NEurope
Choze

God of War III

Bit of an Average teaser trailer tbh, still does the job and it's nice to see the game in motion.

^ really? I just finished watching it in HD over at Gametrailers and I have to say that the Kratos model doesn't look great, especially in the close up at the start. EVerything shown was on par with the games available on the market just now, and only just. Just covered up a lot of things with extra lighting. I thought this was being touted as the game to really push the PS3. I'm not seeing it at the moment but then it was just a teaser and it can only get better.

It was a teaser indeed, and it didn't look like it was done just yet. But I'm certainly the guys can push the PS3. Just look at the first 2 games on the PS2 and you can see these guys have talent.

Wasn't that impressed to be honest! Teaser Trailer was way too short on footage and like Ganepark' said, what was there certainly didn't blow me away!

At the moment Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Resi 5 and some others look better, it's not surpassing Gears2 either.

Look forward to seeing more of it though! and no doubt with the game being a long way off they will keep pushing and it could well end up being the best looking game out there.

Didn't David "Royal Twat" Jaffe say that when he saw the latest trailer, it looked like "an oil painting come to life"? Opinions on whether that claim rings true will be divided, no doubt.

Wasn't that impressed to be honest! Teaser Trailer was way too short on footage and like Ganepark' said, what was there certainly didn't blow me away!

At the moment Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Resi 5 and some others look better, it's not surpassing Gears2 either.

Look forward to seeing more of it though! and no doubt with the game being a long way off they will keep pushing and it could well end up being the best looking game out there.

It looks like CG. The graphics quality is stunning. Since when did Gears 2 or RE5 have facial expressions and this kind of detail on such a scale. I will give Uncharted the facial expressions but it wont have the scale of GOW3.

fkbjv9.jpg

2iut1n7.jpg

hs59ue.png

2yjwps6.jpg

23t01om.jpg

120sbpl.jpg

4g3sbk.jpg

Jesus, some people are talking out of their backsides! The game looks gorgeous. Liked the first game, could not be bothered to get the second but that may change seeing as this, on visuals anyways, looks like a must have.

What facial features? It just looks like a permanent scowl, and one of them is a scowl with an open mouth.

It does look good though.

What facial features? It just looks like a permanent scowl, and one of them is a scowl with an open mouth.

It does look good though.

It animates fully. You can even see his skin wrinkle when doing it!

IGN have stated what they would like to see in GoWIII

Branching Quicktime Events

The Quicktime events are staples of the God of War franchise. Matching on-screen button cues with your own button presses while Kratos rips apart a baddie in the background has always resulted in an awesome sight, but we'd like to see this taken to the next level. Instead of simply matching the button icons, we'd like to have the sequence work as a branching act where you're essentially choosing where and what Kratos does next. So, if he's just climbed up to something's chest, Square might take you down its left arm, Circle might take you down the right, while Triangle would send you right at its head. Some options would be better than others, while others would end poorly. It would be tricky implementing this so that the player can always expect what will happen next, but seeing this done right could be awesome.

A Proper Ending

We're tired of game after game these days ending without an actual, you know, ending. We're not clamoring for the end to Kratos' adventures, but we really want to see God of War III properly finish off this trilogy with a fantastic and solid finale. Don't string us along and leave us hanging. We want an actual outcome (preferably one where Kratos stabs the Earth in half to kill everyone).

Focus on the Blades

The trailer shows off a hefty set of gauntlets, which look cool enough, but the extra weapons aren't what makes Kratos the badass that he is. It's the Blades of Chaos (or Athena) coupled with his anger that make him practically unstoppable, and we want the focus to remain on that combo. Extra weapons are cool to mess with and can present interesting puzzle solutions, but we absolutely don't want Kratos' blades to be overshadowed by some crazy amount of extraneous armaments. Please, Santa Monica, keep Kratos as pure and raw as he's always been and everything will be all right.

Massive Environments

Traversing massive environments has been half the fun in the franchise thus far, and we only want to see them get bigger. The first gameplay trailer barely shows any of this, with camera angles situated low and in such a way that you really only see the characters. Please do not let this be an indication that Kratos' journeys have lead him to boring plains and rocky plateaus. We have the utmost faith that Sony Santa Monica will deliver here, but it simply can't go unsaid.

Character Development for the Gods

With Kratos heading off to take on everyone with other-worldly powers, the game could easily fall into the trappings of many sequels where too many characters are introduced and none of them are given enough screen time to develop their character traits. Sure, we all know who many of these gods will be, but the ones we've seen so far have always had an interesting God of War slant to them. Hopefully we'll get to know these guys a bit before Kratos cuts them in half.

