NEurope
Cube

Assassin's Creed Unity

Just a rumour at the moment, but here's an early screenshot of Assassin's Creed Unity (lots of assets, especially textures, are very early):

8w6vFly.jpg

It will be based in 18th century Paris during the French Revolution and centred around an assassin called Arno. It is supposedly due for release later this year on PS4 and XBO.

But wait, there's more.

There will be a second (actually, third if you include Liberation HD) Creed game out this year, and is currently known as Assassin's Creed Comet, but that may not be the final name. This one will be on the PS3 and 360. No news on if either version will be on Wii U (if one is, it will very likely be Comet), but PC also hasn't been mentioned (and at least one - probably Unity - will certainly be on PC).

Personally, I was hoping for something extremely different and a setting that would force them to try new things - like ancient Egypt, and two games seem like overkill. I was actually expecting the franchise to skip this year while they work on something to freshen up the series a lot.

If both versions are completely different games (like Liberation's is to III) then both will likely be a purchase. But, i have this feeling that they won't be completely different. More like a lesser version of the latter, like Driveclub was getting a free PS+ version (with less content) and a paid version (with all content)

Ugh, two of the buttons are labelled Parkour. Sooo last decade.

Ugh, two of the buttons are labelled Parkour. Sooo last decade.

All I can think of when I hear Parkour is:

Only version that's decent quality but is in spanish which somehow makes it funnier!

I don't find the French Revolution a very interesting period, especially as a narrative for the series. If it had to be France(and not Ancient Egypt or feudal Japan) I rather have the 14th-15th century and the Hundred Year War, particulary during Jeanne d'Arc. Taking part in the siege of Orleans sounds a lot more exciting than storming some prison.

Edited by Tales

Ancient Egypt or Feudal Japan would have been awesome.

I don't think they can top Black Flag though for location/time though. It was damn good.

Ha!

Just saw this on Reddit:

Assassin's Creed: White Flag

I don't believe those graphics. Not in a "those are amazing" way, but in "it won't look like that at launch" way.

Watch_Dogs is being made by a completely different studio doing a cross generation game. There's literally no need to be quite so sceptical.

Black Flag looks sublime, and that had the burden of cross-gen to bear (hurr), so I have no doubts that this is going to destroy my retinas.

I don't think we have any reason to believe this will look this. Ubisoft constantly proving they can't be relied on this regard.

Why would this not be called Assassin's Creed V if it's a new time period?

Unity is such an awful name.

The french revolution is the most boring period...why not the rumoured Russian revolution? fuedal Japan? Modern times? 20/30's new york? Britain during the Victorian age? Ancient Egypt? a different French time period?

Ancient Egypt sounds cool in theory, but there was nothing to the landscape was there?

Still cant believe they're passing on Victorian London though!

Ancient Egypt sounds cool in theory, but there was nothing to the landscape was there?

Still cant believe they're passing on Victorian London though!

North African cities and civilizations were magnificent though. Just look at reconstructions of Carthage for example which actually exists in a game (Rome 2: Total War. Ancient Egyptian civilization was quite expansive for its time and very wealthy as well. For the game, they obviously wouldn't be thinking of 3000BC, they'd be thinking more of the time around 500BC-100CE when Egypt had a lot of commerce with Greece and finally Rome, and there was a lot of cultural exchange going on. From artistic reconstructions of ancient Egyptian cities they look really architecturally interesting, if not the same scale as revolutionary France, and I've never played anything that takes a look at the events and culture of something from that timeframe, whereas anyone who took a fucking history class in the western world knows about the French Revolution.

whereas anyone who took a fucking history class in the western world knows about the French Revolution.

I actually know absolutely nothing about it. It never came up in school.

I actually know absolutely nothing about it. It never came up in school.

We studied it, but I don't remember too much of what I learned. Either way, you have to admit it has a more familiar feel than ancient Egypt.

North African cities and civilizations were magnificent though. Just look at reconstructions of Carthage for example which actually exists in a game (Rome 2: Total War. Ancient Egyptian civilization was quite expansive for its time and very wealthy as well. For the game, they obviously wouldn't be thinking of 3000BC, they'd be thinking more of the time around 500BC-100CE when Egypt had a lot of commerce with Greece and finally Rome, and there was a lot of cultural exchange going on. From artistic reconstructions of ancient Egyptian cities they look really architecturally interesting, if not the same scale as revolutionary France, and I've never played anything that takes a look at the events and culture of something from that timeframe, whereas anyone who took a fucking history class in the western world knows about the French Revolution.

Yeah, the ancient cities in Egypt, Greece and Carthage were quite large at their height. Would love to go deeper in the history and experience the architecture and the world close up.

I don't understand the desire for Victorian London though. I get the city is interesting, but the time period? Didn't every exciting stuff happen everywhere but England?

Sorry, lady assassins or no sale.

AC Liberation?

Any time period before the 11th century cannot happen because that's when the assassin order started.

I also know very little about the French revolution, other than it spurred some battles in Ireland. I don't think it's a particularly boring period either. Any period can be exciting depending on the storyline.