NEurope
Retro_Link

Bayonetta 2

So... how many people are gonna end up jumping into Bayo 1 and 2 now, after today's announcement ;)

I'm probably gonna end up playing 2 again. Beautiful game!

And sucks to be you guys who find her annoying, I welcome more British accents in Smash!

Very surprised at the overall negativity in this thread. I've finished both games, the second one just last week and I was hugely impressed by both. The gameplay and indeed the story were excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The second game is on the short side, I defeated the final boss after about 12 hours, but the gameplay is so good I'm more than willing to go for all the pure platinum trophies.

To anyone who hasn't played them yet, I'd definitely recommend playing through the original before the sequel. Firstly for the continuation of the story, and secondly because it makes the more tricky second game a lot easier. I finished almost every chapter with at least a silver or gold trophy on the first run through. Of course the controls and gameplay take some getting used to, but once mastered you will struggle to find a more satisfying experience on the WiiU.

The inclusion of Bayonetta in Smash is a masterstroke and I for one cannot wait.

If anything, I now want to play them even less, if that's possible :heh: I find her character strangely irritating, but I'm sure her inclusion in Super Smash Bros will give sales of the games a boost!

So.. 10 days after making this post I now actually own Bayonetta 2 :red:

I traded in Donkey Kong: Jet Race towards it yesterday as I saw no value in keeping a relatively poor game that I'd only played a couple of times. I thought I might be one of the few to appreciate the game but it just never happened. Hopefully Bayonetta 2 will win me over :grin:

I've now played roughly 3 hours of this between yesterday and today so it's probably about time I posted some early impressions!

The first thing I want to say is that I am feeling that desire to get back to it at the next available opportunity. However, this is in spite of the fact that I currently find the story to be complete bollocks and every single character hugely irritating, not least Bayonetta herself. There's also a lot of swearing which feels extremely forced and not at all necessary or 'cool' :nono:

The combat so far largely feels like a combination of button-mashing mixed with a few well-timed dodges. Dodging can certainly be tricky at times as it's not always easy to read exactly when an enemy will strike but there have been a few occasions during the massive boss fights where I've felt satisfaction from executing successive evasions before laying the smack well and truly down :heh:

While the battles may appear to be the saving grace at the moment, the locations you wander around in between these fights lack soul and, from my perspective, are not particularly well structured.

I'll definitely be carrying on with it and suspect it may be the first game I finish at the start of 2016 but it's difficult for me to see how it received such outrageously high scores at this early stage. Hopefully it will continue to improve and I will end up appreciating it a lot more but there's no way this is anything like a 9/10 ::shrug:

Edited by nekunando

I've now played roughly 3 hours of this between yesterday and today so it's probably about time I posted some early impressions!

The first thing I want to say is that I am feeling that desire to get back to it at the next available opportunity. However, this is in spite of the fact that I currently find the story to be complete bollocks and every single character hugely irritating, not least Bayonetta herself. There's also a lot of swearing which feels extremely forced and not at all necessary or 'cool' :nono:

The combat so far largely feels like a combination of button-mashing mixed with a few well-timed dodges. Dodging can certainly be tricky at times as it's not always easy to read exactly when an enemy will strike but there have been a few occasions during the massive boss fights where I've felt satisfaction from executing successive evasions before laying the smack well and truly down :heh:

While the battles may appear to be the saving grace at the moment, the locations you wander around in between these fights lack soul and, from my perspective, are not particularly well structured.

I'll definitely be carrying on with it and suspect it may be the first game I finish at the start of 2016 but it's difficult for me to see how it received such outrageously high scores at this early stage. Hopefully it will continue to improve and I will end up appreciating it a lot more but there's no way this is anything like a 9/10 ::shrug:

After the first cutscene in Bayonetta 1, I made a decision to skip EVERY cutscene in both games. Made them much better - absolutely incredible games, especially once you get a better understanding of the combo system and chase those Platinum ranks :heart:

So... yeah. As announced in the Gaming Diary thread, I will finally be starting Bayonetta 2 on January 8th! (The day that my AV Receiver comes back and gets set up again; no way am I playing Bayo 2 without proper 5.1 sound!)

At long last! Can't wait! :D

Oh, BTW. Seeing Glen-i replaying Bayo 1 reminded me of this Miiverse post I made way back when...

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Yeah, I called it :awesome:

So... yeah. As announced in the Gaming Diary thread, I will finally be starting Bayonetta 2 on January 8th!

I'm wondering how far I'll be through it by then :grin:

I've played it for just over 6 hours but I'm starting to die a few times :red: I even found my first muspelheim challenge that I couldn't beat.. so I left it :blank:

I'm probably not that great at the combat but I'm definitely not going to lower the difficult just to 'enjoy the story' :heh:

Never mind... It's not happening :(

My Receiver is back and I've set it all up... AND NOW I HAVE TO FUCKING SEND IT BACK AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Now two of the HDMI ports are fucking broken! First the audio output to the speakers stops working (now fixed) and now THIS happens!

Fuck me, this is more bullshit than two sets of Grace and Glory at once! :mad:

I've played it for just over 6 hours but I'm starting to die a few times :red: I even found my first muspelheim challenge that I couldn't beat.. so I left it :blank:

Yeah, these are best tackled on a repeat playthrough, once you have more weapons and a better understanding of how combat flows.

Finally! The time has come!

Everything is fixed and it is now time to finally begin Bayonetta 2!

At long last! :D Wish me luck!

Finally! The time has come!

Everything is fixed and it is now time to finally begin Bayonetta 2!

At long last! :D Wish me luck!

You're gonna need it :heh:

Given your love of Metal Gear Rising, I'm sure you'll get a lot more out of this than I did.. Little One :blank: