NEurope
nekunando

Your 2015 Gaming Diary

I fired up The Unfinished Swan (PS4) again yesterday. Despite finishing the game I still had a few trophies to get. I managed to mop them all up during the course of the evening. One of them was insane. You had to do most of the first level only using a maximum of 3 paintballs! It took numerous attempts, even with the help of a walkthrough.

After that was done, I downloaded Murasaki Baby (Vita). It is another free game from this months PS+.

I'm really enjoying it. I think I put about an hour into it ( its only a few hours long ) but what I played has been a joy.

The way it uses the Vita's touchscreens in various ways has been fantastic. The game has a unique look to it and if I had to pin it to something I would probably say it looks like a game Tim Burton would have designed. :D

I look forward to getting through more of it tonight. Although I have brought my Vita to work with me so I can carry on playing it during my lunch break. :)

I fired up The Unfinished Swan (PS4) again yesterday. Despite finishing the game I still had a few trophies to get. I managed to mop them all up during the course of the evening. One of them was insane. You had to do most of the first level only using a maximum of 3 paintballs! It took numerous attempts, even with the help of a walkthrough.
I finished my first playthrough of The Unfinished Swan last night. Very surreal game. icon14.gif Having to reveal the environment around you is a brilliant idea (although splatting that paint didn't help with my Splatoon withdrawal symptoms :heh:) I also really enjoyed the use of sound, particularly the surround sound, was fun chucking paintballs up as high as possible and then moving forward slightly to hear them splatting on the ground behind me. :grin:

I've also been playing Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition again. I say again, but it was the original version I'd played before, so I am getting to enjoy some new features with STCE. Have also noticed a few changes that aren't so good though, like changing the DA logo to not look so much like EA's icon13.gif and they also got rid of the seizure inducing screen flash when collecting a power-up (although having the light bar on the DS4 freak out at that point is a nice touch :D).

I wasn't planing to play through Guacamelee again so soon, but it's just such an awesome game that I couldn't resist. :) Have added it to the list as beat in advance (still have the final boss to fight) but will no doubt finish it very soon. ;)

Beat:

in January:____________

Resogun (PS4) IDbttgi.gif100%

Shovel Knight (Wii U)

Alien: Isolation (PS4)

Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS) started in 2014

LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)

Duck Tales: Remastered (PS3+)

Dark Souls II (PS3) started in 2014

The Swapper (PS4+)

in February:____________

InFAMOUS First Light (PS4+)

Apotheon (PS4+)

Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) started in 2014

Yakuza 4 (PS3+)

in March:____________

Rogue Legacy (PS4+)

OlliOlli 2 (PS4+)

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS)

3D Out Run (3DS) 100%

Papo & Yo (PS3+)

Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4+)

Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise (Wii) replay

Mighty Switch Force! 2 (3DS)

in April:____________

BOXBOY! (3DS)

Catherine (PS3)

New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U) started in 2014

Woah Dave! (PS4+)

Driveclub (PS4)

Never Alone (PS4+) 100%

Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) replay/DLC pack 2 100%

in May:____________

Race the Sun (PS4+)

Hohokum (PS4+)

MHbUwnT.gifThe Unfinished Swan (PS4+)

MHbUwnT.gifGuacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4+) replay

Unfinished:

-

Well got 3 done since my last update.

Walking Dead Season 1 & 400 Days DLC for PS4.

Talk about late to the party with this one right? I've played episode one back on the 360 at launch, but never picked the rest up for some unknown reason. But it's been a game on my radar since then to pick up as a complete collection. I was fortunate enough that my wife pays attention to stuff I talk about and she surprised me getting the retail physical edition of season one with the DLC for PS4. Literally took 2 sittings to complete and loved it. The 2nd Episode was incredible. I loved feeling like I was actually playing a real role in the zombie apocalypse. The ending... WOW.

Season 2 has been ordered.

Never Alone for PS4

One of the PS+ games from last month. Was tempted to dip into it during Christmas sales (which feel like last week seriously where the fuck is the year going?) but didn't dip in. Enjoyable little game and pretty cute. Little bit frustrating towards the end, the final level was a little bit "Come on now", but I think it's due to the fact my interest dropped a little after

The arctic fox dies and becomes a human spirit. Preferred having the fluffy fox as my travelling partner.

Still enjoyed it, can't complain for a freebie, and picked up all the collectibles in one play.

The Unfinished Swan

Another freebie from PS+ on PS4. Very stylish, and enjoyed the play through of it. Didn't get anywhere near all the balloons on one play through. Not sure i'd go back just yet to do that. Wasn't a fan of the dark night time level. But the rest of the game was brilliant.

