NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

i can't understand why you found ridley hard.its very long no doubt.i found metroid prime(very last boss) to be harder

It took me ages to nail Meta Ridley. It nearly drove me to tears. You can imagine the expression on my face when i beat that sucker. I had a sore throat afterwards due to my shouting (excitement).

That's when i knew Metroid Prime was one of the greatest games ever.

i knew that metroid prime was one of the best games ever when i got into the space station at the start of the game!

the morph ball i remember felt so smooth and the controls were perfect and the graphics were insanely good. that was my first impression, but when you get into the game it just gets better and better Phendrana is lush, Magmoor is cool (like the music in that particularly) and the plasma beam when you obliterate pirates in one shot when theyve been pissing you off so much throughout the quest is totally satisfying.

That 3rd trailer is taking the piss out of any other wii trailers ive seen so far, its TOO good!

Id definetly be getting a wii if Metroid came at launch, but seeing as it wont ill wait til it comes out (til February?)

the price should have lessened by then too

im so hyped right now feed me more videos!

And i agree with mcj the metroid prime soul boss canned me a few times. And i hated the impact crater room when you had to avoid (or kill) the metroids otherwise you fall off the platforms.

ridley was quite easy imo

the hardest boss out of the prime series for me was probably the boost ball gardian from echoes - proper solid when you didnt have a clue what to do!

i can't understand why you found ridley hard.its very long no doubt.i found metroid prime(very last boss) to be harder

It was when the sucker lost his wings and he starts to charge at you. I found it be fustrating and hard! It just took me alot more attempts to nail Meta Ridley than it did Metroid Prime. Even on my second run through the game (to get 100% items) I found Ridley more difficult.

I don't think there's going to be a price drop in 3 months after launch...

I agree. Here in Portugal stores are actually planning on asking €265 when everyone knows it should be €250... I don't know where the hell they pulled that one from.

It was when the sucker lost his wings and he starts to charge at you. I found it be fustrating and hard! It just took me alot more attempts to nail Meta Ridley than it did Metroid Prime. Even on my second run through the game (to get 100% items) I found Ridley more difficult.

Same here. Apparently Meta Ridley was made harder in the PAL versionn, though.

I agree. Here in Portugal stores are actually planning on asking €265 when everyone knows it should be €250... I don't know where the hell they pulled that one from.

I wouldn't mind taking the blow, if they advertise it more.

After reading some posts here, I'm gonna play MP1. Again.

Don't know about Ridley being harder to beat than in the NTSC version, because I haven't played that one, but yeah it took me quite a few tries to beat that boss

do that here too.even 280euro i find it funny.GAME are the worst for this

Funny, cause I've seen the official distributor list and the price is 249.99€, so if it'll cost anymore, it's the store's faults.

Same here. Apparently Meta Ridley was made harder in the PAL versionn, though.

Yeah I remember reading something about the PAL version being harder.

After reading some posts here, I'm gonna play MP1. Again.

I know it's got me wanting to play it all over again.

Funny, cause I've seen the official distributor list and the price is 249.99€, so if it'll cost anymore, it's the store's faults.

I know Concentra said €250, but look at this:

http://www.worten.pt/worten/products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=2560925&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1021285&bmUID=1163792455310

http://www.fnac.pt/pt/Catalog/Detail.aspx?cIndex=8&catalog=jogos&categoryN=Jogos&category=consolasWii&product=45496342050

going by that video you use your morph ball to wall kick now?

edit:no my mistake on closer inspection it seems that it is samus but just very bright

There wasn't a date for this in Q1 release chart.

Here's hoping for Online.

I think to got delayed to Q4 recently.

New trailer's up at GameTrailers. This game is looking much smoother than the previous Metroids which got quite slow at times.

New trailer's up at GameTrailers. This game is looking much smoother than the previous Metroids which got quite slow at times.

Care to share?

going by that video you use your morph ball to wall kick now?

edit:no my mistake on closer inspection it seems that it is samus but just very bright

thats the screw attack (quality name i know) its been used in some of the 2D metroids and in metroid prime 2:echoes - although i didnt think it was put to as much use as it should have done, it was very limited. apparently in corruption itll play a bigger part in the game and will be used as an attacking weapon more.

echoes screw attack

hang on it sounds like you knew this anyway.

silly me! :red:

thats the screw attack (quality name i know) its been used in some of the 2D metroids and in metroid prime 2:echoes - although i didnt think it was put to as much use as it should have done, it was very limited. apparently in corruption itll play a bigger part in the game and will be used as an attacking weapon more.

echoes screw attack

hang on it sounds like you knew this anyway.

silly me! :red:

haha yes i knew it.Well it really is a wall kick but u had to use the screw attack first.Unlike the 2d games.Wall kick will never work properly in 3d.i think u only used it twice in echoes.screw attack was fun and i'v heard that u get it much earlier in this game:hehe:

Why is it "Corruption"? Where does the name come from? (In MP2 there's an echo visor, so is there a corruption visor then? Because that wouldn't be so good naming.)

Why is it "Corruption"? Where does the name come from? (In MP2 there's an echo visor, so is there a corruption visor then? Because that wouldn't be so good naming.)

Samus is corrupted with Phason that allows her to go into Hyper mode for a limited time...

^that mostly, and the fact that dark samus is 'planting seeds' on different planets causing corruption.