NEurope
nekunando

Your 2015 Gaming Diary

I remember finding some of the puzzles in Starfox Adventures to be more clever than what Zelda has to offer.

I'm only 30% of the way through but most of them so far have been just looking around for a switch to either shoot or one to pull.

I remember finding some of the puzzles in Starfox Adventures to be more clever than what Zelda has to offer.

You definitely need to play it again, too :heh:

As I just mentioned in the thread for the game, I finished Splatoon this morning :smile:

PS_WiiU_Splatoon_enGB.jpg

Absolutely loved it :love:

I have my weekend gaming all planned out and hopefully it will result in 3 or more games being finished.

Yoshi's Woolly World: Reached world 3 last night. There's only 6 worlds so it shouldn't be an issue getting this done.

Donkey Kong Country Returns: I'm on world 7 now. I've been playing it on and off over the past week. I went back and cleared up the K stages from the previous worlds, before moving on to world 6 and beyond.

There's only a few worlds left, so I should be good for that.

Kirby 64: I'll be downloading this tonight. I recall it being pretty short, even when going for 100%. The save anywhere feature will come in handy for nabbing the cards at the end of the stages. :D

Starfox Adventures: Currently sitting on 30% completion. I'm determined to get it done, just so I can create more space by packing my Cube up again.

BONUS: Final Fantasy X: I've already finished this but i'm been continuing my playthrough to try and nab the platinum trophy.

Yup. I'll be happy with polishing off 3 of those over the weekend. The challenge has been set.

So, as of late, I've been raging at a couple of tough games I'm close to beating (Mr.Driller 2 and Spelunky), while occasionally playing an RPG, Septerra Core. I was yearning for a simpler game I could pick up, play, and relax. Today, Steam, as if answering my prayers, suddenly made available 4 short indie games for 1,49€ total (!), and I decided to give them a go right away. I started with the Brazilian-made game:

Out There Somewhere

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

header.jpg?t=1430568012

Not as edgy as it looks: there's a HUEHUE mode

So, it's a neat little puzzle platformer. You have a gun that teleports you into places, and you solve puzzles based on that. There's pixelated art and chiptune soundtrack, so you know what to expect from the presentation. Other than that, there's also a Portuguese (BR) option, which I really appreciate.

It's a couple of hours long, but pretty decent replay value. In fact, it has some pretty original achievements, many of them expecting you to play through the entire game in a sitting. Which I think I will be doing, before moving onto the next game.

Played/Beat/Completed:

-Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb (Last played: 11th January)

-Hitman Contracts (2nd February)

-Sonic CD (19th February)

-Puzzle Agent (17th February)

-Teslagrad (8th March)

-Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut (14th March)

-The Whispered World (11th April)

-Rogue Legacy (6th May)

-Kirby's Dream Course (4th June)

-Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (7th June)

Currently Playing:

-Septerra Core

-Spelunky

-Mr.Driller 2

-Out There Somewhere

On Hold/Hiatus:

-Dragon Quest III

Dropped:

-Enemy Mind (25th March)

Starfox Adventures progress has reached 55%. If I can keep knocking off 10% every day then it could be back on the shelf by the middle of next week :heh:

It's kinda tough going at the moment and I'm not sure I have the patience for it at times :hmm:

Going through my own written log here's what I've played so far:

あつめて!カービィ (Kirby: Mass Attack)

Played this one in Japanese and quite enjoyed it. I can see why some would feel that Pikmin or perhaps a new franchise would've been better suited for this type of gameplay.

Paper Mario & The Thousand Year Door

A lady friend of mine is playing this and I'm a passionate spectator who is granted nostalgic highs through watching her play.

This game, along with the Windwaker, was one of my first GameCube games I bought with my own money and played to death, therefore I have soooo many good memories of it. It's really nice to see someone experience it for the first time.

(We can almost do the classic Luigi sidequest)

Anyways, this is a work in progress and a week ago we completed Chapter 6 so we're approaching the end.

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Completed this in March I think on hard straight out of the gate.

Very difficult in the beginning, much easier later with my own destructive duos.

Loved the artstyle and music.

Muramasa: The Demon Blade

After having cleared Kisuke's path year ago, I still have Momohime's path to clear.

This is also a work in progress and I believe I have landed somewhere in hell.

This game makes me sad I don't own a Vita so I can download all the extra storyline DLC.

Such a great exclusive for the Wii this was.

メイド・イン・ワリオ:さわる(Wario Ware Touched)

Play this from time to time in short bursts to brush up on my Japanese verbs :3

KORG-DSN12

I finally downloaded this a month or two ago and have experimented with music creation :)

I'm fairly pleased with this purchase, and I hope to return to it every now and then to further my song: 'The Deep'

New Super Mario Bros U

At long last I finished this with a friend a few days ago, and by finish I mean I achieved 4 stars next to my save file.

I suppose the 5th star will have something to do with Nabbit?

Trying to find all the star coins together was a real bast and it reinvigorated my love for 2D Mario games.

Now we go onwards to New Super Luigi U!

Shantae and The Pirate's Curse

shantae_and_the_pirate_s_curse_by_theorderofnightmare-d8f0g2x.jpg

:awesome:

I have my weekend gaming all planned out and hopefully it will result in 3 or more games being finished.

Yoshi's Woolly World: Reached world 3 last night. There's only 6 worlds so it shouldn't be an issue getting this done.

Donkey Kong Country Returns: I'm on world 7 now. I've been playing it on and off over the past week. I went back and cleared up the K stages from the previous worlds, before moving on to world 6 and beyond.

Kirby 64: I'll be downloading this tonight. I recall it being pretty short, even when going for 100%. The save anywhere feature will come in handy for nabbing the cards at the end of the stages. :D

Starfox Adventures: Currently sitting on 30% completion. I'm determined to get it done, just so I can create more space by packing my Cube up again.

BONUS: Final Fantasy X: I've already finished this but i'm been continuing my playthrough to try and nab the platinum trophy.

Yup. I'll be happy with polishing off 3 of those over the weekend. The challenge has been set.

Downloaded and started Kirby straight after work today.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Just the start I was looking for when tackling this list this weekend. One down....

Finished Hotline Miami today. Such a weird game, but very enjoyable! It's basically like a weird puzzler/shooting/action game hybrid haha. And even though I should feel bad about it, killing all those mobsters was very satisfying, especially when using the samurai sword.

The story in this is really strange and I didn't really know what was going on half of the time, but then I guess you wouldn't play this game for its story. :P

Might try the second game at some point, though I've heard people mention that it relies more on guns, which I don't like, prefer using the melee weapons.

Bayonetta

Hyrule Warriors

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U

Valiant Hearts

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Velocity 2X

Rogue Legacy

Cities:Skylines

Bayonetta 2

Never Alone

Fez

Guacamelee

The Unfinished Swan

Super Exploding Zoo

Infamous: Second Son

Infamous: First Light

Hotline Miami

Downloaded and started Kirby straight after work today.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Just the start I was looking for when tackling this list this weekend. One down....

An excellent summation of the game imo actually - succinct but effective!

@Fused King - how long was Muramasa? I bought it for my Wii towards the end of its life, it's still sealed up somewhere.

@Fused King - how long was Muramasa? I bought it for my Wii towards the end of its life, it's still sealed up somewhere.

Same as it happens, I've been wondering whether to play it or just keep it as a collectors item. :heh:

I have Muramasa Rebirth on my PSV though so I'll probably just keep it sealed for now.

An excellent summation of the game imo actually - succinct but effective!

Muramasa is lovely. From what I remember, there's two paths, as you can play as two characters that start at either end of the map. I think I only completed it with one character.

Game is great. I can't remember it's length in terms of hours, but it wasn't very short at all. Think you could get 8 or more hours out of it? Just play it and enjoy it.

I think I played both storylines on Muramasa and I really enjoyed the game. It is not massively long (so won't keep you dragged in for too long), but long enough to feel like it is worth it. :P

I think it is about 10 hours for each character, but you can take longer or do it quicker of course. If you want to collect everything it will take you longer, but that depends on whether or not you are a completionist or not.

Definitely play the game, it is worth it!

I totally need to get back to the second storyline in Muramasa: The Demon Blade :hehe: Perhaps I'll tuck into it after Starfox Adventures, which reached 71% this morning :smile:

There's genuinely too many games to play.. and I'm a Wii U owner :grin:

Game number 2 complete.

image_zps5e01jbto.jpg

While enjoyable, it's still not a patch on the sequel.

For me, the soundtrack is REALLY lacking in this game. You have very uninspired boss fights and to top it off, you have awful motion controls tacked on. Doing a roll should never be achieved by having to waggle the controller.

Really got back into Smash Bros. recently, so I should add it to the diary! :)

Also playing through Batman: Arkham Knight and Yoshi's Woolly World at the mo too, it's a great combination. When I get too freaked out by Batman, back to Yoshi. :hehe: And when the cuteness of Yoshi is overwhelming, back to Batman. :grin:

Beat:

in January:____________

Resogun (PS4) IDbttgi.gif100%

Shovel Knight (Wii U)

Alien: Isolation (PS4)

Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS) started in 2014

LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)

Duck Tales: Remastered (PS3+)

Dark Souls II (PS3) started in 2014

The Swapper (PS4+)

in February:____________

InFAMOUS First Light (PS4+)

Apotheon (PS4+)

Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) started in 2014

Yakuza 4 (PS3+)

in March:____________

Rogue Legacy (PS4+)

OlliOlli 2 (PS4+)

