NEurope
Konfucius

UK Software Charts (Updated every Monday)

The force is stronger than it has ever been before with the debut of ‘Star Wars: The Force Unleashed’ at No1 in the All Formats Chart, the biggest launch week ever for a Star Wars game.

Released across all major formats (PS2, PS3, PSP, XB360, Wii and DS), the LucasArts title storms to No1 in every chart except Nintendo Wii and DS (where it reached No3 and No39 respectively). 48% of sales were on Xbox 360 and 30% on PS3, making it the 10th fastest selling title ever for each format. The Wii version accounted for 15% of sales with the remainder on PS2, PSP and DS. ‘Star Wars: The Force Unleashed’ may be the biggest all-formats launch since GTA IV, but Nintendo content themselves this week with success on their own titles as renewed stock of ‘Wii Fit’ and ‘Mario Kart Wii’ push them both up 3 places to No’s 2 and 3 respectively.

They are the only All Formats Top 10 titles to increase in sales, while sales of last week’s No1 from EA, ‘Mercenaries 2’, plummet by 65%, dropping to No6 in the All Formats Chart. EA however are the only other company to register any new releases in the Top 40 this week thanks to 2 new PC games: MMORPG and Warcraft competitor ‘Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning’ entering at No4 and ‘Crysis Warhead’ at No21. EA may have gone from having all Top 3 games to none in the Top 3, but they still have a strong Top 10 presence with ‘Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09’ down from No2 to No5 and ‘Spore’ falling from No3 to No10. Outside the Top 10, Activision-Blizzard are back on song with ‘Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock’ up from No27 to No12, helped by a retailer promotion on the Wii version, but ‘Guitar Hero: On Tour’ on DS falls out of the Top 10, down from No8 to No23.

TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE - INDIVIDUAL FORMATS (UNITS), WEEK ENDING 20 September 2008

01 (__) [360] Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Lucasarts)

02 (__) [PS3] Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Lucasarts)

03 (03) [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)

04 (04) [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

05 (__) [PC] Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning (Electronic Arts)

06 (__) [WII] Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Lucasarts)

07 (08) [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)

08 (01) [PC] Spore (Electronic Arts)

09 (10) [WII] Big Beach Sports (Thq)

10 (11) [WII] Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

11 (02) [360] Mercenaries 2: World In Flames (Electronic Arts)

12 (14) [NDS] Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)

13 (__) [WII] Guitar Hero Iii: Legends Of Rock (Activision Blizzard)

14 (19) [NDS] Mario Kart Ds (Nintendo)

15 (06) [WII] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 09 (Electronic Arts)

16 (__) [PC] Crysis Warhead (Electronic Arts)

17 (__) [PS2] Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Lucasarts)

18 (09) [PS3] Mercenaries 2: World In Flames (Electronic Arts)

19 (32) [360] Too Human (Microsoft)

20 (05) [WII] Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

21 (21) [360] Tna Impact! (Midway)

22 (07) [NDS] Guitar Hero: On Tour (Activision Blizzard)

23 (23) [WII] Sports Party (Ubisoft)

24 (39) [PS2] Tna Impact! (Midway)

25 (16) [360] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 09 (Electronic Arts)

26 (22) [NDS] Imagine: Teacher (Ubisoft)

27 (18) [PS3] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 09 (Electronic Arts)

28 (17) [NDS] Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

29 (28) [PS3] Tna Impact! (Midway)

30 (40) [NDS] Cooking Mama 2 (505 Games)

31 (12) [WII] Super Smash Bros: Brawl (Nintendo)

32 (29) [PC] The Sims 2: Apartment Life (Electronic Arts)

33 (24) [NDS] More Brain Training From Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)

34 (13) [NDS] Spore Creatures (Electronic Arts)

35 (15) [NDS] Wall-e (Thq)

36 (27) [NDS] Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

37 (__) [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)

38 (__) [PS3] Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision Blizzard)

39 (25) [WII] Off Road (Empire Interactive)

40 (37) [PS3] Grand Theft Auto Iv (Take 2)

29/Sep/2008

The top 3 games in the All Formats Chart remain the same for a second week as Lucasarts’ ‘Star Wars: The Force Unleashed’ holds on to No1 despite a 38% drop in sales.

Nintendo’s ‘Wii Fit’ at No2 is continuing to shape up nicely, registering its 3rd largest sales week ever with a 75% rise in sales, while ‘Mario Kart Wii’ is a non-mover at No3 (sales up 26%). Ubisoft’s ‘Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway’ enters the battlefield at No4, only 2,250 sales behind Nintendo (65% of sales on Xbox 360, 35% on PS3), while Disney Interactive Studios has this weeks only other All Formats Top 10 new entry with ‘Pure’ at No8. This week last year there were 4 All Formats Top 10 new entries, including ‘Halo 3’ at No1 and ‘FIFA 08’ at No2. EA only have one Top 10 game this week with ‘Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09’ down one place at No5, as ‘Mercenaries 2: World in Flames’ drops from No6 to No11, however ‘FIFA 09’ should kick start things for the big US publisher when it is launched next week. The ‘Wii Fit’ influenced game ‘Family Trainer’ from Namco-Bandai/Atari debuts at No20, proving that even with renewed stock of the Nintendo original, there is a market for similar fitness titles on Wii.

TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE - INDIVIDUAL FORMATS (UNITS), WEEK ENDING 27 September 2008

01 (03) [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)

02 (04) [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

03 (01) [360] Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Lucasarts)

04 (02) [PS3] Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Lucasarts)

05 (__) [360] Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway (Ubisoft)

06 (07) [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)

07 (06) [WII] Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Lucasarts)

08 (__) [PS3] Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway (Ubisoft)

09 (09) [WII] Big Beach Sports (Thq)

10 (10) [WII] Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

11 (__) [360] Pure (Disney Interactive Studios)

12 (05) [PC] Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning (Electronic Arts)

13 (08) [PC] Spore (Electronic Arts)

14 (17) [PS2] Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Lucasarts)

15 (12) [NDS] Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)

16 (13) [WII] Guitar Hero Iii: Legends Of Rock (Activision Blizzard)

17 (14) [NDS] Mario Kart Ds (Nintendo)

18 (15) [WII] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 09 (Electronic Arts)

19 (__) [WII] Family Trainer (Atari)

20 (__) [WII] Sports Island (Konami)

21 (25) [360] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 09 (Electronic Arts)

22 (11) [360] Mercenaries 2: World In Flames (Electronic Arts)

23 (16) [PC] Crysis Warhead (Electronic Arts)

24 (27) [PS3] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 09 (Electronic Arts)

25 (20) [WII] Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

26 (19) [360] Too Human (Microsoft)

27 (__) [360] Halo 3 (Microsoft)

28 (22) [NDS] Guitar Hero: On Tour (Activision Blizzard)

29 (26) [NDS] Imagine: Teacher (Ubisoft)

30 (31) [WII] Super Smash Bros: Brawl (Nintendo)

31 (__) [NDS] Puzzler Collection (Ubisoft)

32 (23) [WII] Sports Party (Ubisoft)

33 (28) [NDS] Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

34 (__) [PS3] Pure (Disney Interactive Studios)

35 (__) [NDS] Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (Sega)

36 (__) [PC] Civilization Iv: Colonization (Take 2)

37 (18) [PS3] Mercenaries 2: World In Flames (Electronic Arts)

38 (30) [NDS] Cooking Mama 2 (505 Games)

39 (34) [NDS] Spore Creatures (Electronic Arts)

40 (37) [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)

Ranking

Wii = 13

DS = 10

X360 = 7

PS3 = 5

PC = 4

PS2 = 1

TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE - INDIVIDUAL FORMATS (UNITS) - Week 40, 2008

Quote: It’s the biggest ever launch of a FIFA game with EA’s ‘FIFA 09’ outselling last year’s game by 37.5%, toppling ‘Star Wars: The Force Unleashed’ at No1 in the All Formats Chart and debuting at the top of the PS2, PS3, PSP and Xbox 360 charts.

42% of sales were on Xbox 360, making it the 3rd fastest selling game on Microsoft’s format (behind GTA IV and Halo 3), while 40% of sales were on PS3 where it is the 2nd fastest selling game (behind GTA IV). The PS2 version accounted for 11% of sales and PSP 3%, while Nintendo’s formats and PC made up the remainder. Half of EA’s 8 All Formats No1’s so far this year have come in the past six weeks. Sales of ‘Star Wars: The Force Unleashed’ are down 40%, falling one place to No2, while Ubisoft’s ‘Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway’ climbs one place to No3. Nintendo’s popular Wii games ‘Wii Fit’ and ‘Mario Kart Wii’ are both down 2 places to No’s 3 and 4 respectively. EA have 2 All Formats games in the Top 10 this week as ‘Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09’ is still swinging, down from No5 to No6.

The rest of the Top 10 is made up of 3 party game titles all on Nintendo’s formats – ‘Wii Play’ down from No6 to No7, ‘Big Beach Sports’ up one place to No8 and ‘Carnival: Funfair Games’ down from No7 to No10. In its second week, Disney’s racing game ‘Pure’ continues to teeter on the edge of the Top 10, down one place to No9. ‘FIFA 09’ may be the only new release to break into the All Formats Top 40 this week, but several games have good second week sales – Sega’s ‘Samba de Amigo’ breaks in at No18 along with ‘Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood’ at No31. There are also several retailer promotions on games such as ‘Super Mario Galaxy’, which re-enters at No21 and ‘Wall-E’ which climbs from No18 to No13.

01 (__) [360] FIFA 09 (Electronic Arts)

02 (__) [PS3] FIFA 09 (Electronic Arts)

03 (__) [PS2] FIFA 09 (Electronic Arts)

04 (01) [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)

05 (02) [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

06 (05) [360] Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway (Ubisoft)

07 (03) [360] Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Lucasarts)

08 (06) [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)

09 (08) [PS3] Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway (Ubisoft)

10 (09) [WII] Big Beach Sports (Thq)

11 (07) [WII] Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Lucasarts)

12 (__) [PSP] FIFA 09 (Electronic Arts)

13 (04) [PS3] Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Lucasarts)

14 (__) [WII] FIFA 09 (Electronic Arts)

15 (15) [NDS] Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)

16 (10) [WII] Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

17 (11) [360] Pure (Disney Interactive Studios)

18 (18) [WII] Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 (Electronic Arts)

19 (__) [WII] Samba De Amigo (Sega)

20 (21) [360] Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 (Electronic Arts)

21 (16) [WII] Guitar Hero III: Legends Of Rock (Activision Blizzard)

22 (19) [WII] Family Trainer (Atari)

23 (__) [WII] Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo)

24 (13) [PC] Spore (Electronic Arts)

25 (27) [360] Halo 3 (Microsoft)

26 (30) [WII] Super Smash Bros: Brawl (Nintendo)

27 (20) [WII] Sports Island (Konami)

28 (31) [NDS] Puzzler Collection (Ubisoft)

29 (14) [PS2] Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Lucasarts)

30 (25) [WII] Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

31 (24) [PS3] Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 (Electronic Arts)

32 (35) [NDS] Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (Sega)

33 (12) [PC] Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning (Electronic Arts)

34 (__) [NDS] Wall-E (THQ)

35 (__) [WII] Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (Ubisoft)

36 (__) [WII] Wario Land: The Shake Dimension (Nintendo)

