NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Wii

SteamWorld Dig - Wii U

SteamWorld Dig - Nintendo eShop Trailer (Wii U)

The critically acclaimed SteamWorld Dig is coming to Wii U, 28th August 2014.

SteamWorld Dig is a platform mining adventure. Take the role of Rusty, a lone mining steambot, as he arrives at an old mining town in great need. Dig your way through the old earth, gaining riches while uncovering the ancient threat that lurks below...

Explore an underground world full of secrets, treasure and terrors, and uncover the remnants of human civilisation, a degenerate race of dynamite-wielding troglodytes.

The map and other interface elements are now displayed on the Wii U GamePad for clutter-free graphics, and you can use off-TV play to continue digging on the Wii U GamePad even when your TV is occupied or turned off.

• A rich world of steam-driven robots, inspired by Steampunk and Western themes
  • Randomised worlds with emergent gameplay
  • Enhanced for Wii U with off-TV play and second screen gameplay

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Wii-U-download-software/SteamWorld-Dig-911166.html

SteamWorld Dig Wii U Release Date and Pricing Surface

We're digging that HD resolution

SteamWorld Dig is one of the most popular games on the 3DS eShop, and for good reason, so it's unsurprising that news of the HD iteration coming to Wii U was greeted with some delight. After previously outlining a release date on Twitter, Image & Form has now shared full details of the ever-closer HD release.

To start with, it is arriving on 28th August in North America, Europe and Australia, and will be priced at £6.99 / €8.99 / $9.99. As for what enhancements gamers can expect in comparison to the 3DS version, an announcement page outlines the following.

• HD graphics: Beautiful, high-resolution (1080p) graphics
  • Eye candy: Animated character portraits, bloom filter, tweaks and polish
  • Customizable screen interface and controls
  • Languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Russian
  • Clutter-free HD graphics. The map and other interface elements are now displayed on the Wii U GamePad
  • Off-TV Play. Continue digging on the Wii U GamePad even when your TV is occupied or turned off
  • Support for Wii U Pro Controller
  • And maybe there’s an Easter egg somewhere?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/08/steamworld_dig_wii_u_release_date_and_pricing_surface

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Edited by Wii

I'm definitely double-dipping, it was that good.

One of the developers who spoke to IGN suggested there would be more different than just 'an easter egg', ie. additional Nintendo themed room(s)

I still need to get back to the PC version of this at some point. Bought it during the Steam sale but only played a bit to test it out.

Loved this on 3DS, great little game!

Anyone who hasn't played this yet, do not hesitate! :D

Loved this on 3DS, great little game!

Anyone who hasn't played this yet, do not hesitate! :D

It's like Metroid, isn't it? Not a huge fan of games like that but it does look gorgeous.

It's a Metroidvania style game yeah. I would seriously recommend, I couldn't put it down it was that good. The 1080p version looks particularly lovely.

Great game! Short but sweet. ^^

(I would recommend PC, Vita or WiiU, though.

Dat 3DS dpad placement. -.-')

It's like Metroid, isn't it? Not a huge fan of games like that but it does look gorgeous.

Blasphemy!

I wouldn't say it's that metroidy, although I can understand why people call it that. I'd watch a video review of it and see what you think, but it's personally one of the best indie titles I've ever played. It's on 5-7 hours long and you'll have a fantastic time with it during that period.

I wouldn't say it's that metroidy, although I can understand why people call it that. I'd watch a video review of it and see what you think, but it's personally one of the best indie titles I've ever played. It's on 5-7 hours long and you'll have a fantastic time with it during that period.

5-7 hours? That's the one complaint I've read constantly about this game. It's really good but extremely short.

5-7 hours? That's the one complaint I've read constantly about this game. It's really good but extremely short.

Super Metroid is barely over 5 hours long and it's the best game of all time ;)

The game wouldn't be as fascinating if it was longer. It's also worth remembering that this isn't a £40 game or a £20 one either. It's well worth the money.

Super Metroid is barely over 5 hours long and it's the best game of all time ;)

The game wouldn't be as fascinating if it was longer. It's also worth remembering that this isn't a £40 game or a £20 one either. It's well worth the money.

Super Metroid is longer than 5 hours but I take your point.

http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=9390

http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=12740

And yes Super Metroid is the greatest game of all time.

The game is perfectly paced and doesn't need to be any longer than it already is :)

It's the perfect length for this game. Not everything needs to be 50 hours and 200GB

Yeah, it's not that much like Metroid, it just seems the easiest/fastest thing to compare it to/use as a basis. The gameplay in Steamworld Dig, and what stayed with me, is the process of mining and drilling - choosing which blocks to destroy and which to keep.

As with other metroidvania style games, there are gated off areas that require finding certain abilities before being allowed to progress. It resembles Metroid in its structure but obviously the gameplay mechanics are different.

Can anyone explain why this isn't cross play? We we have to pay £4.99 as our DISCOUNT for owning the 3ds version...? It's on both, the consoles can read each other's purchases, there seems to be no reason why we couldn't have it for free other then pure greed. Why do companies feel like it's only Nintendo fans they should do this to? I'm sure there's a reason, but I don't get it.

I'd love to have this on my Wii U, but it's basically £4.99 for nicer graphics from what I have seen.

Finished this game this evening. It's a good game. Definitely a sense of Super Metroid Extra Light off it. It's a very short game and I took my time, looks nice, don't remember any memorable music. Not much enemy variety either and there's only 1 boss at the end. Still I only paid €4.50 in the sale so I'd give it a 7-8/10. I'd like a sequel to be much more expanded.

Finished this game this evening. It's a good game. Definitely a sense of Super Metroid Extra Light off it. It's a very short game and I took my time, looks nice, don't remember any memorable music. Not much enemy variety either and there's only 1 boss at the end. Still I only paid €4.50 in the sale so I'd give it a 7-8/10. I'd like a sequel to be much more expanded.

I got this on PlaystationPlus as one of the monthly games. U maaaaaaad?

It looks great but I haven't had the time or urgency to play it.

I got this on PlaystationPlus as one of the monthly games. U maaaaaaad?

It looks great but I haven't had the time or urgency to play it.

I don't know about PlaystationPlus, why would I be mad, did you get it for free?

Sign in to follow this