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS)

3D Out Run (3DS) 100%

Papo & Yo (PS3+)

Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4+)

Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise (Wii) replay

Mighty Switch Force! 2 (3DS)

in April:____________

BOXBOY! (3DS)

Catherine (PS3)

New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U) started in 2014

Woah Dave! (PS4+)

Driveclub (PS4) IDbttgi.gif100%

Never Alone (PS4+) 100%

Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) replay/DLC pack 2 100%

in May:____________

Race the Sun (PS4+)

Hohokum (PS4+)

The Unfinished Swan (PS4+)

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4+) IDbttgi.gifreplay/100%

Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush (Wii U)

Splatoon (Wii U)

in June:____________

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4+)

MHbUwnT.gifSuper Smash Bros. for Wii U replay/DLC

Unfinished:

MHbUwnT.gifBatman: Arkham Knight (PS4)

MHbUwnT.gifYoshi's Woolly World (Wii U)

Game number 3 ( Yoshi's Woolly World ) complete.

I've still got some post game stuff to do and also nab a couple of collectables from 2 stages in world 6 but the credits have now rolled.

Good Feel have done it again! They've created an amazing trilogy of platformers in Epic Yarn, Wario Land: Shake Dimension and now Woolly World.

Game number 3 ( Yoshi's Woolly World ) complete.

I've still got some post game stuff to do and also nab a couple of collectables from 2 stages in world 6 but the credits have now rolled.

Good Feel have done it again! They've created an amazing trilogy of platformers in Epic Yarn, Wario Land: Shake Dimension and now Woolly World.

Did you end up loving yoshi then ? You won't blown away at first was you.

Did you end up loving yoshi then ? You won't blown away at first was you.

Yeah, it won me over eventually. I just found the first couple of worlds really boring and some of the stages in world 2 were stupidly long.

I was posting my progress in the Gaf thread ( more active/more people playing it than on here ) and you can see that the game had it's hooks in me as I was blasting through the later worlds. It also helped that I had set myself of finishing 3 games over the weekend, so I had to push the boat out. :D

You completed it before I have even started it, (thanks to gamecollection and fat parcels).

:bowdown:

Yeah, it won me over eventually. I just found the first couple of worlds really boring and some of the stages in world 2 were stupidly long.

I was posting my progress in the Gaf thread ( more active/more people playing it than on here ) and you can see that the game had it's hooks in me as I was blasting through the later worlds. It also helped that I had set myself of finishing 3 games over the weekend, so I had to push the boat out. :D

You certainly didn't push the boat out with Starfox Adventures :heh:

I resumed my save file last night and took it up to 94% :smile: I should finish it this evening and it's likely to be the last game I clear in the first half of 2015.

There are way too many games jumping out at me to play next, in addition to carrying on with Yoshi's Woolly World and Kirby and the Power Paintbrush, leaving me unsure as to what to go with!

Ok, so I managed to complete the Out There Somewhere achievements, and then I finally beat Spelunky:

Spelunky

(Remake)

ss_8fb56a4fb17d6c777c12952d6642652b063b5528.600x338.jpg?t=1397110636

There are bombs, ropes and a few other things to help a man spelunk

Roguelike platformer. The main goal is to reach the end of the game, grabbing as much treasure as you can (your high score). That's pretty much the gist of it :heh:

It's hard as balls, though. I don't mind a game being difficult, but damn, so many ways to get insta-killed, it's really easy to die via no fault of your own (often, due to shopkeepers going crazy out of nowhere, but there was that one time when an enemy teleported on top of me out of nowhere, killing me instantly).

For some reason, I tend to do better on my first run of the day, so, even though the game can be addictive, I recommend playing it in very short bursts for the best result :heh: It's still fun, and I'm tempted to go check the areas I haven't seen yet before shelving the game.

Played/Beat/Completed:

-Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb (Last played: 11th January)

-Hitman Contracts (2nd February)

-Sonic CD (19th February)

-Puzzle Agent (17th February)

-Teslagrad (8th March)

-Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut (14th March)

-The Whispered World (11th April)

-Rogue Legacy (6th May)

-Kirby's Dream Course (4th June)

-Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (7th June)

-Out There Somewhere (26th June)

-Spelunky (29th June)

Currently Playing:

-Septerra Core

-Mr.Driller 2

On Hold/Hiatus:

-Dragon Quest III

Dropped:

-Enemy Mind (25th March)

Edited by Jonnas

I resumed my save file last night and took it up to 94% :smile: I should finish it this evening and it's likely to be the last game I clear in the first half of 2015.

Did you manage to finish it off last night?

Did you manage to finish it off last night?

I did indeed :grin: It only took about half an hour to finish the game off from where I was but it actually felt a little like that section of the adventure was rushed for release.