So now it stands at:

Completed:

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4)

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4)

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)

Thief (PS4)

Valiant Hearts (PS4)

Abe's Oddysee: New N Tasty (PS4)

Far Cry 4 (PS4)

Walking Dead Season 1 & 400 Days DLC (PS4)

Never Alone (PS4)

The Unfinished Swan (PS4)

Walking Dead Season 2 is on order.

Finished playing Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China. This is called scraping the barrel, i mean 3 Creed games in the space of 6 months is a little too much. It's a 2.5d game based in China, and it's got a few glitches. Combat is simple, but not responsive at times. People wanted a Creed game based in China, and i still feel they need to expand on this. You play as another female assassin, namely the one in the Embers video at the end of Revelations. To be fair, this game had it's good moments. And quite a few irritating ones, and it's not something i'll play again in a hurry.

Just finished Murasaki Baby ( Vita ) and enjoyed every minute of it. As I mentioned in my previous post, the way it uses the Vita is fantastic. Not since Tearaway have I enjoyed using the tilt and touch controls on the Vita so much.

Once again this is a game I probably wouldn't have played if not for PS+. The service is giving so many new and unique gaming experiences and well worth the price.

Just finished Tomd Riader in ps4. Amazjng game. Looks incredible, great sense of place and atmosphere, she's a brilliant character, just love the way she develops as the game goes on, along with her gear and abilities. The gsme does so much right, how it's always clear where to go, regular save points so deaths aren't annoying etc The only slight niggles were a couple of gin fight heavy moments, it was maybe a touch too long and the ending got a little silly, but minor quibbles... God I wish I got an Xbox one :) Will the sequel ever make it to ps4?

Also tried out race the sun. Endless runner. Kne of the blandest endless runners ive ever played. I would delete it off my ps4 but the it has the worst OS in living memory and will always be there in my library. Reminding me I own it...

Finished Sin & Punishment 2 ( Wii U ) this evening.

image_zpslsubbtng.jpg

Awful, awful visuals but fantastic gameplay. It was great playing it on the Gamepad, although I needed to switch to the Wiimote and TV for the final boss. He fired projectiles that moved around too quickly for the sticks to keep up.

I'm hoping a lot more Wii games become available digitally that allow for Gamepad usage.

I've finished Hohokum. I'm on the credits screen right now and it's just as lovely as the rest of the game.

The game is awesome. Basically, if Electroplankton had more of a game to it, it would be something like this. The visuals and sound are fantastic, it's pretty to look at and listen to. It's weird as fuck though and there's very little in the game that makes sense. :D

Really enjoyed it.

Games of 2015

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor - Finished and Platinumed

Transistor - Finished

The Walking Dead Season One - Finished and Platinumed

inFAMOUS Second Son - good ending completed

Watchdogs - started in 2014, finally finished main story

The Walking Dead Season Two - Finished

The Order 1886 - Finished

BLOODBORNE - Finished

Never Alone - Finished

Hohokum - Finished

Just finished Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris ( PS4 ).

Not a bad little game at all. I enjoyed the first one of these Tomb Raider games back on the 360 and it's essentially more of the same. A short, but very sweet, run and gun experience, with a few puzzles scattered throughout.

Started and finished Kirby Super Star (Wii U VC ) today. Standard Kirby game so I obviously enjoyed it. :D

There were a lot of Smash Bros references, such as the Arena mode and one of the bosses essentially being Master Hand. Was this the game that inspired these things?

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Managed to nab myself 2 platinum trophies this weekend, Driveclub and Guacamelee! :yay:

Driveclub is definitely the easiest platinum I've ever got, there isn't really any difficulty involved at all, it's just a case of it taking ages due to all the leveling up needed. :zzz:

Guacamelee on the other hand is almost certainly the toughest (or at least tied with Resogun) man, they sure do make you work for that one. Hard mode can be absolutely brutal at times! Such a rewarding game to master though. :awesome:

Beat:

in January:____________

Resogun (PS4) IDbttgi.gif100%

Shovel Knight (Wii U)

Alien: Isolation (PS4)

Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS) started in 2014

LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)

Duck Tales: Remastered (PS3+)

Dark Souls II (PS3) started in 2014

The Swapper (PS4+)

in February:____________

InFAMOUS First Light (PS4+)

Apotheon (PS4+)

Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) started in 2014

Yakuza 4 (PS3+)

in March:____________

Rogue Legacy (PS4+)

OlliOlli 2 (PS4+)

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS)

3D Out Run (3DS) 100%

Papo & Yo (PS3+)

Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4+)

Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise (Wii) replay

Mighty Switch Force! 2 (3DS)

in April:____________

BOXBOY! (3DS)

Catherine (PS3)

New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U) started in 2014

Woah Dave! (PS4+)

Driveclub (PS4) IDbttgi.gif100%

Never Alone (PS4+) 100%

Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) replay/DLC pack 2 100%

in May:____________

Race the Sun (PS4+)

Hohokum (PS4+)

The Unfinished Swan (PS4+)

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4+) IDbttgi.gifreplay/100%

Unfinished:

-

I got two more games to add to my list.

