflix Originals but I don't think I'm a fan.

Anyway, irrelevant, still amazing show. Wish we were getting a Season 2 right away.

Im only about 4 or 5 episodes in so far but I'm enjoying it. Not entirely sold on Daredevil himself yet but I think the normal everyday stuff with Matt, Foggy etc is great. I think if this was a show just about them as lawyers I would happily watch.

Just finished the final ep of season1

MORE PLEASE MARVEL& NETFLIX!

Loved it from start to finish.

Like how they saved the red suit till the end, though Netflix did spoil it with the bloody Thmbnail on the menu, but looked so much more awesome in motion.

The character of Fisk was very interesting, admitidly I don't know a whole lot about Fisk from the comics but I was expecting him to be a different type of character, not so emotional but loved finding out his backstory and the actor who played him did a very good job in his portrayal of this Fisk. Only thing I didn't like was he was never refered to as The Kingpin, thought that might happen at the end like how Daredevil got his name.

Loved how they handled his powers/senses too, nice and subtle no big use of special effects to show his "blind vision" mode. Action was great and fight scenes were awesome.

The non-Daredevil stuff was awesome too, Foggy was a great character too.

Loved the little hints/easter eggs they dropped to link it to MCU, never over used it either, just a few mentions all in the right context. Was hoping for a Stan Lee cameo somewhere though, unless I missed it? Had hoped also by the end we'd get a surprise cameo from a film character or a SHIELD agent or something, like in an after credits type scene after everything was wrapped up.

Hope to see more of Charlie Cox as Daredevil and would love to see him brought into the MCU even more, be it a cameo on Agent of SHIELD or hopefully even better appearing on big screen (not seen Ultron yet, seeing it tomorrow....would it be too much to ask :heh:) Captain America: Civil War seems like the most likely place for that to happen.

So when is the next of these Marvel/Netflix shows coming, Jessica Jones is the next one yeah?

Loved the little hints/easter eggs they dropped to link it to MCU, never over used it either, just a few mentions all in the right context. Was hoping for a Stan Lee cameo somewhere though, unless I missed it?

d5e800d6514fb31a55528b0ff5255fc9.jpg

Episode 12: "I could honestly care less".

Wonder if @ReZourceman's campaign is still going?

I guess you could argue that it's just the character saying it wrong, like many Americans do...

Just started this last night, on episode 4. Enjoying but think my friends have over hyped it a little for me.

(Edited) This is all over the net so I can't really blame you for posting it as you did, and my adding a tag was probably fairly redundant, so apologies. Kind of a shame for them to put something like this in the headlines but maybe it's unavoidable. The more popular and well received a show is, the more sites will use spoilers for clicks.

Edited by Shorty

We watched the first episode yesterday after seeing it on NetFlix and remembering that it received good feedback on here.

For someone who isn't really a fan of Marvel's works, I really, really enjoyed it. That little "montage" at the end was fantastic. Hope it continues to be good from here on in.

We've been continuing with this and I think it just gets better and better.

I love almost every scene where Wilson Fisk is shown. He's an enemy with some depth...I actually feel sorry for him in many places. The contrast (and similarities) between him and Matthew are striking. We've just got to the episode where Foggy finds out who Matthew is and it does show highlight that there aren't that many differences between him and Fisk.

They've got the tone of this spot on. The fighting scenes are really well choreographed; brutal, but also you don't dare look away. I've been recommending this to other people and I hope that there's more of this to come. Just hope it doesn't nose dive now after this!

Very impressed. :D

I finally convinced my girl friend to give this a chance, along with some friends or ours that also recommended it, and we've watched to episode 11 now. It's really good, I'm enjoying it so much. The fighting is awesome, the characters are interesting and deep, and the story is good. I'm already looking forward to Season 2!