37 (28) [NDS] Guitar Hero: On Tour (Activision Blizzard)

38 (__) [WII] De Blob (Thq)

39 (17) [NDS] Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)

40 (29) [NDS] Imagine: Teacher (Ubisoft)

2j3gspt.png

Ireland :

TOP 20 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES) - Week 40, 2008

01 (__) FIFA 09 (Electronic Arts)

02 (01) Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Lucasarts)

03 (03) Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway (Ubisoft)

04 (02) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 (Electronic Arts)

05 (04) Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

06 (06) Wii Play (Nintendo)

07 (05) Wii Fit (Nintendo)

08 (11) Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)

09 (17) Wall-E (THQ)

10 (__) Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo)

11 (14) The Simpsons Game (Electronic Arts)

12 (12) Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

13 (19) Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision Blizzard)

14 (__) Grand Theft Auto IV (Take 2)

15 (13) Ben 10: Protector Of Earth (D3p)

16 (08) Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (Lucasarts)

17 (20) Guitar Hero III: Legends Of Rock (Activision Blizzard)

18 (07) Mercenaries 2: World In Flames (Electronic Arts)

19 (__) New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)

20 (__) Super Smash Bros: Brawl (Nintendo)

See EA, you dont advertise and don't let magazines actually play it and it won't sell!!! Fifa did pretty well last year, why have they ignored it this year?

To be fair its only sold marginally lower numbers on Wii this year. Why would people buy it on Wii though? There's much better games on Wii compared to last year and there's still better versions of FIFA on other platforms. It doesn't surprise me at all that its performed much better on other platforms.

To be fair its only sold marginally lower numbers on Wii this year. Why would people buy it on Wii though? There's much better games on Wii compared to last year and there's still better versions of FIFA on other platforms. It doesn't surprise me at all that its performed much better on other platforms.

Well, the Fifa games on Wii are not by any means "bad games." 08 was pretty sweet, and whilst there are very scarce reviews of 09, from the couple of impressions on here, its pretty good, too.

Also, aren't you just assuming (ever so slightly) that the consumer owns more than one platform? If the consumer owns a Wii, and would like to play some footie, then surely buying the latest Fifa makes sense?

I bought 08 on Wii, and loved it. I've also played 09 on my housemate's 360, which is also pretty awesome. Consequently, we also played the last Pro Evo on another's PS2, which was a bit alright. But, I wouldn't have any hesitation picking up the next Fifa on my Wii again, especially after last year's effort.

Well, the Fifa games on Wii are not by any means "bad games." 08 was pretty sweet, and whilst there are very scarce reviews of 09, from the couple of impressions on here, its pretty good, too.

Also, aren't you just assuming (ever so slightly) that the consumer owns more than one platform? If the consumer owns a Wii, and would like to play some footie, then surely buying the latest Fifa makes sense?

I bought 08 on Wii, and loved it. I've also played 09 on my housemate's 360, which is also pretty awesome. Consequently, we also played the last Pro Evo on another's PS2, which was a bit alright. But, I wouldn't have any hesitation picking up the next Fifa on my Wii again, especially after last year's effort.

Oh I'm not saying they're bad at all, just that most people buying the game at launch will consider the HD versions to be superior.

The majority of people that own a Wii do own another platform, those that don't are generally the very casual gamers who are happy with Wii Sports and Wii Fit and then don't really buy many games after that. People buying a Fifa game on day 1 know something about gaming and in general will opt for one of the other versions over the Wii - as we've seen here. Maybe those who had a just a Cube last gen and now have just a Wii will have bought the Wii version, but thats a very low proportion of all people.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the Wii version, just that the vast majority of Fifa's fanbase will opt for one of the others.

Well I'm getting the Wii version and I have all three consoles so :P

Please be good, please be good......

Oh I'm not saying they're bad at all' date=' just that most people buying the game at launch will consider the HD versions to be superior.

The majority of people that own a Wii do own another platform, those that don't are generally the very casual gamers who are happy with Wii Sports and Wii Fit and then don't really buy many games after that. People buying a Fifa game on day 1 know something about gaming and in general will opt for one of the other versions over the Wii - as we've seen here. Maybe those who had a just a Cube last gen and now have just a Wii will have bought the Wii version, but thats a very low proportion of all people.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the Wii version, just that the vast majority of Fifa's fanbase will opt for one of the others.[/quote']

What this then?

336050ps.gif

...People buying a Fifa game on day 1 know something about gaming...

They know when the new Fifa is out due to all the advertising...? The same way they know when a new Need For Speed or whatever is out. I wouldn't call Fifa something for gaming connoisseurs.

@Dante: its the Fifa 09 Wii boxart. :wtf:

They know when the new Fifa is out due to all the advertising...? The same way they know when a new Need For Speed or whatever is out. I wouldn't call Fifa something for gaming connoisseurs.

@Dante: its the Fifa 09 Wii boxart. :wtf:

I mean why does EA have to put miis and try selling the game for the family market with Fifa 09 All-Play?

They know when the new Fifa is out due to being general gamers and fans of the series as much as, if not more than, the advertising. I've seen more adverts for Wario Land than I have Fifa but you don't quite see that one selling as many. Fifa is a 'gamers' game, it might not be for the hardcore connoisseurs but its still very much a part of the traditional gaming mix.

I mean why does EA have to put miis and try selling the game for the family market with Fifa 09 All-Play?

As a way of tapping into the largest demograph on the Wii? They know most cross platform owner will opt for the HD versions so need a way of generating sales on the uniquely positioned Wii.

‘FIFA 09’ secures a second week at No1 in the All Formats Chart with sales down 47%, but remaining in a league of its own at the top despite the appearance at No2 of ‘Lego Batman: The Videogame’ from Warner Bros.