The first one is Never Alone which I played together with @Fierce_LiNk. Nice little game, lovely visuals. We just played it in one go one night; I loved playing as the little fox, so cute! Happy we got this game for free as otherwise I don't think we would've tried it.

Another game which I finished today is Fez. Such a weird game, but very enjoyable! It took me a bit of time to get into it and to know what I was doing, and I do have to admit that I had to look some stuff up (deciphering the direction and number code for example was something I wouldn't have gotten if I hadn't read about it). It is a tough little game at times, with the puzzles requiring some thinking. But once you know what you are doing, it goes a lot quicker. The visuals are great and old school, the music is nice and the game mechanics are just very clever.

Might play more of this on an NG+ to get extra stuff, unless I start playing something else like Guacamelee.

I also started playing 999 a while ago but have that on hold, will probably play a bit more of that next week. :)

Games played/finished in 2015

Bayonetta

Hyrule Warriors

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U

Valiant Hearts

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Velocity 2X

Rogue Legacy

Cities:Skylines

Bayonetta 2

Never Alone

Fez

Just started playing Persona 4 this week. I think this may take a while...

Started and finished The Unfinished Swan today. It's certainly different from other games that i've played. Has anyone else spotted that Easter Egg as well?

The%20Unfinished%20Swan_20150518190221_zpsnzthciwy.jpg

Not a bad game, again it was another one of them games i probably wouldn't have discovered if it wasn't for PS+. Apparantly, the developers are signed to a 3 game deal for PlayStation, like the developers for Journey, Flow and Flower were.

Started today RE:R and I do like it, but agree with one of the reviews which said that the changing of the stories wasn't really good. I don't like it that much, but I do like the game. I have a problem with aiming, as I am not good at aiming with the analog stick, but also it isn't really precise in my opinion, it moves to much (the cross when I aim).

Another one to the list.

Finished Season 2 of The Walking Dead.

Fuck me, Had read it wasn't as good as season 1. I can kind of agree to a certain extent. But I still loved it and got so attached again to characters.

When you come across the dog, I thought "Awesome, I've got a companion now, I don't feel so alone" and the emotion of having that dog around was pure happiness.

Then finding the food I was happy again like "Everything's coming up Milhouse!"

felt sorry for the dog so fed him, then the fucker bites the shit out of my arm... and at that point I wanted nothing more than to hurt the dog...

Then the next thing, hear a whimper and the poor guys's impaled with camping equipment and I felt like shit and sad... I chose to put him out of his pain.

But the sheer emotion change from joy and safety, to anger and rage, then despair and guilt...wow

And let's not go into how I felt about finding Kenny again. Although In the final scenes I chose to shoot him :(

So anyways, that's another done.

Completed:

Thief (PS4)

Valiant Hearts (PS4)

Far Cry 4 (PS4)

The Walking Dead Season 1 & 400 Days DLC (PS4)

Never Alone (PS4)

The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4)

Buying The Witcher tonight, but won't be finishing that one off quite so quick.

Another one to the list.

Finished Season 2 of The Walking Dead.

Fuck me, Had read it wasn't as good as season 1. I can kind of agree to a certain extent. But I still loved it and got so attached again to characters.

When you come across the dog, I thought "Awesome, I've got a companion now, I don't feel so alone" and the emotion of having that dog around was pure happiness.

Then finding the food I was happy again like "Everything's coming up Milhouse!"

felt sorry for the dog so fed him, then the fucker bites the shit out of my arm... and at that point I wanted nothing more than to hurt the dog...

Then the next thing, hear a whimper and the poor guys's impaled with camping equipment and I felt like shit and sad... I chose to put him out of his pain.

But the sheer emotion change from joy and safety, to anger and rage, then despair and guilt...wow

And let's not go into how I felt about finding Kenny again. Although In the final scenes I chose to shoot him :(

So anyways, that's another done.

Completed:

Thief (PS4)

Valiant Hearts (PS4)

Far Cry 4 (PS4)

The Walking Dead Season 1 & 400 Days DLC (PS4)

Never Alone (PS4)

The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4)

Buying The Witcher tonight, but won't be finishing that one off quite so quick.

Dem feeeels.

Season 1 is better, but Season 2 is still reeeeally good. Can't wait to play the shit out of Season 3 when that eventually comes. (apparently delayed until 2016 fuk dis shiiiiiiitttttt)

Around the 2:50 mark.

Clem: I'm scared Lee

Lee: What can I tell you to make it better?

*select That you won't leave me option*

Clem: That you won't leave me.

