NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

Helldivers (PS4/PS3/PSVita)

Figured this could warrant its own thread.

Brutal, panic-inducing and hilarious, Helldivers is Arrowhead Game Studios' co-op madness at its best.

Eurogamer Review

I've only played the training mission, one singleplayer mission and one multiplayer session, but I can already say: It's so much fun :)

It's got offline and online co-op.

Dan convinced me to get this. I wasn't expecting too much, another typical top down shooter. Nu huh, it's awesome. Way more strategy than you'd expect and friendly fire makes it a million times better, and I never thought I'd say that.

There are little bits of Dead Nation, Left 4 Dead and some tower defense mixed all into one and it's a blast.

Way more strategy than you'd expect and friendly fire makes it a million times better, and I never thought I'd say that.

Friendly fire, you say? :laughing:

I laughed way too hard at that turret double-kill :D

Those turrets are amazing. I love using them. They're so powerful and can be such a liability, a great bit of risk/reward gameplay. I'm basically just going to throw myself on the ground every time I deploy one now. Ha!

Turrets are awesome indeed :D

Mainly used at the extraction point so far, but it's great so see how people place them perfectly to cover as much area as possible.

Even without party chat or voice communication it's still amazing in coop. Definitely need to get my headset back which a mate borrowed. :laughing:

Edit: Reached Rank 7 : peace: Some hilarious deaths occurred :laughing: Falling off cliffs, getting smacked by hellpods, the freaking shuttle landing on my head, more turret-team-kills, not realizing that the bug-nest-destroying-bomb is active :D

This game has great potential for DLC or even a sequel. Imagine loot, weapons with stats (similar to Diablo), more mission variety, huge bosses...well, inspiration from Diablo is basically where it's at.

Edited by drahkon

This game is absolutely awesome. Even better for basically coming out of nowhere for me.

Love the feel, love the pacing. The combat definitely has shades of Left 4 Dead - that element of conserving ammo, positioning and friendly fire. The game also does a great job at keeping the crazy pressure on and keeping you moving.

Terrific game. Looking really healthy online too which is great.

Man, on higher difficulties (i.e. have only tried "Challenging" so far) it gets fucking INTENSE.

Keeping your calm is key. However, that's not easy to when shitloads of bugs jump at you from every angle.

Even when you think you have time to rest the game says: "Lol, noob! Fuck you! More enemies!"

It's amazing. :bowdown:

You did! @jayseven has it also. However today I need to install a new HDD in my PS4 so not sure if I'll get on this evening.

Edited by Shorty

Shorty was awesome and got me the ps3 version. I'm up for playing it tomorrow/today (thursday) after 7:30pm. I need to get home and install it and ensure other housemates aren't obstructing the lounge but should be good to go!

Any new takers with the PS+ freeage? Downloaded and played a quick bit with @Frag Grimes and @Marcamillian the other night. Still very early days but given the co-op nature maybe we'll keep up with it a bit - if you see me on and fancy some just send me a PSN message!

Not sure my impressions so far. Seems an interesting concept and does remind me of Magicka a bit(a comparison Frag made, and told me it's apparently from the same guys) in its sort of co-op implementation - we haven't been particularly challenged(though certainly died on easy bits) so far however so not sure I can make a good enough judgement on it yet.

Sign in to follow this