‘Lego Batman’ is Warner’s biggest ever videogame launch, released across all 7 major formats with 22% of sales on Xbox 360, 22% on budget PS2, 20% on Wii, 17% on PS3, 12% on DS, 6% on PSP and 1% on PC. There are now 7 different publishers represented in the All Formats Top 10 with 4 titles selling best on Xbox 360, the remaining six top sellers on Wii. ‘Wii Fit’ steps up one place to No3, bouncing back after last week’s dip in stock, while ‘Star Wars: The Force Unleashed’ slips two places to No4. Ubisoft also drop two places as ‘Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway’ falls to No5, also unable to compete with newcomer ‘Lego Batman’ and Wii Fit’s 47% sales increase, despite the debut this week of a PC version at the top of the PC Full Price chart.

The strong Top 10 Wii contingent is bolstered by Namco-Bandai/Atari’s ‘Family Trainer’ which breaks into the Top 10 at No9, while Top 10 regulars ‘Mario Kart Wii’ and ‘Wii Play’ remain strong at No’s 6 and 7 respectively. The All Formats Top 10 is rounded off with ‘Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09’ down 2 places to No8 and ‘Big Beach Sports’ down from No8 to No10.

1 1 FIFA 09 XB360 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS

2 2 FIFA 09 PS3 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS

4 3 WII FIT WII NINTENDO NINTENDO

3 4 FIFA 09 PS2 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS

5 5 MARIO KART WII WII NINTENDO NINTENDO

8 6 WII PLAY WII NINTENDO NINTENDO

- 7 LEGO BATMAN: THE VIDEOGAME XB360 WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE

- 8 LEGO BATMAN: THE VIDEOGAME PS2 WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE

22 9 FAMILY TRAINER WII NAMCO BANDAI GAMES ATARI

- 10 LEGO BATMAN: THE VIDEOGAME WII WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE

12 11 FIFA 09 PSP EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS

10 12 BIG BEACH SPORTS WII PLAY THQ THQ

- 13 LEGO BATMAN: THE VIDEOGAME PS3 WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE

6 14 BROTHERS IN ARMS: HELL'S HIGHWAY XB360 UBISOFT UBISOFT

14 15 FIFA 09 WII EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS

7 16 STAR WARS: THE FORCE UNLEASHED XB360 LUCASARTS LUCASARTS

9 17 BROTHERS IN ARMS: HELL'S HIGHWAY PS3 UBISOFT UBISOFT

16 18 CARNIVAL: FUNFAIR GAMES WII 2KPLAY TAKE 2

- 19 LEGO BATMAN: THE VIDEOGAME DS WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE

15 20 DR KAWASHIMA'S BRAIN TRAINING DS NINTENDO NINTENDO

11 21 STAR WARS: THE FORCE UNLEASHED WII LUCASARTS LUCASARTS

13 22 STAR WARS: THE FORCE UNLEASHED PS3 LUCASARTS LUCASARTS

26 23 SUPER SMASH BROS: BRAWL WII NINTENDO NINTENDO

18 24 TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 09 WII EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS

19 25 SAMBA DE AMIGO WII SEGA SEGA

25 26 HALO 3 XB360 MICROSOFT MICROSOFT

- 27 BROTHERS IN ARMS: HELL'S HIGHWAY PC UBISOFT UBISOFT

21 28 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK WII REDOCTANE ACTIVISION BLIZZARD

23 29 SUPER MARIO GALAXY WII NINTENDO NINTENDO

30 30 MARIO & SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES WII SEGA SEGA

27 31 SPORTS ISLAND WII HUDSON KONAMI

20 32 TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 09 XB360 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS

28 33 PUZZLER COLLECTION DS GAMES FOR EVERYONE UBISOFT

24 34 SPORE PC EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS

31 35 TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 09 PS3 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS

17 36 PURE XB360 DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS

34 37 WALL-E DS PLAY THQ THQ

- 38 GRAND THEFT AUTO IV XB360 ROCKSTAR TAKE 2

- 39 GRAND THEFT AUTO IV PS3 ROCKSTAR TAKE 2

- 40 LEGO BATMAN: THE VIDEOGAME PSP WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE

16x Wii

8x 360

6x PS3

4x NDS

2x PC

2x PS2

2x PSP

Konami’s ‘Pro Evolution Soccer 2009’ kicks ‘FIFA 09’ down to No2 as EA’s 2 week reign at the top of the All Formats chart ends with a 54% dip in ‘FIFA 09’ sales.

The PS3 version of ‘PES 2009’ makes the most of the two week wait for the PS2 version, claiming 58% of sales, while Xbox 360 accounts for 40% and PC 2%. Last year the PS2 version was the top seller with 42%, then 30% for Xbox 360, 26% for PS3 and 2% for PC. Konami can’t match FIFA’s exceptional launch week with sales across all three formats not able to overturn FIFA 09’s Xbox 360 debut week. Last year the Xbox 360 launch weeks were neck and neck, but this time around Xbox 360 FIFA’s launch has sold 2.66 times more than that of PES. The launch of PES on Xbox 360 is lower than last year’s game, however the PS3 version’s launch week is up 39%. THQ can celebrate a successful Xbox 360 launch of ‘Saints Row 2’ which sits comfortably behind ‘FIFA 09’ at No3 with 73% of sales on Xbox 360 and 27% on PS3.