Lee: Oh, I wouldn't do that. I promise.

Fuck brah...I got something in my eye, brb...huhuhuhuhuuhuh

After completing Kirby's Epic Yarn and feeling inspired by the recent release of Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, I returned to my old save file on Kirby's Power Paintbrush on DS :smile:

As with Epic Yarn, I had even more fun going back to it for the collectables than I ever did the first time around blasting through it :love:

Unlike the former, though, where I endeavoured to finish it 100%, Power Paintbrush feels somewhat done.. at 41% :eek:

The percentage feels so low but I've collected all the medals in the main game meaning that the remainder is all linked to Time Trials and Line Trials, something I don't feel particularly interested in persevering with. It'll always be an excuse to return to the game again in future, however :heh:

With that back on the shelf, and a football injury restricting me to my bed for most of today, I resumed Pandora's Tower on Wii at the beginning of the 10th tower. With little else to really do all day, I put a good few hours into it and cleared it this evening before dinner :yay:

I enjoyed it, for the most part, though I always found myself being drawn away from it. I think that may stem from the structure where it's easy to get stuck into one of the towers and then leave it for a few weeks or months before tackling the next :indeed:

It all sets me up nicely for starting Majora's Mask on 3DS tomorrow, having got it for my birthday last week, but I'd maybe just like to unwind with some Mario Kart or Mario Smash Football for the rest of the night :grin:

I've continued my Kirby binge and started playing through Kirby's Adventure Wii ( Wii U ) over the weekend. I'm about three quarters of the way through and absolutely adoring it.

This was my favourite Kirby game but Triple Deluxe stole the title from it. Playing through it again has shown me just how a close a call that is, as the game really is outstanding.

I have noticed that there is a tiny bit of slowdown at times. I honestly can't remember this happening on the Wii version, so I'm wondering if this is a Wii U digital issue or just simply that I don't remember it happening on the other version.

I've continued my Kirby binge and started playing through Kirby's Adventure Wii ( Wii U ) over the weekend. I'm about three quarters of the way through and absolutely adoring it.

This was my favourite Kirby game but Triple Deluxe stole the title from it. Playing through it again has shown me just how a close a call that is, as the game really is outstanding.

I have noticed that there is a tiny bit of slowdown at times. I honestly can't remember this happening on the Wii version, so I'm wondering if this is a Wii U digital issue or just simply that I don't remember it happening on the other version.

If you're playing off a HDD... this game seems to be a weird case where it suffers from some nasty stuttering that happens seemingly randomly...

Putting it onto the internal memory solved it for me. This is the only game in my entire library that has ever had any trouble running from USB HDD for some strange reason (must be something to do with how it loads levels as you play).

But yeah, sticking it onto the internal storage should fix the problem.

Oh and this is my favourite Kirby game for sure! It's a masterpiece! :D (as nice as Triple Deluxe is, it's still not up there with this one - though it does have it beat in the boss fight department; they're not bad in KRTD/KAWii, not the best in the series, but they really are just spectacular in Triple Deluxe! - Otherwise, KRTD is definitely the better of the two for reasons that I've gone over before ;))

Edited by Dcubed

Have you two played Squeak Squad or The Amazing Mirror? I haven't played either for a very long time(no access to them anymore either) but I recall really enjoying both for their variety of abilities. I've yet to finish of Kirby's Adventure Wii, but I was rather enjoying it(I did feel a lot like Triple Deluxe was that but on 3DS, with some small changes).

Have you two played Squeak Squad or The Amazing Mirror? I haven't played either for a very long time(no access to them anymore either) but I recall really enjoying both for their variety of abilities. I've yet to finish of Kirby's Adventure Wii, but I was rather enjoying it(I did feel a lot like Triple Deluxe was that but on 3DS, with some small changes).

I know the question wasn't aimed at me, but Amazing Mirror is my favourite Kirby game. The sheer amount of freedom and the great copy abilities (Smash, anyone?) all make it very enjoyable.

Also, if you can get the setup, multiplayer is a blast! Just going off to do your own thing and then purposely ignoring their phone calls when they need help is always a great laugh!

I played Squeak Squad a while back but can't remember it.

I played through Amazing Mirror the other week. I didn't really care for it at the start, as I didn't really care for the open world set up of the game. It did grow on me as I played through it but I much prefer the traditional Kirby games.

How do you guys feel about Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards? I'm finding myself tempted to return to it to collect all the shards that I missed first time around, which I'm sure is plenty :heh:

It's the only 'traditional' Kirby game I've really played and that was on the Wii VC a few years ago. I don't remember it particularly well, though, and reckon recent experiences with Epic Yarn and Power Paintbrush mean I'm also likely to get more from the Crystal Shards than I did first time around :smile: