NEurope
ReZourceman

Balls - New Cartoon

Hey ReZ,

I can do a few different voices and am not too bad at acting if you need me at anytime.

Some of my work

Good luck with Flash, I can also offer some help with that if you need.

Ben

Bloody hell this hasnt been touched in so long. Anyway, there should be a small episode ready soon. Episode 2. Within a couple of weeks.

This second episode came out of the blue, I remember watching the first one months ago.

First up, I gotta say the music is great, the opening theme is perfectly suited and the song Cousin Jabego sings is also good. The episode was a good length as well and the sound quality is perfect.

My main criticism is the silence in between some parts. The dialogue could have been snappier, a few of the pauses were a bit too long. Apart from that though I enjoyed this episode more than the first and it is definately improving. Good stuff.

PS: What are you using to animate the series?

Thanks for the comments!

I was using Movie Maker to make them, but I vowed to learn Flash...but Movie Maker just seems much easier! So the very first scene of Ep 2 is Flash, just to save a bit of time, but all the rest is Windows Movie Maker.

I like the animation, but there are long pauses of silence, and I kept thinking my sound had broken O.o

Keep up the good work though =]

You might want to get constructive criticism and fix it up a bit before getting everyone aware of it, first impressions are always important. My first impression of Balls Ep 1 was that it was terrible, but I'll keep watching it to see if it imrpvoes.

I'll watch Ep2 tomorrow or something.

You can't say the music or opening credits are terrible....but obviously the rest could be seen as terrible. (Well in your opinon)

I thought it was really bad. But I don't like fart jokes etc, if you do then you might like it. Despite this I will watch episode 3 so something must have worked.

Thats the best constructive criticism I can muster.

I thought it was really bad. But I don't like fart jokes etc, if you do then you might like it. Despite this I will watch episode 3 so something must have worked.

Thats the best constructive criticism I can muster.

Molest Hero didnt pickle your tickle?

Fair enough though. Cant ask fairer than to watch the next one. (Did you see after the credits?)

Once again, not a fan. I just don't enjoy the humor at all. And the pauses are waaay too long.

The jokes aren't smart, and it just has a vibe of...crap about it.

But once again, I'll watch episode 3 to see what changes..

I like it, just needs better animation and better sound including some sound effects, but i like the jokes and cousin Jabago.

Well I can't say the joke was very original. It would appeal to the pre-pubescent market, they generally find toilet humour amusing.

You need to learn Flash Rez and speed up your animations. :heh: That's the only way my script will work. :D

Well I can't say the joke was very original. It would appeal to the pre-pubescent market, they generally find toilet humour amusing.

Huh? Which joke?

You need to learn Flash Rez and speed up your animations. :heh: That's the only way my script will work. :D

The bit at the beginning is Flash, and IMHO it looks horrible compared with the rest of it. Low quality like. Probably just my skill though.

Honestly.

Badly acted. Badly made. Unfunny. Odd pauses/silences. Varying audio qualities between characters (granted, because its recorded by different people with different computers but you could have made an effort to balance it in post). And why do they move so jerkily? Flash has a motion-tween setting you know?

Honestly.

Badly acted. Badly made. Unfunny. Odd pauses/silences. Varying audio qualities between characters (granted, because its recorded by different people with different computers but you could have made an effort to balance it in post). And why do they move so jerkily? Flash has a motion-tween setting you know?

Yeah I didn't use Flash. (Well Ben Morris did for that one scene and I had to convert it because it was a flash movie file or something)

Anyway I'll be doing it all in Vegas, I've done bits of the intro and its smooth as silk.

So basically, the old ones were done three years ago in a free programme, these ones will be done (now) in glorious HD in a very expensive programme.

No difference.

Correction; Virtually no difference. I simply didn't want Ben's work to go to waste. But it juddered up and down for some reason. Also adjusted the audio levels. Anyway, keep your eyes peeled. I might do a Christmas teaser.

E.g.

Before;

n509970580_531397_6272.jpg

n509970580_572712_4083.jpg

Now;

Balls2011_PNG.png

Y-Front_HD.png

Edited by ReZourceman
Automerged Doublepost

OK I like the idea of ballz. It's inventive enough. I don't hate it as much as Ashley( at least I take that it that's who little donkey is)

It has promise. From this video anyway, It could probably do with a backing soundtrack. i think that would help with the awkward silences.... or just stop the awkward silences... Awkward silences kill comedy... seriously.

I think the idea is a great idea and I think a backing track would make the video better because, as MCJ said, the awkward silences kind of kill it. The best thing to do is record the voices and THEN animate it so the mouths move with the speech. However, the video itself is quite funny and I liked the Teletubbies parts.

I want to help though or be a part of it in some way, great job! :D