NEurope
Sprout

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Online Meet Up Thread

eDoDhbK.png

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

NOTICE: The most recent patch version for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is version 1.0.8. This patch is required to continue using the online features to the game, so you will be unable to go online without it. Make sure you have enough space on your Wii U to download it!

It's been a long wait, but Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is finally here! If you have a copy of the game, why not arrange some matches with some of our other lovely members and also RedShell if you feel like humouring him.

It is probably recommended to arrange your matches in this thread instead of using this games messaging service, as all messaging someone does is send a message to their Miiverse. Miiverse can't even be checked whilst playing online in Smash, which can make this pretty unreliable, particularly if certain users don't check Miiverse very often. Also, try to arrange a time for matches in advance if you can, as you are more likely to get a match this way than if you were to just open a room spontaneously!

Nintendo Network IDs (NNID)

When providing your NNID, please also provide the account (Mii) name. This will make it easier for people to identify you when playing the game. If you would like to be added to the list, make a post in this thread with your details and add in an @Sprout to your message so I notice it. I'll, um, try to keep the list updated when I can. That secretly means whenever I feel like updating the list.

To add somebody to your Friend List, you can either:

• Go to your Friend List and select Register Friend. Enter their NNID and wait for them to do the same.
  • Go to Miiverse and select Activity Feed. In the top right of the GamePad screen there is a Search Users button. Tap that and search the NNID of the person you want to add. Once at their profile, tap the Register Friend button to send them a friend request. You can include a message, too!

Of the two, Miiverse is probably the better way to add friends. It's also a good idea to let people know when you've added them here, just in case they don't check their Wii U too often.

List of NNIDs

The format of this list is n-europe Username - Nintendo Network ID - Mii/Account Name

Alak - HellCookie - Andreas

Cube - DJcube - Cube

dazzybee - DarrenBolton - Darren

-Dem0- - Dem0.U - -Dem0-

DuD - MaBex11 - Matt

EEVILMURRAY - EEVILDerek - ???

f00had - BrockJames - Foo

Foxfear - DocChaos007 - ???

Jimbob - Jimbob-NE - Jimbob

Gizmo - Gizmo54 - Mike

Glen-i - Glen-i - Glen-i

martinist - Martinist - Martinist

Mokong - MokongX3M - Mokong

Mr-Paul - paulmuchmore - Paul

/ nando / - nekunando - Greg

Nintendo Fan - Retrolover - Ninty K

Phube - Phubey - ???

RedShell - RedShell - RedShell

Rummy - Rumdumcious - Rummy

Sprout - Maidens - Maidens

The Peeps - The_Peeps - The Peeps

Unlockables

Whilst you do start off with a large number of fighters and stages, there are some that have been hidden away, and must be unlocked in order to be used. If you want to have access to everything for your online battles, you can find the unlock criteria for such things below. Note that this unlock criteria is specifically for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and Super Smash Bros. for 3DS may have different unlock criteria for certain fighters.

• You only need to clear one condition for each character in order to face them in a 1 Stock Battle. If you win, you will unlock that character. If you fail, simply win a Smash Battle or successfully complete any mode and you will get a rematch with that character.
  • Online Battles should count towards your Smash Battle count, but keep in mind that even if you reach the required number of Smash Battles, you won't get challenged by that fighter until you win an Offline Smash Battle.

Falco

• Play 10 Smash Battles OR
  • Complete Classic on any intensity level

Wario

• Play 20 Smash Battles OR
  • Complete 100-Man Smash

Lucina

• Play 30 Smash Battles OR
  • Complete Classic at an intensity level of 5.5 or higher

Dark Pit

• Play 40 Smash Battles OR
  • Complete All-Star on Normal difficulty or higher

Dr. Mario

• Play 50 Smash Battles OR
  • Complete a Master Orders Ticket with a Hard difficulty or higher

R.O.B.

