NEurope
Retro_Link

Captain Toad: Treasure Trackers

I honestly thought this would be an eShop title. Didn't think it'd be a full retail title.

Damn, if people were to tell me 10 year ago that Toad would get his own game I'd spit out my coconut water right in their face.

Will not be spending more than 30 euros on this one though.

Isn't this basically a new IP!? Nintendo's genius has not failed us.

A new IP that's a spin-off of a classic one, yeah :)

Looking forward this this game as I really enjoyed the Toad levels in Mario 3D World.

Good to hear from Reggie that it's a proper retail game with plenty of depth. I like the variety of levels on show too. The ones in 3D World were great but they were all cube shaped and similar.

Nice little analysis vid from Gamexplain. I can't wait for this game!

I can't imagine there'll only be 20 levels though, if it's a full priced retail game it will have to be comparable to Mario 3D World's 80 or so, surely?

Nice little analysis vid from Gamexplain. I can't wait for this game!

I can't imagine there'll only be 20 levels though, if it's a full priced retail game it will have to be comparable to Mario 3D World's 80 or so, surely?

Yeah. Don't worry, there will be more than 20.

Those guys are so so good. I'm used to the guys drawl now as well.

This game needs to have more than Mario's 80 in my opinion, the levels are much smaller... If there is 20 it would be an absolute joke!

I still think this game would make more sense on the 3DS, in a pick up and play a couple of levels sort of way.

Also the levels aren't that much shorter than 3D World's, especially if you collect all the gems each will probably take you a few minutes.

May have been delayed to January in Europe :(

sanstitrevmefs.png

Massive kick in the nuts if true. It's one of my most anticipated titles across all the platforms this year. :(

Massive kick in the nuts if true. It's one of my most anticipated titles across all the platforms this year. :(

It is true. Listed on Nintendo's earnings release. Every other region still gets it this year.

Sometimes, waiting for the rest of Europe sucks.

Well that leaves us with sweet FA other than Smash for the Xmas season then...

And when that gets delayed... oh dear...

And when that gets delayed... oh dear...

That won't be delayed. That would destroy Nintendo if it was.

That won't be delayed. That would destroy Nintendo if it was.

Cause Nintendo have never had massive delays for games that they've been banking on before...

Either they release the game unfinished and fix it later with patches (which they desperately don't want to do), or it gets pushed back till next year. The game doesn't look ready for primetime, going by its recent demo showings (bugs and nasty glitches a plenty) and I can't feasibly see them having it ready in time when the 3DS version had to be pushed back already and is also so close to the Xmas season itself...

That being said, I can't see why Captain Toad would be delayed for just Europe alone... There can't be that much text to translate here... Either they're using it to plug a gap in Europe specifically, or a delay in other regions is to follow...

Edited by Dcubed

Cause Nintendo have never had massive delays for games that they've been banking on before...

Either they release the game unfinished and fix it later with patches (which they desperately don't want to do), or it gets pushed back till next year. The game doesn't look ready for primetime, going by its recent demo showings (bugs and nasty glitches a plenty) and I can't feasibly see them having it ready in time when the 3DS version had to be pushed back already and is also so close to the Xmas season itself...

I can guarantee it will be out this year.

Pretty much. Nice to see they are keeping the momentum going after the release of Mario Kart. :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Pretty much. Nice to see they are keeping the momentum going after the release of Mario Kart. :D

Sales have held, they seem to have leveled off at double the amount of sales prior to mk8.

Also perhaps Toad is delayed to ensure that Smash gets released on schedule?