NEurope
Hero-of-Time

General Gaming Sales/Charts Discussion

I'm more than impressed with Luigi's Mansion 2 continuing it's climb back up charts.

If anything, I think Miiverse actually helps some games, especially those that people are unsure of. You ask about the game, people reply with their impressions and you add it to your to-buy list.

A lot of people have been spreading the Pikmin love on Miiverse and I expect others to buy it over time.

Assuming Pikmin got around 8K sales, I'm a bit disappointed in all the Wii U owners that didn't pick it up. Here's the first decent first party title game and you let it slide?!

Hope it has legs. NintendoLand not charting isn't exactly a surprise.

All the UK Wii U owners did pick it up :p

*shot*

I'm more than impressed with Luigi's Mansion 2 continuing it's climb back up charts.

If anything, I think Miiverse actually helps some games, especially those that people are unsure of. You ask about the game, people reply with their impressions and you add it to your to-buy list.

A lot of people have been spreading the Pikmin love on Miiverse and I expect others to buy it over time.

A huge success worldwide which nobody predicted. Its an evergreen title where new 3DS owners will pick it up.

Pikmin looks brilliant and I can't wait to play it. But, it's about as niche as they come. It's the type of game that Nintendo does well. It's charming, it's quirky, but with an edge. However, it won't sell in great numbers. It'll sell as well as it can, but it's not going to be some sort of Wii U saviour.

When I play Pikmin, it feels like an indie game. That's not a slight at indie games or Pikmin because it's a really good game. Guess, I'm saying it doesn't feel like an 'event' game (by 'event' I kind of mean a 'AAA' game, but I hate that term).

When I play Pikmin, it feels like an indie game. That's not a slight at indie games or Pikmin because it's a really good game. Guess, I'm saying it doesn't feel like an 'event' game (by 'event' I kind of mean a 'AAA' game, but I hate that term).

Pikmin is a very niche Nintendo franchise. The only reason people are making a big deal is because it's the first piece of software in what is only hoped to be the great recovery

Pikmin is a very niche Nintendo franchise. The only reason people are making a big deal is because it's the first piece of software in what is only hoped to be the great recovery

Thats right. Wonderful 101 will suffer the same fate with people expecting too much.

Thats right. Wonderful 101 will suffer the same fate with people expecting too much.

Wonderful 101 is a new IP. While you may be right, it's illogical to make such statements

Well the Nintendo sales figures have started to trickle out and so far i've seen this.

From April-June this is what we have got for the Wii U.

90k from Japan

60k from North America

10k from Other

Yikes

137177736222894klu.gif

To be fair, that quarter had ZERO releases for the Wii U

Next quarter will hopefully see something as it includes Pikmin, Wonderful 101 and a few third party games

Operating loss is severely reduced from last year. Nintendo still turned an overall profit in the quarter.

It could be worse for them, but they NEED to do something

To be fair, that quarter had ZERO releases for the Wii U

Next quarter will hopefully see something as it includes Pikmin, Wonderful 101 and a few third party games

And who's fault is that then?

The good news is that they still turned a profit but at this point it's purely the 3DS that are keeping them in the green.

And who's fault is that then?

The good news is that they still turned a profit but at this point it's purely the 3DS that are keeping them in the green.

Absolutely theirs, yes.

However, people are misinterpreting this to be the first quarter of the console's turnaround, when that'll be the one which we get details of in October

However, people are misinterpreting this to be the first quarter of the console's turnaround, when that'll be the one which we get details of in October

I imagine we will see much better figures come October ( can't get much worse, right? ) but whether they will have a significant impact remains to be seen.

10k for the rest of the world is abysmal though. I wonder how many of those were sold in the UK?

I imagine we will see much better figures come October ( can't get much worse, right? ) but whether they will have a significant impact remains to be seen.

10k for the rest of the world is abysmal though. I wonder how many of those were sold in the UK?

None because no retailer sells it, and then complains that it doesn't sell

None because no retailer sells it, and then complains that it doesn't sell

Toys R Us, Smyths, HMV, Grainger Games and GAME do. Well that's to say they have it for sale, whether they sell it or not is another matter. :D

Toys R Us, Smyths, HMV, Grainger Games and GAME do. Well that's to say they have it for sale, whether they sell it or not is another matter. :D

We can't under-estimate the value of supermarket sales. So many consoles and games are actually bought there, and considering none of them ever embraced the Wii U, it's not surprising that sales aren't that good

We can't under-estimate the value of supermarket sales. So many consoles and games are actually bought there, and considering none of them ever embraced the Wii U, it's not surprising that sales aren't that good

I totally agree but Nintendo have not only got to get the customers on board and make them want to buy the product but retailers as well. For what ever reason the supermarkets just haven't jumped on board and it's Nintendo's job to get them involved.

I dunno, maybe the supermarkets are a little dubious and sour after the Wii was essentially dropped for it's last 2 years of it's life and were stuck with a bunch of unwanted stock? Maybe there was little interest in the Wii U leading up to launch?

I totally agree but Nintendo have not only got to get the customers on board and make them want to buy the product but retailers as well. For what ever reason the supermarkets just haven't jumped on board and it's Nintendo's job to get them involved.

I dunno, maybe the supermarkets are a little dubious and sour after the Wii was essentially dropped for it's last 2 years of it's life and were stuck with a bunch of unwanted stock? Maybe there was little interest in the Wii U leading up to launch?

Probably a combination of factors.

Nintendo are ramping up the marketing machine. Not a day goes by where I don't see at least 3 Pikmin adverts on TV at the moment. The Wii U sponsored the Tour du France. They're getting awareness out there. It's just going to be a gradual, and modest, turnaround.

The console will never do high numbers, but in the long run it will be profitable and do decently.

The gifs on Gaf have begun.

I love this one purely because I love the film. It was one of my favs as a kid. That and I also find it funny. :D

wiiu-dies-in-the-swamxdu1e.gif

It's staggering to think that Nintendo have essentially blew the year long head start they have had.

We also need to factor in the fact that they overshipped the Wii U in the previous quarter, so these shipments are lower due to the retailers going through those

We also need to factor in the fact that they overshipped the Wii U in the previous quarter, so these shipments are lower due to the retailers going through those

And also the heatwaves! :D