• Play 60 Smash Battles OR
  • Complete Crazy Orders after fighting 10 or more battles

Mr. Game & Watch

• Play 80 Smash Battles OR
  • Complete Classic 5 times on any intensity level

Duck Hunt Duo

• Play 100 Smash Battles OR
  • Get at least 1 KO in a game of Cruel Man Smash

Kongo Jungle 64

• Complete the Solo Event "The Original Heavyweights"

Smashville

• Complete the Solo Event "Playing Tricks"

Pokémon Stadium 2

• Complete the Solo Event "When Lightning Strikes"

Flat Zone X

• As Mr. Game & Watch, get a chain of 100 in a single run of Trophy Rush

Duck Hunt

• Get at least 1 KO in a game of Cruel Man Smash

Pac-Land

• Play on all 3 maps in Smash Tour

Victini

• Complete All-Star on any difficulty

Meloetta

• As Lucario, complete Solo All-Star on Normal difficulty or higher

The majority of Custom Special Moves are unlocked randomly as you play the various modes of Smash Bros., but there are some which have specific unlock requirements. These are listed below:

Accele-Reflector (Falco)

• As Falco, get a chain of 150 or higher in Solo Trophy Rush

Bow of Guidance (Dark Pit)

• As Dark Pit, get a score of 25 or higher in a game or Solo Rival Smash

Dashing Assault (Marth)

• Complete the Solo Event "The Falcion's Seal" on Normal difficulty or higher

Dire Hydrant (Pac-Man)

• Score at least 200000 points in a single game of Target Blast on Stage 2

Exploding Popgun (Diddy Kong)

• Score at least 150000 points in a single game of Target Blast on Stage 1

Ripping Boomerang (Link)

• As Link, score 50 KOs or more in Solo Endless Smash

Rock Hurl (Charizard)

• As Charizard, get a score of 100m (328ft) or more in Solo Home-Run Contest without using the bat

Tornado Hold (Mega Man)

• As Mega Man, complete a Master Orders Ticket

Videos

Here you'll find some footage of matches from fellow members of n-europe. If you would like to contribute with a video of your own, feel free to post it in this thread!

Tips

These are just some quick tidbits that may help you enjoy smashing online a little more.

How do I customise my Online Profile and Taunt Messages?

You can change these in Internet Options, which can be found in the Options menu (via Games & More). Your profile icon and message (up to 16 characters) can be changed, as well as the messages you use when taunting. Each taunt can have up to two lines of 8 characters (up to 16 characters total), so keep that in mind when you're coming up with taunts.

How do I use a Name?

If you don't use a name whilst playing online, during a match you will simply show up as P1, P2, P3 or P4. To use a name, tap on the little icon below your character portrait in the bottom right corner that looks like a pen and paper.

I46ldoO.png

From here, you can use an existing name or input a new one.

By the way, with each name you can assign your own custom controls. You can do this either via Options (found in Games and More) or Smash (where you choose between Smash, 8-Player Smash or Special Smash).

Who decides the Rules of each match?

When playing With Friends, the rules of the first match are determined by the host. The rules for subsequent matches can be changed by whoever came in last place in the previous match.

How is Item Choice and Stage Choice determined?

The game will randomly pick one of the player's item settings and one of the player's stage choices every match. You can only change your item settings online if you were in last position in the previous match (or in the first match's case, if you are the host), so it's a good idea to check your item settings before you come online to make sure they are set to your liking.

Can I use Custom Stages online?

Yes you can! But make sure you thoroughly test your stage before using it online so that it looks and functions in the way you want it to. Go ahead and get creative!

In Stock Team Battles, how do I use Share Stock?

To use Share Stock, you must press A+B on your controller (this applies to all control schemes) after you have depleted all of your lives. However, you cannot use Share Stock if your team mate only has one life remaining!

world_w_01.gif

Happy Smashing!

Edited by Sprout

Was gonna add myself to this. But you took initiative! Go you!

I don't actually have the game yet. Because my local shop understands the concept of a street date.

If all goes well, I'll be picking it up tomorrow.

Put me in the list! I'll be online tonight, playing my thumbs off! Is it easier to add people using Miiverse with friend requests, or is it just a easy to just add them in the friend list? Will the ones I add get a notification then, as in the Miiverse?

Alak - HellCookie - Andreas

Edit: gonna be adding all who is on the list when I get home from work in about three hours, just so that we get an easy way to game later on.

Edit02: Good initiative, @Sprout! Would've thanked your post if I could ;D.

Edited by ArtMediocre

I've gone ahead and added a bunch of unlock conditions for characters, stages and Poké Ball Pokémon to the first post incase anyone is having trouble there (kinda doubtful but hey, I'm a helper).

Remember to download the online patch when it's available!

EDIT 1: I've also added some instructions on how to add each other as friends to the Nintendo Network ID section, just in case.

EDIT 2: The online patch is now available to download. Go get it on your Wii U!

