NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo

Anybody who has the USB Dongle: An easy question I have (not error code related)

What is the shortcut to "Start" the Connection? I only have icons to "run", which basically means open the registration window. I need to start it, like you would do when the blue icon is grey. But if I don't have the grey one, where would I go to open it?

At the moment, I need to reinstall the software and reconfigure my network everytime I reboot or remove the dongle, which is getting tiresome.

Mods: If this should be in the Online Gaming section, feel free to move it - I wasn't sure which was the best place to put it.

As I type there is no grey symbol, the process is running in the background (NintendoWFCReg.exe). When I plug the dongle in, it starts it up on its own.

Perhaps if I remove it while I reboot and then plug it in once its ready? I'll give it a try next time. Cheers.

Edit: Nope, doesnt run at all when I plug it in. If it matters, I'm using the 1.01 version of the firmware - would an update help?

Meik and myself had the problem where the dongle doesn't work after you restart or unplug it.

Try this. You can connect other wireless devices to the Internet through it after applying this hack. I'm able to use the USB dongle to get online with my wireless laptop and stuff.

Most importantly, it doesn't fuck up if it's unplugged or you restart.

Meik and myself had the problem where the dongle doesn't work after you restart or unplug it.

Try this. You can connect other wireless devices to the Internet through it after applying this hack. I'm able to use the USB dongle to get online with my wireless laptop and stuff.

Most importantly, it doesn't fuck up if it's unplugged or you restart.

Does that really work? That seems like a really cool thing. I dont wanna be messing up my dongle though.

(mm both links dont work)

Link works for me.

it looks really cool, but I have one reservation - would it work if I have a network bridge? Currently this computer shares the internet with another one (through a wired connection) and the Wii (via the dongle). Just to make sure before I go playing with that stuff.

Yes, it works. My internet is shared with 2 other computers (wired) and an Xbox 360, all under one network bridge. Whenever you take out and plug in the dongle, it automatically creates the connection under that bridge. And it doesn't mess up the dongle, as all of the modification is purely software based. You can uninstall the application and reinstall the Nintendo one if you want to.

Sweet. Thanks alot guys. I'm trying it now.

Edit: Wait, does this work with Wii? It says to enter the gateway, but I can't find that on Wii. I successfully did it with my DS, however. Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Also, my other computer is now no longer connecting to the internet. Any ideas why?

Edit 2: I DID IT! After about 2 hours of playing around, I have both my PC's, my Wii and my DS all connecting to the internet. Cookies for everyone!

And now it doesnt work -.-

Error 51331 on the Wii, 51300 on the DS.

From what I've researched this means the router is incompatible.

*confused*

And now it doesnt work -.-

Error 51331 on the Wii, 51300 on the DS.

From what I've researched this means the router is incompatible.

*confused*

Quick! We need to change the thread title!

Hah, yeah, definately.

But I got it working now too...I just hope I don't have any more problems to make this "simple" question that's "not error code related" any more complicated >_>

Sign in to follow this