The Xbox 360 version of ‘Saints Row 2’ is only 5,000 units behind PES 2009 at No2 in the Xbox 360 Full Price Chart. ‘Lego Batman’ makes way for ‘PES 2009’ and ‘Saints Row 2’ by dropping 2 places to No4, while ‘Wii Fit’ also falls 2 places to No5. ‘Mario Kart Wii’, a non-mover at No6, joins ‘Wii Fit’ as the only All Formats Top 10 games to increase in sales, while ‘Star Wars: The Force Unleashed’ and ‘Brothers in Arms: Hells’ Highway’ lose 35% and 41% of sales respectively, down to No’s 7 and 10. There is a re-entry for ‘Bioshock’ at No14 thanks to a much later launch of the PS3 version.

TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE - INDIVIDUAL FORMATS (UNITS), WEEK ENDING 18 October 2008

01 (__) [PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)

02 (__) [360] Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)

03 (__) [360] Saints Row 2 (Thq)

04 (03) [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)

05 (01) [360] Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

06 (02) [PS3] Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

07 (__) [PS3] Saints Row 2 (Thq)

08 (05) [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

09 (04) [PS2] Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

10 (06) [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)

11 (08) [PS2] Lego Batman: The Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)

12 (10) [WII] Lego Batman: The Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)

13 (19) [NDS] Lego Batman: The Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)

14 (18) [WII] Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

15 (09) [WII] Family Trainer (Atari)

16 (12) [WII] Big Beach Sports (Thq)

17 (11) [PSP] Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

18 (07) [360] Lego Batman: The Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)

19 (26) [360] Halo 3 (Microsoft)

20 (__) [PS3] Bioshock (Take 2)

21 (20) [NDS] Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)

22 (23) [WII] Super Smash Bros: Brawl (Nintendo)

23 (30) [WII] Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

24 (15) [WII] Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

25 (13) [PS3] Lego Batman: The Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)

26 (24) [WII] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 09 (Electronic Arts)

27 (14) [360] Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway (Ubisoft)

28 (16) [360] Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Lucasarts)

29 (40) [PSP] Lego Batman: The Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)

30 (31) [WII] Sports Island (Konami)

31 (__) [WII] De Blob (Thq)

32 (21) [WII] Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Lucasarts)

33 (17) [PS3] Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway (Ubisoft)

34 (33) [NDS] Puzzler Collection (Ubisoft)

35 (25) [WII] Samba De Amigo (Sega)

36 (28) [WII] Guitar Hero Iii: Legends Of Rock (Activision Blizzard)

37 (22) [PS3] Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Lucasarts)

38 (__) [WII] Sports Party (Ubisoft)

39 (__) [NDS] Mario Kart Ds (Nintendo)

40 (__) [PC] Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)

17x Wii

7x PS3

7x X360

4x NDS

2x PS2

2x PSP

1x PC

Ireland :

TOP 20 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES), WEEK ENDING 18 October 2008

01 (01) Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

02 (__) Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)

03 (02) Lego Batman: The Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)

04 (__) Saints Row 2 (Thq)

05 (05) Wii Fit (Nintendo)

06 (07) Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

07 (03) Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Lucasarts)

08 (08) Wii Play (Nintendo)

09 (14) Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

10 (11) The Simpsons Game (Electronic Arts)

11 (04) Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway (Ubisoft)

12 (09) Wall-e (Thq)

13 (10) Grand Theft Auto Iv (Take 2)

14 (06) Tiger Woods Pga Tour 09 (Electronic Arts)

15 (13) Ben 10: Protector Of Earth (D3p)

16 (12) Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)

17 (__) Sports Party (Ubisoft)

18 (__) Bioshock (Take 2)

19 (__) Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

20 (19) High School Musical 2: Work This Out! (Disney Interactive Studios)

Microsoft call full time on Pro Evolution Soccer 2009’s one-week stay at the top as ‘Fable II’ is crowned this week’s All Formats No1.

It is Microsoft’s first All Formats No1 since ‘Halo 3’, over a year ago, and is the first game to be developed by Britsoft team Lionhead to reach the top of the All Formats Chart, outselling the original Fable’s launch week by 3.81 to 1. ‘Fable II’ also becomes the 5th fastest selling Xbox 360 game ever in the UK, behind ‘GTA IV’, ‘Halo 3’, ‘FIFA 09’ and ‘Call of Duty 4’. Sales of ‘Pro Evolution Soccer 2009’ take a dive this week, falling 58%, dropping from No1 to No4, while sales of ‘FIFA 09’ are down 24%, moving it down one place to No3, making way for Ubisoft’s ‘Far Cry 2’ which debuts at No2. Launched across Xbox 360 (43%), PS3 (33%) and PC (24%) Ubisoft’s critically acclaimed FPS is only one of several new entries to make the All Formats Top 10 with EA’s ‘Dead Space’ at No6 and Rockstar/Take 2’s ‘Midnight Club: Los Angeles’ at No10. ‘Saints Row 2’ also makes way for the newcomers, dropping 2 places to No5, while ‘Lego Batman’ is down 3 places to No7, staying ahead of ‘Wii Fit’ and ‘Mario Kart Wii’, both down 3 places to No’s 8 and 9 respectively.

After several periods of Nintendo dominance, which saw only 2 weeks ago Wii representing the top selling format for 6 games in the All Formats Top 10, Microsoft now claim the best selling version of 5 out of the Top 6 games in the All Formats Chart. Benefiting from a retailer hardware bundle, ‘Family Ski’ from Namco-Bandai/Nintendo enters the All Formats Top 40 for the first time since its launch 19 weeks ago at No28. The remaining new entries in the All Formats Top 40 are ‘Moto GP 08’ from Capcom at No32 and Activsion’s ‘Spider-Man: Web of Shadows’ at No38.

