NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

Monster Hunter Ultimate 3DS OR Mario Kart 7?

Monster Hunter or Mario Kart 7?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Monster Hunter or Mario Kart 7?

• Monster Hunter
    • Mario Kart 7
    • something else (tell me what)

Ok simple as that which game should I get? Have a voucher that needs using up for $15 off a game, I was going to get Deadly Premonition on PS3 but it's not being stocked at the store in question...

So it basically it comes down to these two games which should I pick? I'm extremely curious about Monster Hunter and enjoyed the demo,but the lack of online on 3DS is off putting is there enough to warrant it (not buying a Wii U anytime soon so the adhoc method via this is not gonna happen). Love Mario Kart's and just not got round to buying it yet.

For comparison here is my 3DS library so far;

Fire Emblem Awakening #

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon

Pilotwings Resort

Resident Evil Revelations #

Super Mario 3D Land

Tetris Axis

# not yet beaten

And downloads:

Fun! Fun! Minigolf Touch!

Gunman Clive

Ikachan

Kersploosh!

Marvel Pinball 3D

Mighty Switch Force

Pushmo

Tokyo Crash Mobs

Kid Icarus 3D Classics

Kirbys Adventure 3D Classics.

I know I'll get the you can't compare them posts but a real thought about where my collection is now and what I should get!

For me Monster Hunter is the most chuffing boring, dull and uninspiring game ive ever played. Well offline it is. Its absolutely amazing online. Fantastic stuff.

Get MK7 and join the N-E league.

If there was the equivalent of that free game deal, I'd rec MH just to get another game free with that + LM + FE, BUT as you're in canada I assume that totally is not a thing.

I don't have/haven't played the 3DS version of MH, and only played a little of the Wii U version - I'm to understand there's still plenty of content for single player though as the 3DS is essentially the same as the wii u version, I think? I forget who but someone has played their wii u one entirely solo, and gotten good time out of it. It's definitely better than the demo gives it credit for, though.

MK, well...it's more of the same but good if you like it I guess. I don't play it anymore myself; but it could give you quite a good bit of play time if you're really into the MKs and there's online/the tournaments here(time difference pending). So...uh....I've not really offered anything useful, sorry.

I have only played the demo of MH so can't really give a fair comparison sorry. But what I can say is that MK will give you hours of fun. It is easily one of the best in the series so far (so much better than the rubbish Wii version) and it is also very good online too.

However, many of the guys here really rate MH and will be able to tell you more about it to help you in your decision I'm sure :)

I say Mario Kart 7, then get Monster Hunter 4 when it's out.

I say Mario Kart 7, then get Monster Hunter 4 when it's out.

See this is what I'm kind of considering before Monster Hunter 4 has online right?

Mario Kart 7 - Much better than the Wii version, a great selection of tracks and lots of fun online. Only thing that's missing is the Mission Mode from the DS version.

Other suggestions:-

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries - Very addictive and it has online multiplayer.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars - If you enjoy Fire Emblem and Advance Wars you should defintley check it out.

See this is what I'm kind of considering before Monster Hunter 4 has online right?

Yep, MH4 has online.

Like Blade said get Mario Kart 7 and join the league :D

I too was considering buying Monster Hunter 3 but with offline only multiplayer and no one to play it with locally I've decided to wait for Monster Hunter 4. If you ever pick up a Wii U then you can get Monster Hunter 3 on that instead.

I went and bought Mario Kart 7 :D Thanks guys....although something interesting did happen. The code is on a receipt I got from buying Bioshock Infinite and he handed me it back and whispered " I'm not going to write redeemed on it" lol so now I still have a valid code to again use in the next 2 weeks.

That's awesome, you should try and save the coupon for Deadly Premonition. I just finished that game and it was amazing!

That's awesome, you should try and save the coupon for Deadly Premonition. I just finished that game and it was amazing!

Nah they aren't carrying it any of their stores only online. They offered to order it in store but then can't use the code.

I went and bought Mario Kart 7 :D Thanks guys....although something interesting did happen. The code is on a receipt I got from buying Bioshock Infinite and he handed me it back and whispered " I'm not going to write redeemed on it" lol so now I still have a valid code to again use in the next 2 weeks.

Your next mission is to join the N-E league.

Nah they aren't carrying it any of their stores only online. They offered to order it in store but then can't use the code.

Aw that sucks :(

Monster Hunt...

*reads the thread properly*

'No Wii U just 3DS'

Mario Kart! :D

Glad to see you made the right choice, definitely get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate if you get a Wii U though and if not, then get Monster Hunter 4 when it comes out as that version will surely have online multiplayer even on the 3DS. :)

Monster Hunt...

*reads the thread properly*

'No Wii U just 3DS'

Mario Kart! :D

Glad to see you made the right choice, definitely get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate if you get a Wii U though and if not, then get Monster Hunter 4 when it comes out as that version will surely have online multiplayer even on the 3DS. :)

Capcom confirmed ages ago that it does in fact include online.

See here; http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/09/20/monster-hunter-4-has-online-multiplayer.aspx

Edited by londragon
additional info

Sign in to follow this