NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Would you like a VC Board?

This is a topic which the staff have been discussing recently. With the VC catalogue getting bigger we figured its about time it had its own place to discuss the things, especially as some big games have hit recently that really do deserve their own topics and not crammed into the one on the Wii board.

Anyway we have come up with 2 options, which are...

1. Rename the Retro Board, so that you can put all your VC thoughts and stuff in there

2. Give the VC its own board.

Now like I said we have discussed it but we thought we would see what the people wanted aswell. So post away you thoughts.

Give the VC it's own board. It's becoming/will come so big that i think it constitutes a whole board.:)

This is a good idea, as there would be more room for discussion of single games. I would go with the new board idea though. Retro has it's own topics unrelated to VC. I'd happily produce a lot of content for this board, such as my release list. I wouldn't mind modding it either. :)

To be honest i've wondered why there hasn't been one for ages as VC stuff usually ends up in either Retro or Wii. It would probably be better for it to have it's own board as merging them might require more staff. Though it'll probably need more regardless.

I wouldn't mind modding it either. :)

First of all never ever ask to be a moderator, if you do you will definitely NOT be picked. We admins have an eye for these things so we will spot moderators and not you. When we see someone who we believe would deserve to be mod we ask them if they are interested and not the other way around. All request will be ignored and any threads regarding it deleted.

No moderator job for you I think. :heh:

I voted to merge it with the retro board, it just makes sense to me.

I think he deserves it since he created the VC thread and has been taking time out to update it for about a year.

Why not, after putting all that effort into the VC Thread I think he's the most likely candidate for this job, he would also take the pressure off already existing mods that would have to mod this new board too.

I was gonna say it could just be combined with the Retro Board? Sadly the retro section is largely dead so this would breath new life into it... plus all the VC releases (so far!) are retro games...

::shrug:

This is a good idea, as there would be more room for discussion of single games. I would go with the new board idea though. Retro has it's own topics unrelated to VC.

This is how I feel. It would be nice to have its own board away from other retro console topics.

Also guys about the Mod can we stay on topic as we havent even decided what form the VC board will take yet and if new Mods are needed then they will be picked at the time.

The VC doesnt deserve its own board full stop IMO

If you guys must do anything merge it I say...

Agreed although i really dont care as i just use the new posts link at the top of the page

I think just use the Retro board. That place could use more activity and I doubt the VC will generate enough discussion to need a whole board to itself anyway. Maybe if they start offering demos or new games or something on there. Until then, nah.

Can a sub-board be created?

I don't think a new board should be made, but the VC is atopic that could spawn multiple small threads, so what about the possibility of a board within a board? Stickied at the top of Retro?

Merge with retro, since I doubt that the virtual console will be discussed that much to require a board dedicated to it. Besides retro isn't getting that much activity, so it could help improve things there.

The problem is, when Nintendo start releasing original titles on the VC then all dicussions about them shouldn't be in the Retro board as they are brand new. I say create a VC board and then rename it once Nintendo give us details about how the Original Game download stuff will work to include discussion about VC games and the Original games.

Edit: While we're at it, create sub boards for Xbox and PlayStation in the Other Consoles board, there's a nice little community there.

Playstation and Xbox subforums are a good idea.

And while we're at it, I'll ammend my suggestion: like I already voted for, the VC stuff could be combined with the Retro section, and then when the time comes, a sub forum of that could be created for the original VC content?

Just another suggestion.

::shrug:

I voted to merge it with the retro board, it just makes sense to me.

I like this guy - he speaks sense. :)

I don't think we need loads of subforums everywhere, the current thread system serves everyone just perfectly.

Also...

When/if we put the VC stuff into the Retro board, can we rename it the "Back to the Future" Board? Y'know, "Coming soon: All the latest releases from 20 years ago, today!"

Ah, just ignore me.