NEurope
navarre

Wierdest Internet Myths

OK. I've had my fair share of silly crap from the internet to last me a lifetime. Post inane and funny myths here. I'll start.

1) Opinions can't be wrong. 'In my opinion, the Moon is made of Edam and is inhabitated entirely by purple elephants. I'm not wrong of course, as it is my opinion.'

2) Women don't enjoy sex. However inexperienced and sarcastic that sounds, it never fails to crack me up. I enjoy picturing the sad little creature on the other end that actually believes that. I always reply by theextremely witty answer of 'They've just never enjoyed it with you'.

3) Scientology is a religion. I'm sorry, but if some of you aethiests out there can't contemplate the idea of God(s), then you'll never understand how people believe we descend from little green aliens who built the pyramids. I'm sorry, it's a cult; nothing more.

These are just a small handful.

3) Scientology is a religion. I'm sorry, but if some of you aethiests out there can't contemplate the idea of God(s), then you'll never understand how people believe we descend from little green aliens who built the pyramids. I'm sorry, it's a cult; nothing more.

These are just a small handful.

all religions are just cults that do well for them selves.

all religions are just cults that do well for them selves.

Exactly...unless any religion can prove itself then in my eyes they are all cults.

On your marks...religion topic go!

Exactly...unless any religion can prove itself then in my eyes they are all cults.

woman_pointing-1.jpg

The biggest internet myth? That an acceptable spelling of 'weird' is 'wierd'.

No but really, the one that instantly came to mind was "Press alt+f4 for free gear!!!!1"

The biggest internet myth surely has to be the "free prize click here!" ads, followed closely by the "hey I'm Mandy want to chat" style adverts that attempt to simulate MSN window popups. Anyone who clicks them gets everything they deserve. :p

The biggest internet myth? That an acceptable spelling of 'weird' is 'wierd'.

No but really, the one that instantly came to mind was "Press alt+f4 for free gear!!!!1"

Im not the best of spellers, and typos dont help, but that pisses me of.

Purpouse mistake (off)

On your marks...religion topic go!

But that kinda defeats the purpose of religion. Its called your faith for a reason. Most atheists don't know what religion is about either.

The amazing thing about Scientology is that it's a dictionary perfect definition of a cult, down to the defence of religious persecution and their actions and techniques are the same but updated as some of the older cults and yet people still defend it/don't do anything about it.

My favourite is 'Bill Gates is giving away all his money to hotmail users. Send this email to 10 friends to prove your account is active!' ones.

also: the myth that bill gates is some kind of evil genius.

er. wut? The man is the greatest philanthropist in human history. I hugely admire what he does.

But that kinda defeats the purpose of religion. Its called your faith for a reason. Most atheists don't know what religion is about either.

Religion is about believing something that the only evidence for, if any, is a voice in your head.

1) Opinions can't be wrong. 'In my opinion, the Moon is made of Edam and is inhabitated entirely by purple elephants. I'm not wrong of course, as it is my opinion.'

How do you know that it's wrong? How the speaker arrived at that conclusion is a mystery to you or me, but he probably has reasons to believe it. Either that, or he's taking the piss.

Religion is about believing something that the only evidence for, if any, is a voice in your head.

Actually your wrong. It's believing a voice in somebody else's head, which they then wrote down.

Actually your wrong. It's believing a voice in somebody else's head, which they then wrote down.

MoogleViper is a complete and utter legend.

(wants in on MV's sig...)

MoogleViper is a complete and utter legend.

(wants in on MV's sig...)

You got it big man.

"MSN is going to be shutdown send 131928471230947 emails to avoid this! You will probably also die!"

Yeah, the "hotmail isnt going to be free anymore" myth is pissing me right off!

They give links with 'proof' but if you read them... You can OPTIONALLY pay for extra storage space and stuff.

I thought 2 girls 1 cup was a myth until about 5 minutes ago.

:eek:

hahahaha!

Oh, religion is fine aslong as you don't force your beliefs onto someone else.

The dying little girl. Remixed by myself to rape people's Facebook walls.

Hello, I'm a generically named little girl. I'm really young and have a disease that's well curable but amazingly expensive to obtain. I'm super poor so some random organisation is willing to give me money for each wall that this obviously real message is posted on. It's not so they get some publicity for pretending to give a shit. No Siree.

So go on, I'll play the religion card about how you will burn in hell if you don't forward this message, and not having a heart. Because I won't in a few days, due to my mysterious disease being incredibly fatal if I don't get a mound of money.

God bless and all that shit. - generically named little girl.

good internet/ real life myth: daddy long legs have the most toxic venom in the world, but cant penetrate human skin. this is about as true as me saying im doing myleene klass right now. simply wishful thinking.

not only do daddy long legs have a very weak venom, but there fangs are sharp enough to penetrate human skin. myth is made of fail.

oh, and to see christianity look like an insane cult, watch the documentory jesus camp. its literaly terrefying. scientology may be fucked up, but at least it isnt doing much to recruit kids (no money on em)

also, the moogleviper love is well deserved.

How do you know that it's wrong? How the speaker arrived at that conclusion is a mystery to you or me, but he probably has reasons to believe it. Either that, or he's taking the piss.

I don't know it's wrong. I was merely using it as an example due to the unlikelyhood of it being right.

I know some areas meta-physics is always another good example to use, but I CBA right now.

As for a religion and a cult, let's resort to our good friend, the Oxford English Dictionary for this...

Religion- noun [mass noun] the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods: ideas about the relationship between science and religion

So, Christianity, Islam and Judaism all qualify.

Cult- noun a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister a network of Satan worshipping cults

So, that'll be scientology then.

The biggest difference between any religion and Scientology is that the later requires you to pay for your faith.