NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Meik

Revenge of the Great NE Quiz!

Well thats just being petty and holding grudges from different topics that should never be crossed!

Besides Bauer still won, which I knew all along, I uh.... just wanted to add some suspense to the proceedings! :indeed::heh:

I'm kidding, in all seriousness I think it's better everyone just follow the rule starting now, otherwise people who got one wrong/knew another answer in the previous rounds would just moan that you got an extra point when they didn't have the opportunity to answer again. Quiz leaderboards on internet forums are serious business.

Fair enough, although I do have proof that I got it right!

I'll let it slide... for now...

Am I too late in applying to be a quizmaster?

I am! Oh, bugger!

Nope, i'll put you down for a round.

Also 24 hours have passed since Noodleman posted his questions, so they are now open to anyone who has already got one. I know Dan is just dying to answer number 3.

Woo finally. I thought that The Wickerman one be one of the easiest I mean how often do you see Christopher Lee prancing around in a dress and a wig but oh well.

I believe Viper is up next

Current leaderboard:

Ninja Mullet - 5

Twilight_Link - 5

Noodleman - 4

dabookerman - 4

Shino - 3

Rokhed00 - 3

Moria - 3

Dan Dare - 3

gmac - 3

ViPeR - 2

Caris - 2

weeyellowbloke - 2

Meik - 2

EchoDesiato - 2

Cubechris - 2

Conzer16 - 2

Jordan - 1

CVD - 1

Ashley - 1

Monopolyman - 1

Katie - 1

Zell - 1

Platty - 1

EEVILMURRAY - 1

Fierce_Link - 1

The3rdChildren - 1

Viper, step up to the plate.

would anyone mind if I took the next round? I'm only going to be online for another two days and I have questions prepared :)

would anyone mind if I took the next round? I'm only going to be online for another two days and I have questions prepared :)

I'll go after Dan Dare if that's the case.

Oh..this looks fun...

Good thing there haven't been that many rounds, I could be in with a chance of a late start-victory (even though there is no end point...)

Game on.

Right here be questions. Hope they're not too hard, but also a challenge :)

1. In which famous American novel does the main character attempt to ‘Live forever or die in the attempt’?

Conzer strikes back and gets himself a point.

2. What are the names of the two men behind the original X-Men comic strip?

Meik wins a no-prize, and a point.

3. In Francis Ford Copella’s Apocalypse Now, what is the former profession of Willard’s crewmate, Lance? Twilight_Link gets it right. Lance was indeed a pro surfer.

4. Which pop duo sang the song She’s Gone?

Ninja Mullet scores not only a point but also mad props for the hall and oats love.

5. Name this game.

mysterygame.png

Aimless stuns the crowd with his knowledge of fucking impossible SNES games.

6. In Charlotte Bronté’s Wuthering Heights, what is the name of the novels anti-hero? The Fish scores. buddahs name be praised.

7. What caused the decade’s long delay in the release of Brain Wilson’s Pet Sounds follow up, Smile? Gmac awes onlookers with his Beach boys skillz and scores a point.

8. Put a name to this quote: outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. Platty is a marxist, clearly.

9. Name this movie.

guess.jpg

Noodleman shoots! Noodleman scoorrreess

10. In the cartoon series Ren & Stimpy, several episodes take place in the far future. In which year are these episodes set?Viper goes for the amzing year 400 billion.

4. 3rd september 1939

Someone has probably all ready said this, but I spotted this answer on the 1st page-it is, arguably, wrong.

3/9/1939 is when it started for BRITAIN.

Fighting began when Germany invaded Poland, on the 1ST!

But nvm, I'm just being pedantic...

Sign in to follow this