NEurope
Retro_Link

Captain Toad: Treasure Trackers

NOE put out a reason for Captain Toad's delay...

... and it's pretty much exactly what I was expecting to hear...

It's DK Tropical Freeze all over again... Expect Q1 2015 to be totally barren in that case :(

(unless Smash Wii U gets delayed, which I still think is a very strong possibility...)

Smash will not be delayed. Seriously :p

That reason is garbage, though.

Smash will not be delayed. Seriously :p

You just jinxed it. Pack it up lads, no Smash on Wii U this year.

so this month, basically Nothing.

September: Hyrule Warriors

October: Nothing

November:Nothing

December:Nothing

With undated releases for these games:

Bayonetta 2

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Watch Dogs

I'd like to guess at those 3 games fitting in october-december, but I don't see it really

Seriously?

Strong line-up. :indeed:

Bayonetta 2

Watch Dogs

Pretty much, yeah. :(

I'd like to guess at those 3 games fitting in october-december, but I don't see it really
I still recon Bayonetta 2 will hit hit at the end of October, in time for Halloween.

Smash Bros. for Wii U is an interesting one now though, I really expected it to be out by summer, but it could potentially be 2015. :shakehead(something @Dcubed & @Serebii will continue to debate :hehe:)

And Watch Dogs, well... I'll believe it when I see it. :heh:

I really feel for any Wii U only gamers.

*Goes back to playing Ni No Kuni.* :D

Bayonetta 2

Watch Dogs

To be fair, Bayonetta 2 IS coming out on September 20th in Japan, so October should be a lock for us...

but yeah... That lineup is looking pretty dismal now. Somehow they've actually managed to have an even worse lineup than last year!

I'm gonna end up having to play DKCTF in place of Captain Toad and pretend it came out in November, just to fill the gap :(

October IS a lock for Bayonetta 2. It is dated for October, we just don't have a specific date. The original Bayonetta, too.

Smash Bros will almost certainly be November.

Sonic Boom is in November, too.

And, since you're including third party titles such as Watch_Dogs, then Just Dance 2015 is out October 21st, Pac-man Ghostly Adventures 2 is out in October. Disney Infinity is in September. Skylanders in November. Lego Batman 3 is also out around October/November. We're almost certain to get CoD, too, they just piss about with the Nintendo release reveal for some unknown reason.

There's probably a lot I forgot. However, either you just list first party, or you list all the third party. Stop just picking and choosing things to make the list look bleaker.

Edited by Serebii

October IS a lock for Bayonetta 2. It is dated for October, we just don't have a specific date. The original Bayonetta, too.

Smash Bros will almost certainly be November.

Sonic Boom is in November, too.

And, since you're including third party titles such as Watch_Dogs, then Just Dance 2015 is out October 21st, Pac-man Ghostly Adventures 2 is out in October. Disney Infinity is in September. Skylanders in November. Lego Batman 3 is also out around October/November. We're almost certain to get CoD, too, they just piss about with the Nintendo release reveal for some unknown reason.

There's probably a lot I forgot. However, either you just list first party, or you list all the third party. Stop just picking and choosing things to make the list look bleak.

To be fair, most of those 3rd party games will probably be caca. :heh:

But if you do remember any more titles, please let me now so I can add them to the release list thread. :)

To be fair, most of those 3rd party games will probably be caca. :heh:

But if you do remember any more titles, please let me now so I can add them to the release list thread. :)

Most third party releases are, regardless of them being on the Wii U or not.

I'm not a snob, honest :p

Seriously, most lack the level of polish I have come to expect from games, thanks to my love of Nintendo, and most are so violent. The majority involve guns and I'm completely bored of that. I dislike how the industry has shifted to that.

Edited by Serebii

However, either you just list first party, or you list all the third party. Stop just picking and choosing things to make the list look bleaker.

I've no problem with that list being disputed, I'm pleased october has something confirmed. But stfu on telling me what my motives are in posting. Because you are wrong. Try thinking outside your limited box before posting replies.

