NEurope
Retro_Link

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

First bit of news...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/01/jamie-foxx-eyes-electro-role-in-amazing-spider-man-2

Jamie Foxx Eyes Electro Role in Amazing Spider-Man 2

Oscar winner Jamie Foxx is reportedly in early talks to play the villain in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. And which villain is that?

According to Variety, Foxx would play Electro.As the trade reminds us, "In The Amazing Spider-Man's post-credit sequence, set inside Dr. Curt Connors' cell at an asylum, the Lizard is approached by a mysterious, shadowy figure (Michael Massee) who asks if Peter Parker knows the truth about his father. Lightning features prominently in the scene prompting auds to believe that Electro would be featured in the sequel."

foxx-ultimate-electro-499.jpg

Foxx hinted at the role with his tweet today: "Dressed up as Electro for Halloween last night. Costume fits well."

Electro, aka Max Dillon, was a criminal who gained the power to control electricity. He's one of Spidey's oldest foes, debuting back in 1964 in The Amazing Spider-Man #9. We ranked him 87th on our list of The Top 100 Comic Book Villains.

The Ultimate version of Electro was retooled to be the result of bioengineering, which is in keeping with the Spidey movie reboot's emphasis on science.

I am ALL for Electro.

I am ALL for black actors portraying white characters.

Jamie Foxx as Electro is fucking AWFUL casting. No.

Yeah I can't really see Jamie Foxx in this type of movie.

Rhino Intro please!

And I'd quite like to see Scorpian... though I'm kinda concerned with the direction they're taking for this new series that he would be bioengineered like in the video game. Always liked Scorpian's suit from the 90's cartoon.

I can see them building up to Mysterio in 3.

Then maybe they could do Sinister Six Movie... but as an 'Avengers' type movie almost... it that it's kind of a side franchise from the main Spider-Man movies. They could use the Sinister Six movies to re-introduce Venom back into the overall Spider-Man franchise aswell.

Whats wrong with Foxx, @ReZourceman? He's a good actor, he could pull it off. Electro is a bit less than what I'd like though, I think I'd agree on wanting mysterio. It's nice to see lesser done villains done now though. The hat made me think of Silvermane of The Enforcers, though how they'd get into the cell would have been the question. A well done venom could be good, too, but I don't think that will/should happen tbh.

I love Foxx, I think he is a great actor, but he is not Electro. Not at all IMHO. Visually all wrong (skin colour aside) and his persona, the way he carries himself.....just not right AT ALL.

Get down Spidey from there get down (I gotta leave)

Yeah he's a trifling, Spider-Man indeed!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/01/28/paul-giamatti-to-play-rhino-in-the-amazing-spider-man-2

Paul Giamatti Up for Rhino in The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Actor Paul Giamatti (John Adams, Cosmopolis) is reportedly in talks to play the villainous Rhino in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Felicity Jones reportedly eyed for unspecified role.

Felicity-Jones-en-Like-Crazy.jpg

The Hollywood Reporter also claims that British actress Felicity Jones (Like Crazy, Hysteria) is up for an unspecified role in the sequel. Jones is no stranger to Marvel movies having auditioned for the female lead in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Who do you think Jones could be playing? Black Cat? Betty Brant?

Not much to go on, but two potentially new characters for the film.

*fingers remain crossed for that Spidey vs. Rhino[/insert other small fry villain] Pre-Credits fight 'eh?*

Is Mary Jane in this film do we know, if so, wonder if Felicity Jones is in talks for that role?

Paul Giamatti? I can't recall what I've seen in him, but he always strikes me as more of a witty comedy face; can he pull off the dim bluntness of the Rhino?

Paul Giamatti? I can't recall what I've seen in him, but he always strikes me as more of a witty comedy face; can he pull off the dim bluntness of the Rhino?

Among other things, he was Santa in Fred Claus.

He was also in the award-winning Big Fat Liar with Frankie Munizzle.

I personally don't think Electro is a good villain for a film. He's certainly not a Venom, Carnage, Green Goblin or Doctor Octopus. I also think Rhino is a poor choice.

I think the Amazing Spider-Man films need to stick with bigger villains that have much more emotional impact on the story. Venom done right would be awesome. Doc Ock was done superbly in Spiderman 2 and I'd love to see the Green Goblin coming back, but with his costume looking a lot less like a reject from an episdoe of Power Rangers.

I quite liked the Amazing Spider-Man. It wasn't amazing, but I felt it set the right foundation for potentially building a very solid three part franchise with more focus on the emotional development of Peter Parker - that's partially why I' shocked (pardon the pun) by the speculation of these emotionally light weight villains.

So you want them to essentially do what they've already done, but better? Just stick repeatedly to the same old villains until they get it right? It seems so tired when people just keep bringing up the same 'main' villains like that. Carnage I'll accept, as it's not quite Venom and allows a bit more interplay and potential for venom; but green goblin and doc ock have been done(the latter fantasticly) - I don't think, need or want to see them as a main focus again in a spidey film.

I understand that Electro could be a poor choice, he's more of the simple criminal act villain more focused on violence and destruction, but so was Bane in Batman and look how he worked in TDKR.

There are loads of spider-man villains to choose from, absolutely loads they don't need to limit themselves to rehashing the green Goblin and doc Oc so soon....but Venom should be redone and soon just so as to wipe the abortion of an adaptation from our memory that Spider-man 3 was (in venom's portrayal anyway)

electro could be good, especially if coupled with other villains and the right plot, its a little too soon to pass judgement i think

So you want them to essentially do what they've already done, but better? Just stick repeatedly to the same old villains until they get it right? It seems so tired when people just keep bringing up the same 'main' villains like that. Carnage I'll accept, as it's not quite Venom and allows a bit more interplay and potential for venom; but green goblin and doc ock have been done(the latter fantasticly) - I don't think, need or want to see them as a main focus again in a spidey film.

