NEurope
lostmario

Mario Kart League 2015

ICUC3UV.png

The N-Europe Mario Kart League is back for its 8th and possibly final year!

League Nights

There will be three League GPs every Thursday night, starting on the 29th January at 8.00pm GMT.

Determining the Groups

For the first month I will split everyone into random groups and select two people to be the host of each group.

After the first month, the groups will be determined by your league positions.

One player from each group will need to volunteer to take photos after each race to later post for me to update the league table.

Players Choice, Special & Theme Nights

Regarding theme nights, please see the fixture list below detailing all the specific dates for players choice, special & theme nights.

Players choice will mean you can pick any character, any vehicle type and any course.

After the first month, theme nights will be introduced with players choice only played occasionally from then on.

Theme nights will mean you have to pick a certain character, vehicle type and select the predetermined courses in the correct order.

Points System

The total points you have gained from Grand Prix (GPs) are divided by the number of GPs you have taken part in, giving you your average. This is what determines your position in the league table, so if you do miss a league night, if won’t affect your score but you will most likely change position in the league.

For example, if I scored the following points in 6 GPs: 32, 10, 19, 40, 16 & 19. I would have a total of 136 which would be divided by 6 giving me an average of 22.6.

Rules

4 Rules

1. Follow the theme - pick the correct character, parts & courses.

2. Don't rage quit - if it becomes clear someone is "disconnecting" from GPs on a regular basis to keep a high league position, they will be banned from the league.

3. No showing - If you claim a spot for that week and no show, you will have taken the place of someone who wanted to play. If someone no shows on a regular basis, they will lose the right to a place even if they are one of the first to declare that they are in. They will automically be the last on the list for the rest of the year.

4. If you disconnected, rejoin as quickly as possible and then let me know at the end of the GPs which GP you were disconnected from.

Fixture List

FIXTURES_zpsdf777e8b.jpg

The League Table

leaguetable_zps5d90082e.jpg

The league table will be updated every Friday or Saturday and at the end of each month, the player of the month will be announced.

Player of the Month

TO BE POSTED AT THE END OF FEBRUARY

The top 5 players will be listed at the end of each month, to be in the running for Player of the Month, you need to take part in more than 50% of the GPs that month.

Details of next league night

NEXT LEAGUE NIGHT: Thursday 5th February 2015 - 8.00pm BST

All groups will play 3 GPs

GP1_zps9cb31bfc.jpg

GP2_zps88b7ee92.jpg

GP3_zpsff2a87e2.jpg

If you wish to sign up to this "Always in" List, confirm it along with your "in" post for next weeks league night.

It will be upto you if you choose to sign up to this list to let me know when you can't play. One no show without prior notice and you will be removed from this list for four weeks.

Who's in?

Edited by lostmario

We won't always be in, my little brother is getting burnt out on Mario Kart but we'll take part this year too.

In theory I'm always in but work and Spurs can get in the way. Sk either I say when I can, or always in and I'll sa when I cant.

Oh hell yeah! After coming 3rd last time, I'm definitely always in!

My Master Cycle needs to tear up more tracks!

Always in, first time, looking forward to it, my NNID is Hairdresser14

Edited by Brian58

Always in, first time, looking forward to it

Captain Slow has joined the league. Go easy on him chaps he's old.

I'm in I'm in

Always in, first time, looking forward to it

For all new members to the league, please post your NNID when confirming you are in.

It'll make it a lot easier for your group host to add you.

IN!!

Same as before, every odd Thursday.

This'll be my year for sure! I'm really feeling it! :D

Is it possible for me to sign up to the "Always In" list but actually miss this first week? I know that's a bit odd but I'm keen to totally join the League again - but I'm busy this week.

NEXT LEAGUE NIGHT: Thursday 29th January 2015 - 8.00pm BST

@Glen\-i NNID: Glen-i

7. @Brian58 NNID: Hairdresser14

8. @BowserBasher NNID: BowserBasher

9.@viceview51 NNID: viceview51

10. @Hamishmash NNID: Hamish (out this week)

Others In

11.@Emerald Emblem NNID: EmeraldEmblem

12.Emerald's Brother

13.@Jimbob NNID: Jimbob-NE

14.@Gaz1885 NNID: ?????

15.@Foxfear NNID: DocChaos007

16.@Pestneb NNID: Sjonpi

17.lostmario NNID: lostmario

18.@Dcubed NNID: Nuclear_Muffin

Who's else is in

I played a few races online this morning in preparation for this and was well off the pace. I performed pretty poorly throughout with top 3 finishes something of a rarity.. though their frequency did increase a little the more I played :heh:

I'm not feeling confident.. but I'M IN :yay:

NEXT LEAGUE NIGHT: TOMORROW Thursday 29th January 2015 - 8.00pm BST

@Glen\-i NNID: Glen-i 2

7. @Glen\-i NNID: Glen-i 2

4.@BowserBasher NNID: BowserBasher 2

5.@Emerald Emblem NNID: EmeraldEmblem 2

6.Emerald's Brother 2

7.@Foxfear NNID: DocChaos007 2

8.lostmario NNID: lostmario 2

9.@foohad NNID:BrockJames 2

Not really feeling it this year, I was hoping someone would want to take over but that is looking very unlikely. I'll be taking part tomorrow but I might be out until the DLC hits. I'll see if I'm in the mood for Mario Kart or not each Thursday. With that, I'm not being host for either group this year.

Who's else is in?

I'll have to check if I have BowserBasher on my friends list or not tomorrow.

Either way, Group 2 is definitely the most intimidating going by last year's results.

Sorry guys!

I'll play tomorrow night. Don't want to commit to another league just yet. I'll take it one night at a time but not really feeling the urge.