The last two Krazoa Spirits were retrieved within minutes of each other and you don't even get to have any sort of battle with General Scales, something which irked me a little the first time I completed the game over a decade ago :hmm: Even the final battle with Andross isn't particularly difficult, or interesting, but it's all done now and part of me was glad that I got the chance to re-evaluate my thoughts on Starfox Adventures :smile:

It's definitely not a terrible game, despite some extremely poor combat, back-tracking and flying stages, but it's also not the excellent game I felt it was all those years ago. If I'd had to give it a rating previously, I'd have probably said it was a very good 8/10 game. Having played it again, I perhaps consider 6/10 to be more accurate :heh:

Anyway, since we've now reached the halfway point of 2015, it may be good to review my gaming experiences for the last 6 months, listed as follows:

Star Wars: Rogue Leader (GC)

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (GC)

Viewtiful Joe (GC)

The Last of Us: Left Behind (PS3)

ICO (PS2)

Yoshi's New Island (3DS)

Dino Crisis (PS1)

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D (3DS)

Okami (Wii)

Super Mario World (Wii VC) Replay

Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)

Super Smash Bros (N64)

Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)

Kirby: Power Paintbrush (DS)

Pandora's Tower (Wii)

Starfox Assault (GC) Replay

P.N.03 (GC)

Splatoon (Wii U)

Starfox Adventures (GC) Replay

Looking through the list, I've managed to clear up quite a few games that I hadn't finished before and also revisited a few that I just wanted to play again :grin:

It's been a excellent year, and the list doesn't take into account things like Mario Kart 8, which is still being played weekly thanks to the league and DLC, and also the unlocking of all available characters in Super Smash Bros Melee, Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Super Smash Bros for Wii U.. at least the ones you don't have to purchase, anyway :indeed: If it wasn't for all the event challenges, amongst other things, I'd probably consider those to be all but cleared too!

Interestingly, the Gamecube seems to be the console that has got the most attention so far this year and it may yet see another couple of completions before the year is out. The next few weeks will probably revolve around making progress in Yoshi's Woolly World, Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D along with some online fun with Splatoon and Mario Kart 8 :hehe:

My gaming has mostly taken place across a variety of Nintendo consoles but there are a few PS3 games I wouldn't mind taking care of in the near future. Hopefully the second half of the year will be as fun as the first :yay:

Good to hear you finished it. I need to get back to it but i'm REALLY lacking the desire to do so.

Anyway, since we've now reached the halfway point of 2015, it may be good to review my gaming experiences for the last 6 months

Good idea!

1. Valiant Hearts (PS4)

2. Donkey Kong 94 (3DS VC)

3. Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (3DS VC)

4. Donkey Kong Land (3DS VC)

5. Links Awakening (3DS VC)

6. Oracle of Seasons (3DS VC)

7. Oracle of Ages (3DS VC)

8. Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)

9. Final Fantasy VIII (PS Vita)

10. Luigi’s Mansion 2 (3DS)

11. The Order (PS4)

12. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS)

13. Child of Light (PS Vita)

14. Final Fantasy Type 0 (PS4)

15. Far Cry 4 (PS4)

16. Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars (Wii U)

17. Mighty Switch Force HD (Wii U)

18. Mighty Switch Force 2 (Wii U)

19. Mario 64 (Wii U VC)

20. Donkey Kong 64 (Wii U VC)

21. Lego Batman 3 (PS4)

22. Kuru Kuru Kurin (Wii U VC)

23. Monster Bag (PS Vita)

24. Never Alone (PS4)

25. Kirby’s Epic Yarn (Wii)

26. Metal Gear Solid (PS Vita)

27. Jak II (PS3)

28. Kirby’s Nightmare in Dreamland (Wii U VC)

29. Megaman Battle Network (Wii U VC)

30. Kirby & The Amazing Mirror (Wii U VC)

31. Zelda: Majora’s Mask (3DS)

32. Kirby’s Pinball Land (3DS VC)

33. Kirby & The Rainbow Paintbrush (Wii U)

34. The Unfinished Swan (PS4)

35. Murasaki Baby (Vita)

36. Sin & Punishment 2 (Wii)

37. Lara Croft & The Temple of Osiris (PS4)

38. Kirby Super Star (Wii U VC)

39. Kirby’s Adventure Wii (Wii)

40. Splatoon (Wii U)

41. Metroid: Other M (Wii)

42. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)

43. Final Fantasy X HD (PS4/Vita)

44. Kirby 64 (Wii U VC)

45. Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)

46. Yoshi’s Woolly World (Wii U)

Not a bad going, if I do say so myself. I think there's about 15 games on there that I replayed ( some of them could probably be put into the replay bracket, such as FF X HD and Majora's Mask ) while the rest of them are all first time plays.

The thread has been a tremendous help in me getting through my games and be more focused. I wonder if I can clear 100 before the year is out....