NEurope

Can you control the movement? If so, I want to see how that works, because it just seems like a more indepth version of WiiSports Tennis at the moment.
Yeah you either have computer controlled movement like Wii Sports Tennis, or you control your character with the nunchuck.

Yeah you either have computer controlled movement like Wii Sports Tennis, or you control your character with the nunchuck.

I want to see the control with the nunchuk, because I want to see if it gets a bit fiddly due to the connection between the Wiimote and Nunchuk.

Wii motion Plus 1 to 1 video

in some moves there is some lag but in some other moves there is not...

I hope it is not a motion plus problem but its beacause of the game wich they have to improve..Otherwise Virtua tennis has got great previews so....

The graphics look bad or is my wrong??

In this? no I think the graphics/graphical style is great, but each to their own.

I think the apparent lag may have been a result of the computer controlling the character and interupting certain animation [though the motioned move will still work fine].

What the HELL?? :cry: :cry:

Get Andy Murray off my box!

Yeah man.

Think I'm going to order my copy from Spain to get the REAL box art:

gsts.jpg

;)

F*ck off! Leave the Brit alone (he becomes Scottish when he loses)! He's a fantastic player!!

So are people definitely decided on getting this over Virtua then? Online play will be a factor in which version I get!

You bunch of racists. Don't like Scottish people or black women?!!

and I'm not joking!
I was. :heh:

Plus I've already ordered from GAME.

Anyway a high res version must be out there somewhere, so we can just print out the cover. :awesome:

F*ck off! Leave the Brit alone (he becomes Scottish when he loses)! He's a fantastic player!!

So are people definitely decided on getting this over Virtua then? Online play will be a factor in which version I get!

You bunch of racists. Don't like Scottish people or black women?!!

I'm not sure whether I'll just get Grand Slam Tennis... or get Virtua Tennis too. :heh: I'd be happy with the boxart that has Federer, Serena and Mac on it... so nyeh, I'm not THAT racist. I do hate Nadal and Murray though. Did you see Gasquet is suspended for cocaine? I didn't mind him... apart from the Fed, there aren't too current many tennis players I actually like. :o Don't suppose Patty Schnyder is in Grand Slam or Virtua Tennis...?

I was. :heh:

Plus I've already ordered from GAME.

Anyway a high res version must be out there somewhere, so we can just print out the cover. :awesome:

Good idea... very very good idea. I can't have Murray disrupting the harmony of my games collection! :sad:

I hate Nadal too. I was at Indian Wells this year, saw Murray BATTER Federer and then lose to Nadal - gutted! Why do you hate Murray so much? I like all local boys!!

Thing is, will you REALLy play both games? It's tempting, but surely the best one will always get played?!

Thats the thing. I love the look of Grand Slam Tennis and it sounds like EA are putting in a huge effort... but Virtua Tennis is sounding like it should be really solid too... soo... :wtf:

I don't like Murray's style of play and his attitude on and off court. Just doesn't seem like a nice guy! Whereas Federer is a class act on and off the court, a gent. :heh: Congrats on seeing Federer in the flesh, Dazzy. :bowdown:

I do hate Nadal
I hate Nadal too.
My my... And you people call yourselves tennis fans? :nono:

You're both in need of a thrashing from me (as Nadal) when this game comes out. Knock some sense in to ya! :grin:

apart from the Fed, there aren't too current many tennis players I actually like. :o
Yeah I've noticed. :laughing:

thumb_gst_pal_boxart.jpg

What the HELL?? :cry: :cry:

Get Andy Murray off my box!

WTF!! :angry:

What happened to the awesome slightly cartoony boxart of...

51a3VuRy8nL.jpg

That was awesome!

This new one doesn't reflect the visual style in the slightest!

Dissapointed!

Yeah but another Wii cartoony boxart on store shelves would just make everyone overlook it as shovelware. :p

Think I'm gonna get this. Looks better than what we've seen of Virtua Tennis too. The multiplayer facets seem great and I'm sure there will be tons of online gamers for this (with it being an EA title). Plus, EANation (if that's what they are using?!) will be as solid as ever for online gaming.

I'm veering much more towards Virtua Tennis. With Virtua Tennis, you know you're getting a fabulous tennis game that's really great fun to play, whereas Grand Slam tennis is a bit of an unknown quanity. I might pick both up if Grand Slam gets good reviews. Nice to have options though. :)

Virtua Tennis got 88% in NGamer. God knows if that's still a good thing. Used to buy the mag eons ago and it was THE mag to trust. Is it still? Shame they didn't have EA's game to review as a comparison piece. *Missed opportunity*

88% is still a great score. Do you know what it said about the game?

Virtua Tennis got 88% in NGamer. God knows if that's still a good thing. Used to buy the mag eons ago and it was THE mag to trust. Is it still? Shame they didn't have EA's game to review as a comparison piece. *Missed opportunity*

I'd say so. :) I'll post some snippets in a bit, but they did say that it has the best tennis controls on the Wii, by a long shot.

They also reviewed it without MotionPlus, so that's good! I believe they'll be re-reviewing it, or reviewing that aspect of the game, next issue (or the issue after) when MotionPlus is out.

Unless it's a world-exclusive cover review that gets 90%, it's still the mag to trust.

I'd say so. :) I'll post some snippets in a bit, but they did say that it has the best tennis controls on the Wii, by a long shot.

They also reviewed it without MotionPlus, so that's good! I believe they'll be re-reviewing it, or reviewing that aspect of the game, next issue (or the issue after) when MotionPlus is out.

Hopefully in the Virtua Tennis thread. :) Using the Grand Slam tennis thread to discuss Virtua Tennis is getting confusing! ;)

although everyone is saying EAs game is better... well matt cass is anyway..

so wow grand slam must be awesome :)