I think Doc Ock was done spectacularly, however as this is a reboot, and as this is telling Peter Parker's story from scratch all over again, then yes I do think they need to stick to the most emotionally involving and interesting villains.

Electro and Rhino seem like standard criminals, not masterminds who would really light up a big screen adaptation.

Please don't think I'm saying that all Spider-Man films should be limited to a set number of villains, but this is a re-boot. Now if you asked me if they should have re-booted, that's a different issue altogether (I don't think a reboot was necessary despite the third film being a let down).

I understand that Electro could be a poor choice, he's more of the simple criminal act villain more focused on violence and destruction, but so was Bane in Batman and look how he worked in TDKR.

There are loads of spider-man villains to choose from, absolutely loads they don't need to limit themselves to rehashing the green Goblin and doc Oc so soon....but Venom should be redone and soon just so as to wipe the abortion of an adaptation from our memory that Spider-man 3 was (in venom's portrayal anyway)

electro could be good, especially if coupled with other villains and the right plot, its a little too soon to pass judgement i think

I don't think Bane was ever just a simple criminal based on wanton destruction and violence. Quite the opposite. Bane broke Batman's will before he broke his body both in the comics and the film.

I definitely agree about Venom, that does need to be redone and done right this time.

In summation, I don't believe the same villains should be used again and again, however with a reboot that examines Spider-Man's origins, certain villains like the Green Goblin and Doc Ock are essential to his development and are needed. I just don't feel that Electro or Rhino are right and certainly aren't crucial in Peter Parker's development.

Which in a way is why rebooting a series can be dangerous as you end up telling the same story (albeit slightly differently) which often involves broadly the same cast.

I agree that reboots can suck when they just end up retelling the same story with the same villains.

Which is why they should just reuse the same villains again.

Chances are there'll be another reboot after another couple of movies, so maybe they'll bring back the Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus then.

Sony reveals synopsis for The Amazing Spider Man 2

The sequel to last year’s critical and box office hit The Amazing Spider-Man, the film stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Shailene Woodley, Dane DeHaan, Colm Feore, Paul Giamatti, and Sally Field.

In The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

The film is directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci & Jeff Pinkner, with a previous draft by James Vanderbilt, and based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are the producers.

http://collider.com/the-amazing-spider-man-2-synopsis/

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/02/07/could-venom-be-in-the-amazing-spider-man-2

Could Venom Be in The Amazing Spider-Man 2?

Director's tweeted photo sparks nerd theorizing.

Director Marc Webb has been tweeting a photo a day this week from the set of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, which just began filming in New York. The photo below has sent fanboys into a frenzy over the possibilities it raises, namely the prospect of Venom being in the movie.

Webb tweeted the photo below yesterday of a locker and included the hashtag "#happybirthday." So why is this significant?

BCdhlz4CcAAwnAM.jpg

As Crave points out (via Badass Digest):

That's the same number as the locker in which Peter Parker and Eddie Brock found the Venom suit in the Ultimate Spider-Man comic books, in which the suit was an invention by their respective parents, intended to cure cancer. Eventually, the symbiote bonded to Brock, and if you know anything about Spider-Man whatsoever, you probably at least get the gist of what happened next. This, dear readers, is the locker in which Venom was born.

That is not, however, the significance of the hashtag "#happybirthday." February 6 is the birthday of Amazing Spider-Man 2 co-star Dane DeHaan, who plays Harry Osborn in the sequel. Translation: "Happy Birthday, Dane DeHaan... Here's your Venom suit."

If we're right (again, if Marc Webb isn't just screwing with us), then Dane DeHaan would be the new Venom. And that makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? The son of the Green Goblin, friends with Peter Parker, who will eventually turn on the hero. With his roots in OsCorp and his best friend Spider-Man destined to turn against Harry's father, Dane DeHaan seems like the perfect candidate for the Venom suit in the new franchise, and then get his own solo movie, courtesy of DeHaan's old Chronicle director, Josh Trank.

Seems like the perfect Credits scene to setup the next film, or a Venom movie.

Venom could be in Spiderman 3 again! :p

Edited by Retro_Link

Well that's near on following the current Ultimate Spiderman cartoon where Harry becomes Venom.

Could be good but in the cartoon it never sat right with me, Brock is Venom END OF. If true we'll see how it goes I guess.

So long as they do Venom itself right I guess that all that matter.

If and when they introduce Green Goblin I wonder will they go the Ultimate route too and make Norman transform into an actual Green Goblin creature rather than wearing a costume.

With how heavily they've borrowed/seem to be borrowing from the Ultimate Spiderman books I wonder why they didn't just title the films "Ultimate Spiderman" instead of Amazing Spiderman.

What is the betting that by the end of part 3 Peter dies and in a post credits scene Miles Morales appears to set up the next trilogy :heh:

Director Marc Webb has been having some fun on Twitter, posting a video that features a ridiculously brief glimpse at what appears to be Spider-Man’s new costume.

The vid shows one of the silver eye lenses from Peter Parker’s new suit. And it appears to be surrounded by black material. Should we read anything into that?

spidey.jpg

First Official Look At The New Suit For THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2

hr_The_Amazing_Spider-Man_2_1.jpg

In "The Amazing Spider-Man 2," for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy -- between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can't come quickly enough. Peter hasn't forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen's father to protect her by staying away -- but that's a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/koolkillernews/news/?a=74723#aLMPyR0Pw8XCrAEp.99