NEurope

If you have any questions or concerns over the rules please ask within this thread. An admin or moderator will do their best to respond promptly.

Why do I keep getting this message:

"There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.

Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience"

Why do I keep getting this message:

"There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.

Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience"

It's early days. The forum ONLY just launched, and the server is probably quite clogged with registrations. I'm told we've had around 87 members in 38 minutes. Don't be too surprised if things go bang in a little while. Teething problems that will be ironed out with age.

Stop worrying about it, I've gotten the same message numerous times. A simple refresh will amend the issue.

Yeah the server is being banged around at the moment. We apparently had 110 users online at one point. I think Tim mentioned that we've had nearly 4000 connections and that was a while ago.

After a few days the rush will settle down and it'll be fine.

its not that its to bad but whenever it comes up I have to leave the site to start viewing it again.

I'm curious as to what this "group membership" thing in my profiles entails. Would someone be able to enlighten me?

You can set up groups (a la' clans etc) sorta like CE Elite and add people to them. Groups can have custom assigned permissions and so on.

I think.

You can set up groups (a la' clans etc) sorta like CE Elite and add people to them. Groups can have custom assigned permissions and so on.

I think.

For example boards that only certain groups can see, for example the Elites, monkeys, or l33ts :p

Well, i wouldn't say that "we are allowed to swear", because you can definitely post without the need to swear. Although, i won't be banning anyone if they swear once or twice. If they just spam and use swear words far too much, then i will be on their case.

Personally tho, i don't think anyone has got anything to worry about on that front. The language is mostly clean, so far. :)

Just as long as I can swear once in a while I'm OK. Anyway, what's that blue icon near the join date that says "*username* is on a distinguished road"?

You can use "reasonable" swear words, the kind your mother may not worry too much about. Just be polite, we all swear at times (despite what my ex-manager wished to believe) but no need to get swear happy.

The blue thing relates to Karma (read seperate Rules thread). The more karma poitns you get the more squares you get.

• Like 1

thets how many people have put you as their "refferer" when they registers

Why are postcounts visible in the profile? i thaught you had turned them off?

thets how many people have put you as their "refferer" when they registers

Why are postcounts visible in the profile? i thaught you had turned them off?

Cheers. Jordan told me it was how many people had reported "bad posts" about you. I've been beating myself up about it for the last hour cos i thought i was unloved. :sad:

Um, as far as i know, it wasn't possible to remove the post counts. We've removed them off the forum pages, but you can still see the count in your profile. I think there wasn't a way around that.

So with this being the new forum for a new site, will folks that may have been banned from Cube Europe be allowed to sign up here?

They should totally increase the profile picture size (dimensions) I posted a thread solely about this but I didn't want to start arguments. Needless to say someone should check it out and fix it (Because it's mathematically nonsensical).

Oooh and avatar text, where are you my sweet puppy?

(Hence my edited avatar).

How do we know who's male or female on the boards?

jsut make a topic about with the feature that you can see who voted and who not, and maybe there a feature for Vbulletin for showing that...

Piro and Bowser, we'll definitely look into that. Dante, i'm not sure myself. Although, to be honest, i haven't looked for anything that tells you about gender on these new boards yet. Still getting used to them.