NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Very good price but I'll wait for the reviews. There's still so much unknown about the game. No in game voice chat, no buy.

Does the Hot Blaster come with voice chat? If it doesn't I'm not buying this game

Does the Hot Blaster come with voice chat? If it doesn't I'm not buying this game

Do you realise that every time you complain about complaining, everyone starts to complain about people complaining about complaining?

*awaits other complaints*

Do you realise that every time you complain about complaining, everyone starts to complain about people complaining about complaining?

*awaits other complaints*

Dear Rummy,

I am writing to complain about your unfounded and absolutely atrocious presumption that I would complain about people complaining about people complaining.

You think you know me, but you don't and that is utterly unacceptable. Naughty step!

I want you to make a public apology on BBC news in exactly 1 hour from now.

I will accept no substitute, unless that substitute is a 50 pound note or a Greninja amiibo.

Yours angrily,

Glen-i

Gutted really, I was hoping this would be a full priced release.

Uhhhh... Why?

Uhhhh... Why?

Budget price = smaller game. I was hoping this would be a full priced release filled with content and a long meaty single player. Obviously that doesn't mean a budget release can't be amazing (see Captain Toad), but it tempers my expectations in terms of content a little bit.

Great news Ronnie, you can pre-order it for £45 at GAME. What a time to be alive.

I chuckled, and then I got confused.

So is this GAME being unfairly greedy or the other companies being overly generous?

Because if GAME aren't being greedy (OK, they are greedy, but work with me), then that means this isn't a budget title?

I assume it means GAME just haven't updated their price yet. Why would other online retailers lower their price to £25 just for the hell of it.

For Sub-£30 I can certainly be tempted. I wonder if they'll do a demo of this at all - that'd be a good move in my books. Wouldn't say it's terribly budget-esque either - TGC have both Kirby and solus Mario Party 10 pre-orderable for £27(similar story at GameSeek), and they're not even currently stocking Captain Toad. Call me cynical but I might say it's related to being a new IP and these retailers possibly having struggled with WiiU sales in the past. The interesting thing is that they surely must still be making money though - so I wonder just how much the games set them out.

[TWEET]579969519742951424[/TWEET]

"This weapon is the ‘Splacharger’.

By compressing ink in the weapon’s tank, it is capable of long-range shots and to hit your opponents with powerful blows.

It takes time to charge these strong shots, so you will need to learn to use your sub-weapon effectively."

[TWEET]579969647094542337[/TWEET]

"Our researchers have obtained video of the Splacharger in action.

Please take a look.

To master this weapon, it seems as though you will need to develop an intuition for how long the charge takes."

Edited by Wii

Dated May 22 for Europe here. This is the same store that earlier today posted a release date for Yoshi's Woolly World.

Ranked matches will come post launch.

Nintendo has detailed its plan for ranked multiplayer battles in Splatoon -- its upcoming third-person shooter coming to Wii U this May.

Ranked Battles will focus purely on objective gametypes, but Nintendo specified it would be released post-launch. In order to unlock the ability to play ranked battle, a player will have to obtain level 10 in online Turf Wars, the regular battle mode shown when Splatoon debuted at E3 2104.

“Once you reach level 10, you’ll be able to play Ranked Battles,” a Nintendo representative told IGN at a recent hands-on event. “However, we’ll be watching the global progress of how many people reach level 10 and, once that’s hit a certain threshold, we’ll turn that on for everyone to play.”

"Nintendo might be making the most exciting online shooter in years" - great headline from Eurogamer

GameXplain have tweeted that Nintendo have confirmed that there will be no voice chat in the game at all.

There goes all my interest in the game, I'll not bother buying it now. Gutted. :(

GameXplain have tweeted that Nintendo have confirmed that there will be no voice chat in the game at all.

There goes all my interest in the game, I'll not bother buying it now. Gutted. :(

Seriously?

*shakes head in dismay*

EDIT: Just seen it myself. Good job, Nintendo. You make an online shooter and don't give us the option to talk to our team. Fantastic.