NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

I think scores should be based on genre. I am very concerned though. I have already got the samariatans number to hand incase what you speculate becoes a reallity. However, if TP scores a few 11/10, there will be no problems.

This is concerning...

Twilight Princess to be denied of a top 5 berth of the highest rated games of all time?

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/932565.asp

^-- Hopefully the average goes down... It should though seeing that its early days yet.

Gears of War has already failed so...

It's not unusual/rare for games to get amazingly high averages early on, the games only got 11 reviews, it still got plenty of opportunity for a reduction in average score before being locked into the rankings list.

Dear lord would you just shut up about ratings and scores. It's so damn annoying and pointless!

Maybe we should not be taking the mean. We should find a mathematical function that ensure zelda wins. If its the only way we can stop the sky falling down on us, we must do it!

I've avoided this thread for quite a long time now because I didn't want to be tempted to click on the Spoilers.

Anywho, I realized about a couple of days ago that TP is coming out and so is the Wii. I am ridiculously excited for this. Can't wait til Sunday midnight.

Anywho, I realized about a couple of days ago that TP is coming out and so is the Wii.

What was the weather like on mars? ;)

This thread just isn't the same any more ever since its perfect 5 star rating was deliberatly vandalised by some user.

This is concerning...

Twilight Princess to be denied of a top 5 berth of the highest rated games of all time?

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/932565.asp

^-- Hopefully the average goes down... It should though seeing that its early days yet.

Gears of War has already failed so...

HOLY SHIT ARE YOU STILL ON ABOUT THIS. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?

Wii game REVIEWS as early as the END OF THIS WEEK :bouncy:

Twilight Princess!!!

or

Twilight Peasant?? We'll know in a matter of days. Unbelievable isn't it?

Snowy. We got 5 inches on Olympus Mons the other day, it was crazy.

Lucky american dogs. :P

hey im just remembering something right now...

um correct me if im wrong but, didnt nintendo say that in Tp ( zelda e3 04)

that they were switching from 3rd person view-point in temples to a birds-eye view?

i dunno, but thats what ive been just reading in my old issue of ONM from way back in 2004.

hey im just remembering something right now...

um correct me if im wrong but, didnt nintendo say that in Tp ( zelda e3 04)

that they were switching from 3rd person view-point in temples to a birds-eye view?

i dunno, but thats what ive been just reading in my old issue of ONM from way back in 2004.

u know what i remember reading that somewhere, but surely this isnt the case now?

Wii game REVIEWS as early as the END OF THIS WEEK :bouncy:

Twilight Princess!!!

or

Twilight Peasant?? We'll know in a matter of days. Unbelievable isn't it?

rofl. Yet again you have come up with the goods. I wish I could make sigs I would fill it full of your hilarity.

well it looks as tho they dumped that element.

everyting ive seen (temple related) there hasnt once been a birds-eye view point.

Also, i gues it wouldnt really work now that we have this new type of control with the Wii remote. it im guesing trying to play it on Wii with a birds-eye view point would be very difficult.

actualy, now when i think about it, all the footage ive seen for the GCN version dosnt seem to have the birds eye-view point either...

This thread just isn't the same any more ever since its perfect 5 star rating was deliberatly vandalised by some user.

Blame the person who said "no one vote this thread less than 5 stars" or whatever.

hmm no i don think it was a romr(excuse my spelling>< )

it was stated by nintendo, im having a hard time trying to find a source.

IGN should have it tho. If im not mistaken, it was either Aonuma or miyamoto in a roundtable discussion at E3 04 that stated it. They were going for a more mature theme, so they decided to switch the camera style.

(actualy you can even see this gameplay element in very early screens of TP)

Peculiar how that happened less than 24 hours after you stated "I say that everyone who comes into this forum and views the Zelda topic from now on should give this topic a five star rating, and anyone who gives it less should get a three month ban." Yes, my elephant-like memory drives everyone crazy.

well it looks as tho they dumped that element.

everyting ive seen (temple related) there hasnt once been a birds-eye view point.

Of course there will be birds eye veiw in the game. They have had it ever since Ocarina of Time. Like in the fire temple, in castle town alley, and when you are sneaking past the guards to reach zelda.

Majora's Mask, and The Wind Waker both used this technique and we can be sure to see it again in The Twilight Princess. It would not be awkward in tp either because to use the pointer you will go into a over-the-shoulder mode.

I think when they were talking about the birds eye view (from what I recall it was around E3 2004) they still didn't really have a good idea of where the game was going and were just experimenting with things. It really didn't sound like it would work anyway, I'm assuming they gave up on it.

im not saying there wont be a birds eye view point.

but uve missunderstood me.

we have always had a 3rd person view point ( 3d zelda) in temples and such.

Nintendo had made a choice, too scarp 3rd person view poit, and stick only with birds eye view. if it came to opening a door or doing swords fights the camera would swoop down and centre in 3rd person form.

this has all come from nintend's mouth, not mine.

im sorry that i cant provide a link, ive been trying all day to get it.

but anywho.. it looks as tho they have left that idea now.

My hype for Zelda is going into overtime mode at the moment. I have just started playing OOT again and im on listening to the Legend of Zelda - Hyrule Symphony album which is well worth tracking down on original release or by other means....