NEurope
Paj!

MUSIC WARZ! Match 24

Match 24 (on December 24th!)

Future Lovers/ I Feel Love (Live) - Madonna

Chrono Trigger Theme - Yasunori Mitsuda

Unable to be embedded, please follow the link.

CLICK HERE

Match 1: Led Zeppelin vs. Train

Match 2: Faith No More vs. Oasis

Match 3: Sigur Ros vs. Foreign Beggars

Match 4: Maximum The Hormone vs. Santana

Match 5: Avril Lavigne vs. Lady GaGa

Match 6: Radiohead vs. Polysics

Match 7: Jeff Buckley vs. Kings Of Leon

Match 8: Lamb vs. Iron Maiden

Match 9: Malcolm Middleton vs. Rihanna

Match 10: Blondie vs. Regina Spektor

Match 11: The Offspring vs. Bauhaus

Match 12: Tegan & Sara vs. TV On The Radio

Match 13: Placebo vs. Britney Spears

Match 14: Postal Service vs. CSS

Match 15: Portishead vs. Lia

Match 16: Fall Out Boy vs. Tori Amos

Match 17: HIM vs. Megadeth

Match 18: A Fine Frenzy vs. Goldfrapp

Match 19: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds vs. Family Force 5

Match 20: Foo Fighters vs. M.I.A

Match 21: Red Hot Chilli Peppers vs. Bjork

Match 22: Tori Amos vs. Pixies

As much as I love RPG music (The FFVII soundtrack will always have a place in my heart), you cannot beat this performance of Future Lovers.

I just love how it builds up to the I Feel Love bit. You can imagine her being an anti-hero in an RPG screaming "I'm so unbelievably ready to fight you in a battle to the death!!"

Madonna, for her 7 minutes of loveliness.

The Chrono Trigger theme was surprisingly good. The Madonna song dragged on too long and got boring fast. I'm also not into her weird horse-SM fetish. So Yasunori Mitsuda gets my vote.

I love Future Lovers as a song, it's akin to having sex with a synthesizer. But with the I Feel Love euphoria, it's a multiple orgasm.

Madonna

I'm voting for Yasunori Mitsuda, because I absolutely fucking despise Madonna.

It's song vs. song.

The point is NOT to bring biases into it, when voting.

If you've done that, and your vote is still that, that's fine.

It's song vs. song.

The point is NOT to bring biases into it, when voting.

If you've done that, and your vote is still that, that's fine.

That doesn't matter. One of the reasons why I abhor Madonna is because her music is cack, which that song happens to be. Hence my vote.

I'm voting for Chrono Trigger, I do love it when that theme kicks in in the game. Got a good vibe to it too. Amazing what you can do with MIDI compared to overproduced Madonna rubbish,

That doesn't matter. One of the reasons why I abhor Madonna is because her music is cack, which that song happens to be. Hence my vote.

Ok.

*grumbles "some of her music is undeniably good, but I can see why people wouldn't like this one" then walks out*

Some of her music is 'undeniably good', you say?

Well, now THIS should be interesting. Please, enlighten us of this shocking revelation. Which of Madonna's tracks are in the "undeniably good" category?

Well, my favourite album of Madonna's is American Life (no one else seems to like it though), and this is my favourite song:

Isaac - Madonna

I'm not that big a Madonna fan though.

I generally prefer her 90's stuff, with a more hip/trip-hoppy sound to it. However, she has made some of the greatest classic (non-cheesy) pop songs of the last century too.

Here's a few...don't have to listen to them all.

Frozen, Human Nature and Die Another Day are rather awesome. I really have a soft spot for Die Another Day, I think it's fantastic.

Frozen, Human Nature and Die Another Day are rather awesome. I really have a soft spot for Die Another Day, I think it's fantastic.

If you tell me you first head Human Nature because of Britney's appearance on stage during it, I'll hit you.

(in a friendly, yet still really disapproving way) :smile:

If you tell me you first head Human Nature because of Britney's appearance on stage during it, I'll hit you.

(in a friendly, yet still really disapproving way) :smile:

Haha, I've not actually seen that performance. I have the album it's on and I thought it was alright - but seeing the video for the first time it's turned the song into something else. Rather like "Single Ladies", if you see what I mean.

Haha, I've not actually seen that performance. I have the album it's on and I thought it was alright - but seeing the video for the first time it's turned the song into something else. Rather like "Single Ladies", if you see what I mean.

Bedtime Stories is excellent, definitely Madonna's most underrated album. While Human Nature is good on it's own, it needs to be understood that it was her talking back to the media, who had fucked her around during her last album (Erotica, ironically only featuring 2 sexual songs), and the Sex book. The fact that the response song's video is what it is just sums her up for me! Sticking to her guns.

Chrono Trigger. It's amazing how much you can do with MIDI, this is probably one of the best examples.

Madonna was actually a pleasant surprise, though not up to CT's brilliance.