Captain Toad being pushed into next year does somewhat imply we should be getting Smash this year. It reminds me of Mario and DK last year.

Stop just picking and choosing things to make the list look bleaker.
Stop just listing any third party games to make things look better. We all know the games one another are actually interested in rather than just ones making up the numbers.
Most third party releases are, regardless of them being on the Wii U or not.
I don't think anyone really believe this but you Serebii. Maybe it's true of the ratio of good to bad third party games, but you can just ignore the bad ones and still be spoilt for choice.

Stop just listing any third party games to make things look better. We all know the games one another are actually interested in rather than just ones making up the numbers.

When someone starts listing out releases to make the point that things look blank, but ignores a good number of releases, then I will add to the list to make it more factual. If you don't like that, then that's tough.

If it was just first party, I'd have let it be, but the inclusion of Watch_Dogs indicated the list was intended to be a list of all software. Therefore, the exclusion of the other games I listed was illogical and damaged the point being made.

When someone starts listing out releases to make the point that things look blank, but ignores a good number of releases, then I will add to the list to make it more factual. If you don't like that, then that's tough.

If it was just first party, I'd have let it be, but the inclusion of Watch_Dogs indicated the list was intended to be a list of all software. Therefore, the exclusion of the other games I listed was illogical and damaged the point being made.

Simple reading comprehension task for you serebii.

1) Where did the author explicitly state to the reader that the purpose of his list was " to make the point that things look blank"

2) What does the author do to ensure that the reader knows that the list is comprehensive and without fault?

Watchdogs is commonly regarded as a fairly good game, hence the sales that outpaced mk8. Your summation that it's inclusion indicated the list was intended to list all software is illogical.

The games I stated are those I expected could elicit a certain level of genuine interest amongst a fairly broad and notable portion of readers. Just dance 2015, while I am sure it will rock your world, isn't the kind of game I imagine a large number of gamers would be desperate to add to their collection.

Capiche?

I don't think any gamer should really write off the Lego games, or Disney Infinity. They may look like "kids games" but actually have a lot of depth and a lot of content. I think people are a bit snobby and although they desire third party stuff to come to the console, what they really want is a top top Nintendo game every month as well. Look a bit wider and there'll be no problem filling the drought.

I don't think any gamer should really write off the Lego games, or Disney Infinity. They may look like "kids games" but actually have a lot of depth and a lot of content. I think people are a bit snobby and although they desire third party stuff to come to the console, what they really want is a top top Nintendo game every month as well. Look a bit wider and there'll be no problem filling the drought.

A top game every month is what most people want, not necessarily Nintendo's work, I think.

Anyway, back on topic, I guess on the plus side of this delay, we can listen to what the Americans make of it, so a more informed decision for us Europeans. Silver lining and all that.

Captain Toad looks like a really fun game, but, along with the upcoming Mario Maker and Super Luigi U last year, felt like a filler title to compliment other big releases. But again, much like what happened with Luigi U and Wind Waker HD, there's so little being released that it's now being treated as a huge release (and no doubt being sold for £40), especially now they've purposely delayed it.

I'm just confused as to what Nintendo are doing with all their staff. This year, the only real AAA title we've had from Nintendo is Mario Kart 8. In fact, it might sound like I'm being a troll, but Mario Kart 8 feels like the only real AAA title Nintendo have given us in the Wii U's lifetime. Pikmin 3 was a Wii title with updated graphics, New Super Mario Bros was a lazy update, Luigi U even more so and Mario 3D world, whilst fun, was by far the least exciting and most disappointing 3D Mario title to date, and was clearly made in a strict time-frame. Every other 3D Mario title has been made with love and broken some boundaries but 3D World, from the levels which were all very grid-like, to the fixed camera and lack of exploration, was cleary rushed out.

So yeah, it's not like Nintendo are making many AAA titles apart from Smash Bros right now, so the fact that Captain Toad, which again seems like a cheap money maker, is being delayed is worrying. What the hell has happened to Nintendo and all of their staff? Are they all busy molding Amiibos?

