NEurope
Wii

Yooka-Laylee

This is one of the first Kickstarters i've backed, it's making me feel excited like a little kid at Christmas. That music snipped though, that sold it to me.

Just pledged £55 (around the price that an N64 game cost back in the day; for that true retro feel!)

My first ever Kickstarter I've backed! : peace:

Lots of people loved it in Banjo-Tooie and DK64.

I did!! BT's multiplayer was great!

Still play it on a semi-regular basis! Great fun! :D

Edited by Dcubed

£665,000 and another target has been passed. I was thinking it's late here and it'll slow right down it's still only 3-6p.m. in the States.

My first ever Kickstarter I've backed! : peace:

Same. :)

The speed at which this kickstarter has surpassed goals will hopefully make both Nintendo and Microsoft take note. Oldschool Nintendo/Rare fans have grown up and have a lot of nostalgia and disposable income!

Incredible. The big players are morons for not releasing more 3D platformers and this could not be a more satisfying way to shine a light on the egg on their faces.

This will be my first Kickstarter too.

Kevin Bayliss, one of the ex-Rare artists, is marrying one of my friends, it's how I found out about the game and why I made the initial post in the General Gaming Thread. He's a really nice guy, does great work too!

I pledged £30.

Edited by Kav

It's my first time backing a project as well. Did the £15 pledge for the digital console version. Could be one of the last games on the Wii U by the time of its release in October 2016..

It is irksome that we've to pledge £5 more for the console version.

A whole five quid! :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Screw it, call me crazy, but I'm willing to spend £100 on this. Also, it means I can get it on PC and Wii U.

Call me bat-shit crazy but I've backed £350 for the 64-bit edition! :D

This is my first Kickstarter I've ever backed, I'm incredibly hyped for this game though so it's worth every penny. : peace:

tumblr_inline_n8ktlotnwf1s8lqng.gif

No way! Seriously!?

Totally would have done the same if I had the cash. Good on you!

tumblr_inline_n8ktlotnwf1s8lqng.gif

No way! Seriously!?

Totally would have done the same if I had the cash. Good on you!

Seriously. :)

Thanks, also I'm only going for it due to good timing on a back-dated bonus from work - from 2012 - which just happens to come to about the same amount, so that will be put aside for this when the time comes. : peace:

You could say that effectively my place of work is paying towards my place of play. :heh:

Either way I've completely justified it in my mind now, so no going back! :D

This is my first Kickstarter I've ever backed, I'm incredibly hyped for this game though so it's worth every penny. : peace:

More power to you but I think you're a bit mad. £350, the amount of things you could buy with that money.

Yooka-Laylee is the fastest game ever to hit $1 million in funding on Kickstarter.

Discussion - Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter Reveal

£775,000 and counting still. Another stretch goal passed, that's 9 down with just 2 to go.

£900,000 hit, think you're right @Dcubed, this'll hit the million mark within a day!

Any particular 'new' stretch goals people would like to see? Think I'd be happy to get a set amount of worlds, eg £1,250,000 gets 9 worlds confirmed for the game

I only pledged £15...my first kickstarter.

Not going to go crazy like @S\.C\.G. though haha

Simultaneous release on all platforms. It's going to happen! Wii U here we come

£900,000 hit, think you're right @Dcubed, this'll hit the million mark within a day!

Any particular 'new' stretch goals people would like to see? Think I'd be happy to get a set amount of worlds, eg £1,250,000 gets 9 worlds confirmed for the game ��

I'd like more worlds, more enemies and more abilities. I'd rather the multiplayer was 2 player for the Wii U. One on the gamepad and one on the TV. I've always disliked 4 player splitscreen. Maybe some online components like leaderboards with times and pagies collected or online co-op and multiplayer.

There's no reason it should stop at £1,000,000. It has slowed down considerably now but that's to be expected and it is past midnight in the States and still early morning in Europe. Doubt the Japanese are as enthusiastic as us about backing it.

Any particular 'new' stretch goals people would like to see? Think I'd be happy to get a set amount of worlds, eg £1,250,000 gets 9 worlds confirmed for the game 😊

Stop 'n' Swop. :D

I'm gonna back this, it'll be my second backed project after Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Game looks great and would love a multiformat D1 release! Banjo Kazooie is one of my favourite ever games so there's no way I'm missing out on this. :)

Started replaying Banjo Kazooie again to celebrate! :D

As for the stretch goals... I hope that they don't go crazy with the scale; they're really dead set on having an "N64 size" team of around 15-ish so I hope that they stick with that.

That being said... Orchestrated music and a dedicated QA team should be the first things that they put their money towards! :D More stuff outside of the core gameplay that won't impact the actual development process so much!

I've pledged too. It's also my first kickstarter :)

Probably a terrible fanboy idea, but after this I hope Nintendo steps up and offers Playtonic an old-Rare style deal. Nintendo need developers of their calibre.

I would like to pledge, but I don't have the money on the credit card I would like to use. Is that a problem, do they take the money the moment they reach the goal, or do I have these 44 days which are left?

I never played Banjo Kazooie but this looks fun. Plus gaming needs more (any) 3D platformers.

I would like to pledge, but I don't have the money on the credit card I would like to use. Is that a problem, do they take the money the moment they reach the goal, or do I have these 44 days which are left?

The money doesn't get taken out until the 44 days are up; so you can pledge now and the money won't actually be taken until then.

Probably a terrible fanboy idea, but after this I hope Nintendo steps up and offers Playtonic an old-Rare style deal. Nintendo need developers of their calibre.

I think that they'd be fools to not at least put a bit of funding/support towards Wii U exclusive features... Amiibo and Gamepad dual screen support would be nice...

Dat dedication.

That's some serious balls. :heh:

Also to people downplaying multiplayer...while BT multiplayer was a bit off, Conker's Bad Fur Day multiplayer was the shit. So many awesome modes. If they could deliver modes like that I'd be in gaming bliss.

Personally hate the look of the characters. I thought it was a wind up when I first saw it. :blank:

I'm unsure what to go for...

I like my games to be physical copies but I'd also like it on the Wii U, because platforming shit like this deserves some controller action. A combo which doesn't seem to be happening.