NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Helmsly

Disney Infinity

I'm still intrigued by the concept. Would totally be in this if it were Classic Disney, like Epic Mickey (which I completely loved style wise!)

Hope the sequel will be Marvel and not Star Wars!

@Hero\-of\-Time One final question. I promise :) How do the playlets open up on the game, are they already on the disk, or does it download them once you activate them?!

Haha. I don't mind.

As soon as you put the crystal on the Infinity board the game will give you the option to jump into that world. No need to download stuff.

I'm still intrigued by the concept. Would totally be in this if it were Classic Disney, like Epic Mickey (which I completely loved style wise!)

Hope the sequel will be Marvel and not Star Wars!

Rumour has it that it will be both Marvel and Star Wars stuff in the next one. Man, my wallet is going to take such a beating when they arrive.

Still, if I get all the statues on this one then at least I get to play with a lightsaber. :)

So it's all on disc DLC?! That's a bit... cheeky :)

Flubit have said they'll sell me the starter pack for £32... Seems rude not to :)

I started the Toy Story set last night. It's alright, but it doesn't seem as good as the previous sets i've played.

You start off in a small area and despite playing for a couple of hours it has yet to expand. Most of the missions are given by the little 3 eyed aliens from the films. You also have to rebuild their town by buying buildings and then placing them in the area. One of the buildings is a Space Ranger course for Buzz, which is hosted by General Zurg. :D

I was initially running around with only the Pixar ball to use as a weapon but have now found a Space Blaster. This unlocked a bunch of challenges as did buying Bullseye.

I started the Toy Story set last night. It's alright, but it doesn't seem as good as the previous sets i've played.

You start off in a small area and despite playing for a couple of hours it has yet to expand. Most of the missions are given by the little 3 eyed aliens from the films. You also have to rebuild their town by buying buildings and then placing them in the area. One of the buildings is a Space Ranger course for Buzz, which is hosted by General Zurg. :D

I was initially running around with only the Pixar ball to use as a weapon but have now found a Space Blaster. This unlocked a bunch of challenges as did buying Bullseye.

I've bought the starter and toy story set so shame about that. Going to get the sidekicks pack too and try and convince my girlfriend to play with me. I need kids....

Still cant believe you have to buy characters to play multiplayer! Insane.

I've bought the starter and toy story set so shame about that. Going to get the sidekicks pack too and try and convince my girlfriend to play with me. I need kids....

If you want kids then maybe you should be trying to convince her to do something else...:D

Still cant believe you have to buy characters to play multiplayer! Insane.
It's not really, I mean the idea of Skylanders and Disney Infinity is really that you want to collect these characters. It would be the same with a Nintendo one, people would be all over the characters and maybe even swapping and trading things. It's a community game.

They sell you the single player experience and then it's up to you.

So I've ended my spending and bought the Starter pack (£32), Toy Story set (£16) and 3 figures (£17) - mike, Mrs Incredible and Davy Jones (to play multiplayer...). Blame you entirely @Hero\-of\-Time... though pretty cheap (Gamestop have 3 for 2 and £8 each).

Annoyingly the Argos in Lincoln doesn't have the ones I want or I'd have got 3 more - Woody, Ralph and Scorcerer Mickey... Probably for the best though. It's a lot of money for something I don't even want :D Just mildly curious!

So I've ended my spending and bought the Starter pack (£32), Toy Story set (£16) and 3 figures (£17) - mike, Mrs Incredible and Davy Jones (to play multiplayer...). Blame you entirely @Hero\-of\-Time... though pretty cheap (Gamestop have 3 for 2 and £8 each).

I knew i'd get the blame! :D

I played some more of the Toy Story world last night. Here's a quick pic.

0qhxEyyMXVR0

It gets very tedious trying to do everything. The main missions aren't that bad but the side missions are a killer due to how repetitive they are. The little aliens keep giving you missions like finding a missing friend or putting a different costume on them. I've lost count how many time these requests have come up and it certainly feels like padding.

It wasn't all bad though. I unlocked a couple of rocket packs for the characters last night. This made it so much easier to get around the area, with one allowing me to fly around at the height i'm at and the other allowing me to shoot up into the sky and hover back down to the ground.

I may end up finishing it tonight. I think I have a few more story missions to do and then the odd challenges here and there to mop up before I can then move on to a different Disney world.

Oh, @dazzybee here's those vaults I was on about that require all the characters to unlock.

4QgaZf2H7XAI

Toy story sounds a bit rubbish. Lone ranger sounds the best but can't find it cheap. Are any of the starter ones really good.

Those vaults seem so cynical to me, the whole game does actually. Just a little excessive in making you spend stupid amounts of money. But I can see as a kid how it would be amazing. Looking forward to it though.

Edited by dazzybee
Automerged Doublepost

Toy story sounds a bit rubbish. Lone ranger sounds the best but can't find it cheap. Are any of the starter ones really good.
Yes Pirates, do keep up Dazzy :p

I started and fully finished the Monsters University playset over the weekend. I really enjoyed it, even though most people said this one of the weaker sets. They was plenty of variety and it didn't seem to drag out like the Toy Story one.