Captain Toad looks like a really fun game, but, along with the upcoming Mario Maker and Super Luigi U last year, felt like a filler title to compliment other big releases. But again, much like what happened with Luigi U and Wind Waker HD, there's so little being released that it's now being treated as a huge release (and no doubt being sold for £40), especially now they've purposely delayed it.

I'm just confused as to what Nintendo are doing with all their staff. This year, the only real AAA title we've had from Nintendo is Mario Kart 8. In fact, it might sound like I'm being a troll, but Mario Kart 8 feels like the only real AAA title Nintendo have given us in the Wii U's lifetime. Pikmin 3 was a Wii title with updated graphics, New Super Mario Bros was a lazy update, Luigi U even more so and Mario 3D world, whilst fun, was by far the least exciting and most disappointing 3D Mario title to date, and was clearly made in a strict time-frame. Every other 3D Mario title has been made with love and broken some boundaries but 3D World, from the levels which were all very grid-like, to the fixed camera and lack of exploration, was cleary rushed out.

So yeah, it's not like Nintendo are making many AAA titles apart from Smash Bros right now, so the fact that Captain Toad, which again seems like a cheap money maker, is being delayed is worrying. What the hell has happened to Nintendo and all of their staff? Are they all busy molding Amiibos?

The Pikmin 3 complaint is ridiculous. Just because it began life as a Wii title doesn't mean it should be talked down about. It's still a AAA Wii U title.

Also, Zelda & Splatoon

Edited by Serebii

Poor Toad. He just wants everyone to enjoy his treasure adventure. Instead, you're all bickering aaaaaaas usual.

EVEN TOAD'S HAD ENOUGH.

Captain-Toad-Backpack.png

Poor little guy.

The Pikmin 3 complaint is ridiculous. Just because it began life as a Wii title doesn't mean it should be talked down about. It's still a AAA Wii title.

Not sure if Freudian slip...

I'm gutted because Mario games (and their spin-offs) are perfect Xmas gaming material for me, so it'll feel weird playing this in January, strange as that sounds.

It's over 2 months since the last comment in this thread which shows the lack of news for this game. Well here's some but it's not good for the Americans if true.

RUMOR: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Delayed Til 2015?

Granted, Nintendo’s quirky charming little puzzle-platformer Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker has never really had a release date beyond that vague “Holiday 2014″, but the game was already pushed back in Europe until next year and it seems like we may have to wait here in the U.S. as well.

Video Game rental service Gamefly has changed the release date of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker to March 2015. Obviously, this isn’t anything close to an official confirmation of a delay, but given that we are in October and Nintendo has already delayed the game in Europe along with no announcement of a release date for the U.S. as of yet, a delay would not be surprising. It may even be a marketing thing as Nintendo seems to putting nearly all their focus on Smash Bros. for the holiday season (although the Wii U doesn’t have an official release date either, but all signs point to it coming out in November) and may not have the time to devote to a smaller title that could use something like a Nintendo Direct to promote it such as Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

http://gamesided.com/2014/10/06/rumor-captain-toad-treasure-tracker-delayed-til-2015/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Around the Network

I did expect this to happen... It doesn't make any sense to delay this game in only one region when it's gonna end up having hardly any text anyway ::shrug:

I did expect this to happen... It doesn't make any sense to delay this game in only one region when it's gonna end up having hardly any text anyway ::shrug:

But it has huge FMVs with voice acting and plotting...clearly :p

Confirmed for December 5th in America

Japanese Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Introduction Video

Available in Japan on 13th November.

Japanese Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker site is now open.

BzjSo-oCcAAhyFP.jpg

Toadette is playable and there are 70 levels in the game. It's probably Nintendo's best use of the gamepad as well.

More footage again including Toadette playable.

WiiU - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - 60 FPS Gameplay

To Play this video in 60 FPS watch it in 2 times speed. If U don´t have this feature in your videobrowser, change your YouTube settings from "flash" into "HTML5": http://www.youtube.com/html5

Also change it to 720p if it isn't already.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost