NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

Look at least i'm thinking of cool new ways to progress the franchise, lets face it, its getting old when you have to just mash the attack button or swipe your wiimote like a crazed fool

I pesonally believe that it would make a welcome addition to the gameplay

Oh and regarding the market pictures, you'll only probably speak to about 5% of them as we all know the amount of code to make one person speak one line is about 3 lines worth of code - and as we all know programmers want to do the least amount of programming as possible

$(function name text="blahblah")

Or something similar. Anyway, It's only one line of code per person.

You can flame me hardcore if you like, but I just needed to post this, so I don't continue to complain too much about this game. What I have to say isn't entirely favourable, so i've posted it in spoiler tags in case you don't want to see it and get particularly upset.

[spoiler=]"Why The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess will score 8.8/10 at the VERY HIGHEST in average reviews.

Start of with a score of 10 and for each issue, a certain number of points will be deducted from the overall score.

Lack of progressive scan -.1,

Lack of originality with certain aspects of the game such as Z targeting essentially certain parts of the game being too much of a rehash of previous 3D zelda games -.1,

Underwhelming graphics and sound both only being ever so slightly better than GC -.3,

Linear and repetitive wolf mechanics -.2,

Flawed swordfighting mechanics [i.E. not detecting properly the direction you swing] & inability to use GC controller on Wii version or alternate being button pressing and Wii mote swining -.5. = 8.8/10.

Other issues could include riding through the Hyrule Field being tedious like the ocean in Windwaker, the game being too short with nine dungeons, lack of voice acting [although I think this is a positive for the series, excessive voice acting wouldn't suit the game at all] difficulty being too low [but i'm sure this won't be an issue]."]

The good outweighs the bad and i'm sure this game will score very well, but don't think it will do spectacularly well with reviews far surpassing review scores of the Wind Waker because from what we've seen, it most likely won't.

I'm only complaining because i'm just a big fan of the series, I don't want to see this game achieve less than it should, it should according to Nintendo rightfully be the best Zelda game ever, I really want to see it right up there AT THE VERY LEAST in the top 5 greatest games of all time. It should be able to knock off overrated crap such as Metal Gear Solid games and Grand Theft Auto lower on all time aggregate review score lists and yes they are overrated these series, played all the games.

You forget the Zelda factor.. they wont dare score it lower that 10 or Ganon will come and spank their big pink behinds with the flat side of his sword...

just like they did with Halo 2 and San andreas

I wonder just how BIG this field will be,was it 45 minutes to cross it on horse?

I doubt that. If it was they would probably fill it with loads of stuff anyway - the field in OOT was big enough. No more then 5 mins on horse back I reckon, with a teleportaion device to be discovered later as standard.

I doubt that. If it was they would probably fill it with loads of stuff anyway - the field in OOT was big enough. No more then 5 mins on horse back I reckon, with a teleportaion device to be discovered later as standard.

agreed, just imagine for a second how big the game would be if it took 45 minutes to cross Hyrule. It would be to the scale of oblivion, I can't see it being that big. We will have to wait and see though

$(function name text="blahblah")

Or something similar. Anyway, It's only one line of code per person.

bit more to it then that, it takes another line before that enabling the character to speak then your line, then a line to finish the conversion window and if there is a sound like what they normally have, ie.a grunt noise, then there is yet another line of code.

Anywhoo what do we do with the controller to attack with the wolf wih minda. Do we tap a button or do we slash with the wiimote.

Anywhoo what do we do with the controller to attack with the wolf wih minda. Do we tap a button or do we slash with the wiimote.

Hmmm i have been thinking about this and im not too sure? i doubt it will be slashing with the Wiimote ... maybe you point at the enemy and push a button?

"Why The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess will score 8.8/10 at the VERY HIGHEST in average reviews.

Start of with a score of 10 and for each issue, a certain number of points will be deducted from the overall score.

Lack of originality with certain aspects of the game such as Z targeting essentially certain parts of the game being too much of a rehash of previous 3D zelda games -.1,

Underwhelming graphics and sound both only being ever so slightly better than GC -.3,

Flawed swordfighting mechanics [i.E. not detecting properly the direction you swing] & inability to use GC controller on Wii version or alternate being button pressing and Wii mote swining -.5. = 8.8/10.

Other issues could include riding through the Hyrule Field being tedious like the ocean in Windwaker, the game being too short with nine dungeons, lack of voice acting [although I think this is a positive for the series, excessive voice acting wouldn't suit the game at all] difficulty being too low [but i'm sure this won't be an issue]."]

The good outweighs the bad and i'm sure this game will score very well, but don't think it will do spectacularly well with reviews far surpassing review scores of the Wind Waker because from what we've seen, it most likely won't.