Week 43, 2008 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (__) 360 Fable Ii (Microsoft)

02 (03) 360 Saints Row 2 (Thq)

03 (__) 360 Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft)

04 (01) PS3 Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)

05 (02) 360 Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)

06 (__) PS3 Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft)

07 (04) WII Wii Fit (Nintendo)

08 (08) WII Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

09 (05) 360 Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

10 (__) 360 Dead Space (Electronic Arts)

11 (07) PS3 Saints Row 2 (Thq)

12 (__) PC Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft)

13 (10) WII Wii Play (Nintendo)

14 (21) NDS Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)

15 (06) PS3 Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

16 (__) PS3 Dead Space (Electronic Arts)

17 (09) PS2 Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

18 (14) WII Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

19 (__) PS3 Midnight Club: Los Angeles (Take 2)

20 (__) 360 Midnight Club: Los Angeles (Take 2)

21 (11) PS2 Lego Batman: The Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)

22 (24) WII Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

23 (23) WII Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

24 (13) NDS Lego Batman: The Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)

25 (17) PSP Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

26 (16) WII Big Beach Sports (Thq)

27 (39) NDS Mario Kart Ds (Nintendo)

28 (12) WII Lego Batman: The Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)

29 (22) WII Super Smash Bros: Brawl (Nintendo)

30 (15) WII Family Trainer (Atari)

31 (19) 360 Halo 3 (Microsoft)

32 (36) WII Guitar Hero Iii: Legends Of Rock (Activision Blizzard)

33 (__) WII Family Ski (Nintendo)

34 (20) PS3 Bioshock (Take 2)

35 (26) WII Tiger Woods Pga Tour 09 (Electronic Arts)

36 (30) WII Sports Island (Konami)

37 (35) WII Samba De Amigo (Sega)

38 (29) PSP Lego Batman: The Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)

39 (38) WII Sports Party (Ubisoft)

40 (34) NDS Puzzler Collection (Ubisoft)

Could someone edit the title to monday than tuesday?

Microsoft and Fable II’s fairytale start to life in the All Formats Chart is cut short by Bethesda’s ‘Fallout 3’ which hands the well respected American developer their first self-published UK All Formats No1.

‘Fallout 3’ was launched on Xbox 360 (55%), PS3 (28%) and PC (17%) and tops each of its individual charts this week with the Xbox 360 launch outselling that of Bethesda’s critically acclaimed ‘Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion’ by 57%. The original Fallout was launched in Q1 1998 and ‘Fallout 2’ in Q4 1998, so gamers have had to wait 10 years for the 3rd official Fallout game. It appears that it was well worth the wait as in two days ‘Fallout 3’ has outsold the total sales to date of every previous Fallout game combined (including spin-offs ‘Fallout Tactics’ and ‘Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel’). Sales of ‘Fable II’ drop 51%, falling from No1 to No4, while ‘FIFA 09’ moves in the other direction, up from No3 to No2. ‘Wii Fit’ enjoys its 3rd best week ever with sales jumping an impressive 126%, up from No8 to No3 and outselling ‘Fallout 3’ on Xbox 360 to become this week’s top selling title across a single format in terms of both units and revenue.

Konami’s ‘Pro Evolution Soccer 2009’ slips one place to No5 despite the launch of the PS2 version, which is this week’s top selling version of ‘PES 2009’, accounting for 38% of sales, ahead of PS3 and Xbox 360, both 30%. ‘Far Cry 2’ falls from No2 to No6, ahead of Activision Blizzard’s new Bond game ‘Quantum of Solace’, debuting appropriately at No7. ‘LEGO Batman’ from Warner Bros. is down one place to No8, but only 700 sales behind Bond. The top 8 games this week are all from different publishers with Nintendo the only publisher to have two Top 10 games. THQ round off the All Formats Top 10 as ‘Saints Row 2’ drops 5 places to No10. There are new entries for ‘Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3’ at No15, ‘MySims Kingdom’ at No25, ‘More Touchmaster’ at No28 and DS ‘High School Musical 3: Senior Year’ at No29.

Week 44, 2008 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (07) WII Wii Fit (Nintendo)

02 (__) 360 Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks)

03 (01) 360 Fable II (Microsoft)

04 (08) WII Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

05 (__) PS3 Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks)

06 (09) 360 Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

07 (03) 360 Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft)

08 (13) WII Wii Play (Nintendo)

09 (14) NDS Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)

10 (__) PS2 Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)

11 (06) PS3 Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft)

12 (__) PC Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks)

13 (02) 360 Saints Row 2 (THQ)

14 (15) PS3 Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

15 (__) PC Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (Electronic Arts)

16 (05) 360 Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)

17 (04) PS3 Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)

18 (__) PS3 Quantum of Solace (Activision Blizzard)

19 (__) 360 Quantum of Solace (Activision Blizzard)

20 (17) PS2 Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

21 (10) 360 Dead Space (Electronic Arts)

22 (20) 360 Midnight Club: Los Angeles (Take 2)

23 (19) PS3 Midnight Club: Los Angeles (Take 2)

24 (18) WII Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

25 (22) WII Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

26 (25) PSP Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

27 (11) PS3 Saints Row 2 (THQ)

28 (16) PS3 Dead Space (Electronic Arts)

29 (23) WII Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega)

30 (28) WII Lego Batman: The Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)

31 (12) PC Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft)

32 (21) PS2 Lego Batman: The Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)

33 (24) NDS Lego Batman: The Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)

34 (27) NDS Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)

35 (26) WII Big Beach Sports (THQ)

36 (__) NDS More Touchmaster (Midway)

37 (__) NDS High School Musical 3: Senior Year (Disney Interactive Studios)

38 (__) NDS More Brain Training from Dr. Kawashima (Nintendo)

39 (30) WII Family Trainer (Atari)

40 (__) NDS Imagine: Teacher (Ubisoft)

360 = 9

WII = 9

PS3 = 8

NDS = 7

PC = 3

PS2 = 3

PSP = 1

Having scored a first All Formats No1 this year just 2 weeks ago with ‘Fable II’ on Xbox360, Microsoft are back on top with an even bigger 360 exclusive as ‘Gears Of War 2’ becomes the 3rd largest 360 week 1 title ever (behind GTA IV and Halo 3) and the 8th largest week 1 overall.

