NEurope
Atomic Boo

Do my Penguin for me

Anyone know anything about social closure? There is absolutely nothing about it on the internet and I have to write an essay about it tomorrow. :(

"How can the hypodermic syringe theory and the two step flow theory be used to explain the columbine high school killings?"

Come on people. Chop chop.

"How can the hypodermic syringe theory and the two step flow theory be used to explain the columbine high school killings?"

Come on people. Chop chop.

It can't. At all. In any way shape or form.

Thanks for the links Supergrunch, I'll probably check them out near the end of the month when I get paid, and have a bit more time. I see they're OCR approved, I had OCR as my board for my alevels, and their syllabus(and the text books we were using) seemed pretty thorough, so sounds coolio to me!

(btw Moogle, I have no idea what those things you mentioned are)

(2x^2+5x-3)

anyone know what to put that down into two

(2x+?)(x-?)

I just totally lost all will to do this question.

Great so i figured it out, correct me please if I'm wrong, its (2x-1)(x+3)

It can't. At all. In any way shape or form.

I might put that and see if I get any marks for it.

Oh and yeah that's right Stefkov.

(2x^2+5x-3)

(2x+?)(x-?)

Yeah, that's right.

(2x^2+5x-3)

(2x+?)(x-?)

ahhh, quadratic equations! I remember once I knew how to derive the quadratic equation, that was quite an achievement. Anyway, that looks spot on to me.

ahhh, quadratic equations! I remember once I knew how to derive the quadratic equation, that was quite an achievement. Anyway, that looks spot on to me.

You mean the quadratic equation formula?

Actually, you do fun things with them in further pure 1, with complex roots and the fundamental theorem of algebra.

Oh how i love quadratics. If you can't factorise them just use the damn equation ^^;

Trigonometry on the other hand ¬_¬ too tedious.

So glad im not in education anymore! I made it! I couldn't help any of you though, it seems too long ago!

Ah second order polynomials. Fun times.

Mm. How about we tell these people to find an equation to solve sixth order polynomials? :heh:

Haven't you watched Evangelion? If it hot it expands, if it's cold it shrinks.

Right. Who's got a good grasp of classical thermodynamics? Because I need someone to throw me a fucking bone here.

I can do it in simple qualitative terms when related to chemistry.

Y'see, so can I but er, well...I can do that. Which is the problem because I can't do much else and I have prelims in two terms...i get kicked out if I fail :(

But we're doing a large chunk of it and my maths is too crap to actually be able to derive everything. Which I need to do. Hmm.

ooh i have a thermo book in front of me, and i did a thermo course last year. I'm a physicist but i may be able to help, especially because we do everything in mathematics and not hand waveyness. whihc derivations in particular?

EDIT: The book is "equilibrium thermodynamics" by C.J.Adkins third edition. Its got pretty much every derivation I needed, so you should prolly check it out.

Hmm. Well. I know where I'm trying to get to...I jsut need to get more used to recognising how to get there. I've just about sussed out the fundamental equations and Maxwell''s relations. But I get easily confused (you know, three different types of d and two deltas :p). I'm starting my tute work in the next couple of days, I'll detail the stuff then.

I'm using E Brian Smith - Basic Chemical Thermo. It's pretty decent actually although it does take shortcuts in derivations (which leaves me utterly confused because my maths is barely competent...the barely bit only added in because I wasn't last in my collections :p). But whatever, it's 1,000,000 times better than Atkins. The knobber.

Which college are you in out of interest?

Exeter :D So I take it I could well see you outside Hassan's :p my room is pretty much opposite the White Horse, second from last floor up. Nice view. Very noisy (especially with drunk people doing sprint races down the Broad)

A fellow Hassan's lover. Chicken, Chips and Mayonnaise FTW.

Btw no-one needs any help with anything? *sigh* I feel useless

Go on then:

Sn(x) = e^(x^3)(d^n)/(dx^n)(e^(-x^3))

Prove by induction on n that Sn(x) is a polynomial.

That's STEP, you know you love it... anyway, I've already done the question. :heh:

I'm sorely tempted, but i have to go beat harris-manchester in cuppers pool.

How you finding the STEP papers? I never took them because I didn't need to but people who did said they were solid.

I'm sorely tempted, but i have to go beat harris-manchester in cuppers pool.

How you finding the STEP papers? I never took them because I didn't need to but people who did said they were solid.

They're pretty evil, but I'm just doing them for fun... I'm actually going to do Natural Sciences.