I'm only complaining because i'm just a big fan of the series, I don't want to see this game achieve less than it should, it should according to Nintendo rightfully be the best Zelda game ever, I really want to see it right up there AT THE VERY LEAST in the top 5 greatest games of all time. It should be able to knock off overrated crap such as Metal Gear Solid games and Grand Theft Auto lower on all time aggregate review score lists and yes they are overrated these series, played all the games.

Correction, 9.8/10 not 8.8/10.

Hmmm i have been thinking about this and im not too sure? i doubt it will be slashing with the Wiimote ... maybe you point at the enemy and push a button?

I think minda attacks the enemies with a hand type attack, but I also thought wolf link uses his claws.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Solitanze, that's the most ridiculous post of the week... It's just random guesswork of the things you are afraid of, and apparently there are set points deducted from the perfect score for that. Reviews don't work like that. Why would you go predicting scores like that? Does it really matter what it scores?

Maybe you recall the Wind Waker? The game had only five dungeons, was way too easy and the sailing was very boring to most people - much bigger 'errors' than you mention about Twilight Princess, but no respected reviewer dared to give it less than 9/10. Why not? Because it's a beautiful game, and this game hasn't given us any reason so far that it can't be at least as beautiful as the Wind Waker.

I literally laughed out loud reading solitanze's post, great job man :bowdown:

Damn straight, DCK! This game will rock to the max!

Btw, haven't they said something about how long it would take to cross the field? It was damned long, I remember that for sure...

About attacking with Wolf Link and Midna with the Wiimote, I think Midna will have some sort of targeting system with her magic, like we saw from one of the earlier trailers (the one where we were introduced to the name, 'Twilight Princess', and where we saw Wolf Link for the first time). She targeted some of those twilight creatures and Wolf Link attacked them by like charging into them. Like a quick attack. I think maybe you'll just kinda flip the Wiimote abit to make the 'quick attack' while running against them.

But who knows..? :S

lets face it, its getting old when you have to just mash the attack button or swipe your wiimote like a crazed fool

Yeah, swiping the Wii-mote is so damn old, it's so aged that it's ancient when the console isn't even out yet. Geesh, do you even read your input before pressing submit?

About the review issue, I'm suprised if this scores below 9.8 at the big gamesites. (IGN, GameSpot, GameSpy etc)

Although, 1UP with their shitty biased reviewers, will probably rate TP at 8.5-ish. :shakehead

Maybe it just won't be better than a 8.5? People are assuming that this is game is going to be like the Second Coming or something and will be the definition of perfection. I have no doubt that it will be good, but I think a lot of people are setting themselves up for a fall.

I don't care if the reviewers end up giving it 4/10. It wont change my own opinion of the game when I get it.

Who cares what score it'll get,I couldn't care less if it got 1.No review or preview can persuade me and we will have a different opinion.

You can flame me hardcore if you like, but I just needed to post this, so I don't continue to complain too much about this game. What I have to say isn't entirely favourable, so i've posted it in spoiler tags in case you don't want to see it and get particularly upset.

[spoiler=]"Why The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess will score 8.8/10 at the VERY HIGHEST in average reviews.

That's a pretty stupid logic if you don't mind me saying. So it's gonna get a -4 reduction because of graphics? If you used that scoring system for every game, we would see games getting minus scores :P.

Why should anyone care about review scores? It's Zelda, its awesomeness can't be expressed in numbers.

This game was made by Shigeru Miyamoto, a.k.a Greatest Man Alive. Shigeru Miyamoto is the Messiah. How dare you doubt him! When has old Shigsy ever made a bad game? I know many people will say Adventure of Link, but he was experimenting with new gameplay, and storywise and gameplaywise, it was quite brilliant for its time.

Yeah, swiping the Wii-mote is so damn old, it's so aged that it's ancient when the console isn't even out yet. Geesh, do you even read your input before pressing submit?

About the review issue, I'm suprised if this scores below 9.8 at the big gamesites. (IGN, GameSpot, GameSpy etc)

Although, 1UP with their shitty biased reviewers, will probably rate TP at 8.5-ish. :shakehead

I should of said it will get old

This game was made by Shigeru Miyamoto, a.k.a Greatest Man Alive. Shigeru Miyamoto is the Messiah. How dare you doubt him! When has old Shigsy ever made a bad game? I know many people will say Adventure of Link, but he was experimenting with new gameplay, and storywise and gameplaywise, it was quite brilliant for its time.

Techicallt TP was never made my shigeru miyamoto, the wii version was just overseen by him to make sure the controls would work

I should of said it will get old

Techicallt TP was never made my shigeru miyamoto, the wii version was just overseen by him to make sure the controls would work

Techicallt, TP was ported over to Wii. He made the GC version which is the same as Wii besides the controls, they are the same game.

I'm sure Eiji Anuoma said it himself it was 45 minutes on horse back.

I'll try and find the interview later.

I'm sure Eiji Anuoma said it himself it was 45 minutes on horse back.

I'll try and find the interview later.

Nah when asked he said he hadn't tried it yet.