NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Wesley

Mouse

Hullo! I'm in need a of a decent mouse for 3D design. When I'm trying to be specific with my mouse to degrees of pixels, it often won't comply. It may go upwards one pixel when trying to go downwards for a brief moment, etc.

Anyway, any suggestions for a mouse and pad best suited for 3D design. At the moment I have a average PC line mouse, laser, and a furry kind of mouse mat. Which is probably why it often goes a bit stupid. Anywho, best mouse and mousepad combo?

I have a a standard Dell one that came with my PC. I didn't use a mouse mat at first but it started to take the veneer off of my desk so I've sellotaped a piece of A4 paper to the desk. It's cheap and disposable/recyclable.

Sanchez is pretty much bang on.

If you prefer wired mice, go for the Razer.

High end Logitechs are pretty awesome in terms of wireless battery life.

Only thing you really need to look for in a mouse is how it fits your hand. If it's comfortable and high-end it will do the job, the rest of the differences are pretty minor.

I read an article that described the differences pretty well, can't find it now though. Basically there's 2 types of mouse user, those that move the mouse with their fingertips and those that hold it in their palm. Big mice are for palm people, little mice (like the Razers) are for those who control them using their fingertips.

Cheers for the help and links guys (and girls). I'm a palm person. You'll see what mouse I'll let you know what mouse I go for in the purchase thread!

I'm currently on a Razer Copperhead, it's sexy but more of a finger-mouse. The gaming-grade Logitechs tend to be more palm. My last mouse was a Logitech MX510 which was incredibly good...the newer MX518 is one of the best mice of all time.

Just note that gaming grade mice (1600-2000dpi) are pretty expensive (25-40 quid). But they're a really worthy investment. My MX510 lasted me 5 years and it still works, 30 quid well spent IMO. I'd personally go for a wired mouse just because it's less hassle IMO with respect to batteries.

Oh, and I'm using a Razer ExactMat mouse pad. It's larger than average and it's made of anodised aluminium so it's great surface for it. They're around 15 quid.

I'm currently on a Razer Copperhead, it's sexy but more of a finger-mouse. The gaming-grade Logitechs tend to be more palm. My last mouse was a Logitech MX510 which was incredibly good...the newer MX518 is one of the best mice of all time.

Just note that gaming grade mice (1600-2000dpi) are pretty expensive (25-40 quid). But they're a really worthy investment. My MX510 lasted me 5 years and it still works, 30 quid well spent IMO. I'd personally go for a wired mouse just because it's less hassle IMO with respect to batteries.

Oh, and I'm using a Razer ExactMat mouse pad. It's larger than average and it's made of anodised aluminium so it's great surface for it. They're around 15 quid.

I agree, its also a lot longer than a normal mouse, but very very slick with it.

I love my Razer just for the sheer fact I don't have to charge it!

Also it glows green :P

I agree, its also a lot longer than a normal mouse, but very very slick with it.

I love my Razer just for the sheer fact I don't have to charge it!

Also it glows green :P

Haha, mine was a toss up between green and blue. But I got blue because my current PC policy is green cathodes/blue LEDs :D

I've got the MX518 and I havn't had a fault with it and I've had it for for over 2 years I think. Mouse's are like everything else the more you pay for one the better it will be.

Haha, mine was a toss up between green and blue. But I got blue because my current PC policy is green cathodes/blue LEDs :D

I have blue in my PC/server. I fancied a change with the colour! :smile:

I've got the MX518 and I havn't had a fault with it and I've had it for for over 2 years I think. Mouse's are like everything else the more you pay for one the better it will be.

Can't agree more. Once you buy a really good mouse you never turn back :smile:

I used to have a Copperhead but I decided to upgrade to the MX Revolution. It's nice to go without cables and the batteries last about 3 days after several months of use. Charged pretty quick too.

I used to have a Copperhead but I decided to upgrade to the MX Revolution. It's nice to go without cables and the batteries last about 3 days after several months of use. Charged pretty quick too.

I went the other way, had a MX revolution went to a Razer. The MX Revolution just feels sexy in your hand. Your damned if your a lefty tho =(

Great minds think alike, eh Sanchez? ;)

I have a Logitech G5 - very awesome and precise mouse.

The Razer exactmat is quite a decent mousepad that should give you enough precision.

MX1000 here, rare little things these days but stupidly accurate and comfy.

I'm greater. emot-colbert.gif

If you say so.

MX1000 here, rare little things these days but stupidly accurate and comfy.

My sister has that one, it was my mouse before the MX revolution. It was pretty goddamn awesome. (I preferred it to the revolution in all honesty)

I have the Logitech MX Revolution, a pricey mouse, but well worth every penny. comfy accurate and just overall perfect.

MX518 here, and although people tell me it's not for people who use the mouse with their fingertips, I often do, seriously often my wrist doesn't move...

Either way, the MX518 is the best mouse I've used for any long period of time, and I've owned (among others) an MX700, an MX1000, and a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer - I was running MX700s for the longest time until they all (I had several) start to go a little wonky, and the charging base didn't seem to sit them in right, it was just getting worn over time.

Sometimes the cable on the 518 bugs me, but honestly, most of the time I don't care, and it is overall the best mouse I've ever used.

Sign in to follow this