Plenty of Behind-the-Scenes Content (in HD)

The first two titles featured a ton of this kind of footage, and we want to see more of it. It's commonplace for publishers to toss this kind of content into Collector's Edition sets these days, but we'd love to see making of footage included with every copy of the game. We're not saying we don't want a Collector's Edition. We just want the standard package to be chock-full of goodies.

Multiplayer Challenges

Turning God of War into an online co-op game wouldn't ever really work (we don't think anyway). But that doesn't mean that hopping online in multiplayer-specific challenges wouldn't be a blast. The trailer shows Kratos taking on a screen-full of skeletons or some such, which looks perfect to us for an online survival setting. Left 4 Dead meets God of War, anyone?

Different Filter Tech (think Uncharted)

With all of the whiz-bang rendering tech we're bound to see in the game, it would be cool to be able to tweak some of the settings as a bonus for those who unlock the option. The feature was a really cool little unlockable in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and it would certainly be welcome here.

Multiple Paths

The franchise thus far has been an extremely linear experience (that's not a complaint, mind you), but it would be cool to see options given for Kratos on where to go next. The upgrade system could tie into this as you could go around and hunt for hidden treasures, so those who took the time to fully explore the world would be rewarded for it. It would also allow for spots that might not be intrinsic to the story experience, which would be cool.

Puzzles on a Bigger Scale

We've seen some pretty big puzzles, especially in God of War II, but like everything else in the franchise, bigger is usually better. We're talking full-level puzzles where the entire layout changes as you alter the environment to open that one locked door. Things like this help sell the size and scope of the game, as well as helping to enforce the fact that the world isn't a static place but one that Kratos can (and must) alter to progress.

Maintain the Balance Between Combat and Puzzles

While they haven't ever been overly complicated, God of War's puzzles have always been a great break from all the action, and we want to see the mix continue with the same brawn vs. brains ratio that's been there in the last two games. Throwing in cool puzzles helps give the franchise a tiny bit of that Indiana Jones feel where Kratos needs to make his way through millennia-old environments, which is always great.

Huge Boss Battles

God of War has always had great boss battles, but if you were to rank the fights from best on down, you'd almost certainly find the biggest guys at the top. God of War II and Chains of Olympus featured a handful of fights against "normal" sized bosses, which weren't as engaging as something like the kraken or the Colossus.

Context-Sensitive Kills

We love blood as much as the next guy, and Kratos sure knows how to spill it. But after seeing him rip a harpy in half or shove his blades down the throat of a beast for the hundredth time, you begin to want a little variety. More animations here would be great, as would context-sensitive kills that utilized bits and pieces of the environment.

Take God of War II and Turn it up to 11

Really, this is all we want. The first two games (especially the second) were so finely crafted and were so densely packed with awesome environments and fights that more of the same, but taken to the next level, would suit us just fine. If there's one thing that we hope Sony Santa Monica takes from this wishlist, it's that we don't need drastic changes to the formula, just more of what we've had all along. As the saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just add a new coat of paint and some more blood.

I'm not really looking forward to the game that much but if it gets rave reviews or comes out in a lull period then I'll probably pick it up.

To be honest you can tell already that IGN will love it.

Given the talent behind the game its hard for it to go wrong. Sony's teams are becoming increasingly adept at making outstanding games now.

Only thing I'm worried is that it's too many GoW games in too little time and they're pretty much all the same, so I hope they implement some fresh stuff so it doesn't get stale. Not that the market cares about that. Nor do I have a PS3 to play it :/

No use analysing the graphics of a 10 seconds trailer of a game in early development though :P

I'm more eager to see what Team ICO is doing.

Only thing I'm worried is that it's too many GoW games in too little time and they're pretty much all the same, so I hope they implement some fresh stuff so it doesn't get stale. Not that the market cares about that. Nor do I have a PS3 to play it :/

No use analysing the graphics of a 10 seconds trailer of a game in early development though :P

I'm more eager to see what Team ICO is doing.

What ever it is I wish they would get on with it...

The trailer looks fantastic when downloaded on PSN, and so does Uncharted 2 for that matter. *Hugs PS3*

gi_191.jpg

If you don’t know who Kratos is by now, you better take a look at your gaming priorities. The brutal star of the God of War series is back and on the PlayStation 3. Game Informer subscribers are in for one epic read as our favorite slayer of the gods finishes off what he started in the final installment of the trilogy. We’ve got ten pages of exclusive info, gorgeous art and eye-popping screenshots for in store for readers. But that’s not the only thing in the new issue - Resident Evil 5, GTA IV: The Lost & Damned, I am Alive, Prototype and Brutal Legend also make appearances. We’ve also dived into the world of 3D gaming and take a look at how video game credits have evolved. So check your mailboxes, run to the local newspaper stand for the new issue of Game Informer Magazine!