EA remain at No2 with steady sales of ‘FIFA 09’ (-1%) with Bethesda Softwork’s UK debut ‘Fallout 3’ dropping from No1 to No3 (-42%). Sony’s PS3 ‘LittleBigPlanet’ garnered very favourable reviews and debuts here at No4 and the big multi-format Christmas contender from THQ ‘WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2009’ debuts at No5 with sales over 6 formats – PS3 and 360 virtually neck and neck with 34% and 33% of sales respectively. Nintendo’s new DS puzzler hoping to emulate the Kawashima’s makes an honourable start at No6. Also new this week is Activision’s ‘Guitar Hero: World Tour’ debuting at No17 and released for 360, PS3, Wii, PS2 as solus or with guitar SKU’s. Sony’s PS3 ‘Motorstorm: Pacific Rift’ debuts at No29 and Ubisoft’s ‘Tom Clancy Endwar’ is the last of the Top 40 new entries at No30 on 360/PS3/DS.

Week 45, 2008 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (__) 360 Gears of War 2 (Microsoft)

02 (__) PS3 LittleBigPlanet (SCEE)

03 (__) NDS Professor Layton and the Curious Village (Nintendo)

04 (04) WII Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

05 (02) 360 Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks)

06 (01) WII Wii Fit (Nintendo)

07 (08) WII Wii Play (Nintendo)

08 (06) 360 FIFA 09 (Electronic Arts)

09 (09) NDS Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)

10 (03) 360 Fable 2 (Microsoft)

11 (14) PS3 FIFA 09 (Electronic Arts)

12 (05) PS3 Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks)

13 (__) PS3 WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2009 (THQ)

14 (__) 360 WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2009 (THQ)

15 (29) WII Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega)

16 (10) PS2 Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)

17 (37) NDS High School Musical 3: Senior Year (Disney Interactive Studios)

18 (18) PS3 Quantum of Solace (Activision Blizzard)

19 (19) 360 Quantum of Solace (Activision Blizzard)

20 (24) WII Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

21 (36) NDS More Touchmaster (Midway)

22 (__) PS2 WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2009 (THQ)

23 (15) PC Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (Electronic Arts)

24 (__) NDS Nintendogs: Lab & Friends (Nintendo)

25 (20) PS2 FIFA 09 (Electronic Arts)

26 (38) NDS More Brain Training from Dr. Kawashima (Nintendo)

27 (__) NDS Big Brain Academy (Nintendo)

28 (__) PS3 Motorstorm: Pacific Rift (SCEE)

29 (07) 360 Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft)

30 (26) PSP FIFA 09 (Electronic Arts)

31 (22) 360 Midnight Club: Los Angeles (Take 2)

32 (17) PS3 Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)

33 (34) NDS Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)

34 (__) 360 Guitar Hero: World Tour (Activision Blizzard)

35 (16) 360 Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)

36 (23) PS3 Midnight Club: Los Angeles (Take 2)

37 (12) PC Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks)

38 (13) 360 Saints Row 2 (Nintendo)

39 (11) PS3 Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft)

40 (__) PS3 Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (SCEE)

360 = 11

PS3 = 10

NDS = 8

WII = 5

PS2 = 3

PC = 2

PSP = 1

Ireland :

Week 45, 2008 - TOP 20 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES), WEEK ENDING 8 November 2008

01 (__) Gears of War 2 (Microsoft)

02 (01) FIFA 09 (Electronic Arts)

03 (02) Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks)

04 (03) Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)

05 (06) Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)

06 (08) Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

07 (__) WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2009 (Take 2)

08 (04) Lego Batman: The Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)

09 (__) LittleBigPlanet (SCEE)

10 (09) Quantum of Solace (Activision Blizzard)

11 (13) Mario & Sonic at the Olypmic Games (Sega)

12 (19) Wii Play (Nintendo)

13 (16) Wii Fit (Nintendo)

14 (17) High School Musical 3: Senior Year (Disney Interactive Studios)

15 (__) Professor Layton and the Curious Village (Nintendo)

16 (05) Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft)

17 (07) Fable 2 (Microsoft)

18 (__) More Brain Training from Dr. Kawashima (Nintendo)

19 (10) Saints Row 2 (THQ)

20 (14) The Simpsons Game (Electronic Arts)

Thats great news, awesome game!

Anyone else getting a little concerned that Wii cross platform games are doing really badly? Fifa, WWE SvR, CoD5..... These are the types of games that need to start selling or it just won't get them. The fact PS2 versions outsold Wii on fifa and wrestling is pretty bad!!!

Thats great news, awesome game!

Anyone else getting a little concerned that Wii cross platform games are doing really badly? Fifa, WWE SvR, CoD5..... These are the types of games that need to start selling or it just won't get them. The fact PS2 versions outsold Wii on fifa and wrestling is pretty bad!!!

It's down to publishers to market them. If they do, they sell well. Simple.

Cases in point: Guitar Hero III, Tiger 09, PES 08

It's down to publishers to market them. If they do, they sell well. Simple.

Cases in point: Guitar Hero III, Tiger 09, PES 08

That's pretty much it, really. Also, they've all been good efforts and solid games, as well. I do remember seeing quite a few ads for GH3, though. Got the message out.

Week 46, 2008 - Individual Formats (Units)

It’s an Activision Blizzard world this week as the favourite for Christmas No1 ‘Call of Duty: World at War’ tops the All Formats Chart, becoming the UK’s 3rd fastest selling video game of all time (behind ‘GTA IV’ and ‘GTA San Andreas’).