Edited by Sprout

I'll update the first post of the thread a little later, but I'll say it here too. Whilst it was nice for the developers to include it in the game, I wouldn't recommend using the in-game messaging service. All it does is send a message to you via Miiverse, which you can't read whilst online in Smash. It's much better to use this thread to arrange games with other members (preferably in advance). Also, apologies to @Alak for not responding to your Miiverse messages, which is why I'm writing this in the first place.

Now I'm gonna ignore what I just said about arranging things in advance and open a room now in the hope that someone enters by, say, 9pm UK time. If you're on my Friend List, join me maybe! Remember, it's Saturday night, so something is probably going on on those Animal Crossing stages right now...

EDIT: Well that went as expected. =I

I'll be sticking around though playing and whatnot, so if anyone wants to play, let me know! Here. In the thread. Yes.

*insert forever alone picture of your choosing here*

Edited by Sprout

@Mr\-Paul: Friend Request accepted and room open! Hooray for friendship!

Oh, and if anyone else wants to join, feel free!

Great games tonight! So much fun!

Sprout, you're too good. Almost every time it came down to the wire, you'd come out on top. I did better you a couple of times, though :)

Totally lag free as well. Thanks for the games @Sprout and whoever it was that joined us later on. Defo need to get more people involved and have some 4 player N-E action!

Great games tonight! So much fun!

Sprout, you're too good. Almost every time it came down to the wire, you'd come out on top. I did better you a couple of times, though :)

Totally lag free as well. Thanks for the games Sprout and whoever it was that joined us later on. Defo need to get more people involved and have some 4 player N-E action!

Agreed, last night was fun (though it was a shame K.K. Slider didn't turn up for whatever reason)! There were a number of funny moments, but I think my favourite last night was Pit vs. Diddy Kong on Palutena's Temple. I finally managed to use that Palutena's Guidance taunt whilst in sudden death, and then you managed to kill me right as Palutena was saying "Don't underestimate him just because he's a monkey." =P

We need some 4 player free-for-alls, N-E! I'll probably be up for opening a room again today, maybe 8pm UK time again, so if anyone is up for it, come on in this thread and typey typey! It's okay, don't be shy.

Agreed, last night was fun (though it was a shame K.K. Slider didn't turn up for whatever reason)! There were a number of funny moments, but I think my favourite last night was Pit vs. Diddy Kong on Palutena's Temple. I finally managed to use that Palutena's Guidance taunt whilst in sudden death, and then you managed to kill me right as Palutena was saying "Don't underestimate him just because he's a monkey." =P

We need some 4 player free-for-alls, N-E! I'll probably be up for opening a room again today, maybe 8pm UK time again, so if anyone is up for it, come on in this thread and typey typey! It's okay, don't be shy.

That was a brilliant match. A game of cat and mouse (or monkey and angel) around a temple that really is a too big stage for two people! I saved the replay of that one, has this got the YT upload feature of Mario Kart or not?

I should be around for 8 tonight :)

Sure I might turn up I guess @Sprout... martinist - Martinist - Martinist

Edited by martinist

I saved the replay of that one, has this got the YT upload feature of Mario Kart or not?
Unfortunately, there currently isn't a share feature for this game... yet. @Mr\-Paul, if there is nobody else around online, then I'll happily drop out and let you have a go! It would require you to have the other three players as friends though, depending on who becomes the host after I left... Edited by Sprout

@Sprout I have added you.

I see some N-E members online but I can't seem to join them.

I'll have to drop out to add you. Currently mid-match. Bear with me!

EDIT 1: @Tales, You're added now. If you're friends with RedShell, you can join the game I was just in, or I can make a new room. Your call. Orrr welsh_gamer can just sneak in that room instead. I'll make a room.

Edited by Sprout

I can't get in a room :( I see both your's and RedShell's rooms, but both are full. Thanks for the offer Sprout but I'm not friends with whoever else in in your room! Hopefully a spot will come up at some point, playing some classic mode in the meantime!

How do I get my name over the character?

Highlight your name (below "Player #"), and you can input a new name, or use one you've already set.

Sorry about this @Mr\-Paul, lots of uninvited guests tonight! Keep an eye out for drop-outs, ok?

Sorry @\-Dem0\-: I just saw your bro's Miiverse message, tell him I'm sorry I didn't respond (because you can't view these messages whilst playing online). Get him in this thread too if he's interested in taking part!

Edited by Sprout

My free time shifts around unfortunately, I'll keep an eye on this thread whenever I'm around though :)

That was fun. Can't believe I actually won a match, and more than once :p