NEurope
Serebii

Mario Kart Direct

I don't tend to talk when in battles/races, too focussed on achieving a victory.

THIS.

And actually taking minds out of cruise-control and THINKING about it, I wouldn't mind if they had this approach for SSB.

Talk in the lobby beating up the sandbag, then get biz-zay.

We're starting to sound like childish gluttons for every possible feature... or else it fails.

Overall, brilliant. Good and bad.

Awful American voice over actors and presentation. Still it's only a Direct, it won't affect the game.

Looks amazing, sounds amazing and will be tonnes of fun.

Stupid decision regarding voice chat. At least it's there in some form.

Brilliant promotion in the free game giveaway. I'm getting Pikmin 3. The bundle is overpriced though.

Very much looking forward to this now.

Watch the British version!

Damn it, it's too late I watched the American one earlier. I knew there had to be a European Direct. Anybody that feels like being annoyed? Watch this:

Looks nuts! Nice to see Konno address the concerns about Bikes VS Karts (and to see him admit the obvious thing that Bikes were wayyyy overpowered in MK Wii!) and show how anti-gravity does shake up the gameplay significantly :)

That boost you get from hitting eachother is going to be most interesting in the League, because we are all so good we sometimes cluster together.

Not including voice chat within the race is taking the piss. Why make a decision not to include it?

The free game though is good :)

they're doing you a favour mate, all we'd hear from you is "wait for me"

they're doing you a favour mate, all we'd hear from you is "wait for me"

Hahahahaha!! He says!!!

Can't wait to see you reclaim your spot in the league...

Last.

Bmd-rypIgAALOFM.png:large

AWESOME! Most excited about the company I've been since WW HD itself was announced. Nintendo has got it going on at the moment, I tell thee!

The tournament customisation is unreal. Wish you could do individual weapons though... But you can pretty much do full on leagues in there with set numbers of matches, certainly something for lostmario to consider for new league ideas, little mini champions league....

I'm not too fussed about race VC, but can see how it's annoying, but at least there's some chat, it's more than we were expecting. Overall, the game looks stunning!

Surprised there was no mention of dlc... Guess it won't be coming :(

Pink Gold Peach is scary as fuck!

What's with the Metal Mario, Gold Mario, Gold Peach obsession.... :confused:

Looks joyous...what about battle mode though?

Also... :heh:

imagezyjtv.jpg

Battle Mode is odd

It doesn't have unique courses but takes 8 of the standard courses and has you battle within them

The tournament customisation is unreal. Wish you could do individual weapons though... But you can pretty much do full on leagues in there with set numbers of matches, certainly something for lostmario to consider for new league ideas, little mini champions league....

I'm not too fussed about race VC, but can see how it's annoying, but at least there's some chat, it's more than we were expecting. Overall, the game looks stunning!

Surprised there was no mention of dlc... Guess it won't be coming :(

They may hold off until the game is out to announce DLC...

Hope so :)

Yeah battle ode is weird, but sounds good still. But I don't want teams... I want every one for themsleves....

Awesome I still haven't bought The W101.

QcgS8zg.png

Thank you, Nintendo!

Shits the bed.

Mario Kart 8 looks SENSATIONAL :yay:

I've been having some trouble with my bank card recently but I think now is the time to finally get onto ShopTo and get this ordered :hehe:

My favourite part of the Nintendo Direct was watching them all play music, particularly when the title screen music of Super Mario Kart was worked into the Mario Kart 8 theme : peace: AWESOME :bouncy:

Dat Offer! Looks like I'll finally get myself some Pikmin 3.

As for voice chat. Meh I'm not too bothered it's not happening during races. Would of been nice to have it but everything else looks grand.

Looking forward to this much more now. I had only a fleeting interest in it before this.

Dat Offer! Looks like I'll finally get myself some Pikmin 3..

The offer is excellent, but I already have everything in the top row and don't honestly fancy any of the remaining games :blank:

It could be an opportunity to try The Wonderful 101, but given recent feelings I made known in another thread about feeling a little intimidated by my backlog and, more specifically, disliking digital games that I can't really get rid of if I'm not fond of them, I'm not sure if I'd actually be comfortable with going with it :eek:

Nintendo Land is probably one of those games that I'd actually like to be on my console at all times but it would seem silly to waste such an offer on a game I already own physically, whilst I'm too unconvinced of the quality of Wii Party U to commit to having that on my home screen :heh:

Ultimately, it'll either be Nintendo Land, Wii Party U, The Wonderful 101 or maybe even Sonic Lost World. I would have loved to see Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze on the list too but you can't really have any complaints about this generous offer!

Hang on a second... there won't be dedicated battle mode courses? WTF!?! That can't be right surely.

I haven't used the built in voice chat for a game in forever. Skype all the way.

My free game will probably be Pikmin 3, it's the only one of those I don't already have/want.

Voice chat only when in the lobby, I'm happy with that. That is really going to help to organise the groups on league nights.

Really impressed with the online options.

Oh and don't forget...

XS7zg8w.jpg

Fuuuuuck, that free game is pretty damn tempting DX

But I can't believe there are some defending not being able to chat during a race. I have this magical, revolutionary idea of being able to mute people who are annoying and unpleasant right, imagine how much it could change online ga- OH WAIT, Nintendo is the only one to not offer this.

God dommit Nintendo, you do this to me every time. Fantastic news, gets me hyped and then there's always the "but" that comes afterwards.

But I can't believe there are some defending not being able to chat during a race. I have this magical, revolutionary idea of being able to mute people who are annoying and unpleasant right, imagine how much it could change online ga- OH WAIT, Nintendo is the only one to not offer this.

God dommit Nintendo, you do this to me every time. Fantastic news, gets me hyped and then there's always the "but" that comes afterwards.

There's no excuse for it really :(

But yes, free game. Get Wind Waker into my veins.

@lostmario....count me in on that league!

Edited by Goron_3

Just get the bloody game :p Lack of voice chat in races surely isn't that much of a dealbreaker.

Wii Party U for me, a bit of a meh choice but I already have NintendoLand, Mario, Zelda, Pikmin and W101. Maybe Sonic I guess.

As for MK8, the battle mode courses just being regular tracks is really really disappointing. I can understand lots of bitching about that, it sounds terrible. Especially if the item blocks are in the same grouped locations. You'll just have players setting up camp over an item block and waiting. I was really looking forward to some retro SNES battle tracks :(