It is followed at No2 by ‘World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King’ which is now the fastest selling PC title – a record that has stood since March 2003 and ‘Championship Manager 4’. The recently merged Activision Blizzard has its eye on world domination with not just ‘World at War’ and ‘World of Warcraft’ but also ‘Guitar Hero: World Tour’ which shoots up the chart from No17 to No6 thanks to the launch of the complete band packs. Sales from these 3 games alone accounted for 25% of all games sold last week. Last year’s ‘Call of Duty 4’ was launched in the same week, also reaching No1, but having to wait until Christmas to reach No1 for a second time. The combined launch week sales of the XB360, PS3 and PC versions of the latest instalment have outsold those for ‘Call of Duty 4’ by more than 2 to 1.

Sega’s ‘Football Manager 2009’ debuts at No3, making it 3 new games in the Top 3 as well as a very successful week for PC gaming, becoming Sega’s fastest selling game out of the 5 ‘Football Manager’ titles. Sales of Microsoft’s ‘Gears of War 2’ slip 64%, down from No1 to No4, while EA’s ‘FIFA 09’ also falls 3 places, down to No5. Nintendo maintain an All Formats Top 10 presence thanks to ‘Professor Layton’ and ‘Mario Kart Wii’, both down one place to No’s 7 and 8, but rising in sales, up 9% and 12% respectively. Konami’s ‘Pro Evolution Soccer 2009’ remains a major league player, holding on to No9, while THQ’s ‘WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2009’ falls 5 places to No10. Newcomers that didn’t make the All Formats Top 10 are Nintendo’s ‘Wii Music’ at No16 and EA’s ‘Mirror’s Edge’ at No20.

UK :

TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE - INDIVIDUAL FORMATS (UNITS) - Week 46, 2008

01 (__) [360] Call Of Duty: World At War (Activision Blizzard)

02 (__) [PC] World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of Lich King (Activision Blizzard)

03 (__) [PS3] Call Of Duty: World At War (Activision Blizzard)

04 (__) [PC] Football Manager 2009 (Sega)

05 (01) [360] Gears Of War 2 (Microsoft)

06 (03) [NDS] Professor Layton And The Curious Village (Nintendo)

07 (04) [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

08 (07) [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)

09 (06) [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)

10 (09) [NDS] Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)

11 (__) [WII] Wii Music (Nintendo)

12 (02) [PS3] LittleBigPlanet (Sony Computer Ent.)

13 (15) [WII] Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

14 (__) [PC] Call Of Duty: World At War (Activision Blizzard)

15 (34) [360] Guitar Hero: World Tour (Activision Blizzard)

16 (08) [360] Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

17 (__) [WII] Guitar Hero: World Tour (Activision Blizzard)

18 (05) [360] Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks)

19 (27) [NDS] Big Brain Academy (Nintendo)

20 (__) [360] Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (Lucasarts)

21 (11) [PS3] Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

22 (32) [PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)

23 (__) [360] Kung Fu Panda (Activision Blizzard)

24 (__) [PS3] Guitar Hero: World Tour (Activision Blizzard)

25 (10) [360] Fable II (Microsoft)

26 (26) [NDS] More Brain Training From Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)

27 (35) [360] Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)

28 (14) [360] Wwe Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 (Thq)

29 (22) [PS2] Wwe Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 (Thq)

30 (__) [360] Mirror's Edge (Electronic Arts)

31 (20) [WII] Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

32 (__) [WII] High School Musical 3: Senior Year Dance (Disney Interactive Studios)

33 (21) [NDS] More Touchmaster (Midway)

34 (13) [PS3] Wwe Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 (Thq)

35 (__) [WII] More Game Party (Midway)

36 (28) [PS3] Motorstorm: Pacific Rift (Sony Computer Ent.)

37 (16) [PS2] Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)

38 (__) [360] Viva Piñata (Microsoft)

39 (__) [PS3] Mirror's Edge (Electronic Arts)

40 (17) [NDS] High School Musical 3: Senior Year (Disney Interactive Studios)

XB360 = 12

WII = 9

PS3 = 8

DS= 6

PC = 3

PS2 = 2

Ireland :

TOP 20 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES) - Week 46, 2008

01 (__) Call Of Duty: World At War (Activision Blizzard)

02 (02) Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

03 (__) World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of Lich King (Activision Blizzard)

04 (01) Gears Of War 2 (Microsoft)

05 (07) Wwe Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 (Thq)

06 (04) Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)

07 (15) Professor Layton And The Curious Village (Nintendo)

08 (__) Football Manager 2009 (Sega)

09 (06) Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

10 (11) Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

11 (05) Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)

12 (12) Wii Play (Nintendo)

13 (13) Wii Fit (Nintendo)

14 (09) Littlebigplanet (Sony Computer Ent.)

15 (03) Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks)

16 (08) Lego Batman: The Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)

17 (__) Boogie (Electronic Arts)

18 (18) More Brain Training From Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)

19 (10) Quantum Of Solace (Activision Blizzard)

20 (__) Guitar Hero: World Tour (Activision Blizzard)

Great to see Prof Layton holding up well, not so much to see Call of Duty Wii fail to enter the charts. No sympathy for Activision really though. Treyarch made a decent port and Activision should have done a lot more to promote it.

Weird how Mirror's Edge entered so low, considering there has been quite a lot of print advertising about for it.

Great to see Prof Layton holding up well, not so much to see Call of Duty Wii fail to enter the charts. No sympathy for Activision really though. Treyarch made a decent port and Activision should have done a lot more to promote it.

Weird how Mirror's Edge entered so low, considering there has been quite a lot of print advertising about for it.

You have forgotten all about BK N&Bs. :(