I started the Cars set soon after I finished the MU one. Its alright but it's kinda short, although they have padded it out massively. I've finished all the missions but there are a bunch of challenges to do. All of these are just races and you have to repeat them 3 times each. I have about another 10 left to do but had call it a day as it was getting too boring. I will keep picking at them before I started my final playset.

The Argos ended today so on Saturday I nipped up to my local branch and scored a bunch of figures. I took the slip to the counter and the wifey on the till started putting them in the computer. She asked if it was someones birthday and were all of these for that person. I simply said no and that they were for me. She couldn't believe it and said "Seriously?" I said "Of course" and she kinda just looked at me and shook her head. Stupid slag! Felt like hopping the counter and smacking her between those judgmental eyes of hers.

I started and fully finished the Monsters University playset over the weekend. I really enjoyed it, even though most people said this one of the weaker sets. They was plenty of variety and it didn't seem to drag out like the Toy Story one.

I started the Cars set soon after I finished the MU one. Its alright but it's kinda short, although they have padded it out massively. I've finished all the missions but there are a bunch of challenges to do. All of these are just races and you have to repeat them 3 times each. I have about another 10 left to do but had call it a day as it was getting too boring. I will keep picking at them before I started my final playset.

The Argos ended today so on Saturday I nipped up to my local branch and scored a bunch of figures. I took the slip to the counter and the wifey on the till started putting them in the computer. She asked if it was someones birthday and were all of these for that person. I simply said no and that they were for me. She couldn't believe it and said "Seriously?" I said "Of course" and she kinda just looked at me and shook her head. Stupid slag! Felt like hopping the counter and smacking her between those judgmental eyes of hers.

Awesome stuff. Glad you are still making your way through it. ARGOS staff...their opinion doesn't mean anything.

My figures have arrived at my office. Just waiting for starter pack and toy story play set then it's getting sent :)

Affine sees a Lone Ranger bargain please post it!

I finished the Cars playset last night. Man, the final 10 or so races ( having to do each of them 3 times is crazy ) took it out of me. Thank goodness for off TV play as I was able to have Big Bang Theory playing in the background to help keep things light. :D

I'm not sure if I will start my final playset yet as i'm a little burned out. I'm interested to see what kind of play time i've put into this once everything is done and dusted. I've got the final playset to do, the feats and challenges in the Toy Box, leveling up all the characters to the max ( easy done using the floating car method ) and then each of the characters individual challenges in Toy Box.

Yeah, this gonna take some time still....

I finished the Cars playset last night. Man, the final 10 or so races ( having to do each of them 3 times is crazy ) took it out of me. Thank goodness for off TV play as I was able to have Big Bang Theory playing in the background to help keep things light. :D

I'm not sure if I will start my final playset yet as i'm a little burned out. I'm interested to see what kind of play time i've put into this once everything is done and dusted. I've got the final playset to do, the feats and challenges in the Toy Box, leveling up all the characters to the max ( easy done using the floating car method ) and then each of the characters individual challenges in Toy Box.

Yeah, this gonna take some time still....

So at first you loved it. Now after some serious time what's your verdict? All my stuff has arrived and now winging its way to Paris!! :)

So at first you loved it. Now after some serious time what's your verdict? All my stuff has arrived and now winging its way to Paris!! :)

Nah, I still love it. The only issue is the way that certain playsets are padded out to increase their playtime. Both Toy Story and Cars playsets use the sidemissions as a way to increase the games length and feel like a chore at times. All the other playsets have been fantastic to play.

My figures have arrived at my office. Just waiting for starter pack and toy story play set then it's getting sent :)

Affine sees a Lone Ranger bargain please post it!

The play sets are £14.99 at Game at the moment, instore and online.

My parcel finally arrived!

13537543675_fa816b15a1_o.jpg

Ordered the Lone Ranger set too!

Dammit. Just bought 3 more figures too - Mickey sorcerer, Ralph and woody... On a game series I'm not even sure I'll like... :)

Edited by dazzybee

Nice haul there, Dazzy. Now watch as you find the game boring! :D

I snapped up another figure the other day.

image_zps9e590d3b.jpg

It seems a few places must have got a new shipment in of Jack, so I jumped at the chance to pick him up.

Nice haul there, Dazzy. Now watch as you find the game boring! :D

I snapped up another figure the other day.

image_zps9e590d3b.jpg

It seems a few places must have got a new shipment in of Jack, so I jumped at the chance to pick him up.

How much you pay for him? And where? I'm going to dive into the game tonight and me and my girlfriend are going to play 2 player this weekend, looking forward to it.

How much you pay for him? And where? I'm going to dive into the game tonight and me and my girlfriend are going to play 2 player this weekend, looking forward to it.

Just over a tenner on Amazon.

Just over a tenner on Amazon.

Oh god... And cars play set is cheap on there... Surely I can't spend more money.... Is cars any good?

Sign in to follow this