NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Final Fantasy XV

Just shown at the Sony presser. This is FF Versus renamed and with a different look.

Just confirmed as a PS4 title at the moment.

Love it! :)

Nothing else I can say.

Indeed.

I went nuts when they showed this and KH3 back to back.

I found it odd they didn't say this will be exclusive, but claimed FFXIV exclusive, which is also available for the PC. Here's a little hope that both this and KH3 will be available for other consoles, too.

I thought this look excellent. Like Final Fantasy crossed with God of War. If I were Sony, I'd send people over to Square to make sure this doesn't take forever to come out.

Yeah someone needs to go light a rocket under Square's arse they are so unbelievable slow lately

So... uhh... is this a RPG? Didn't look like it from the trailer but I haven't watched it properly.

From old trailers, it was more open world like the Wii game Last Story or Xenoblade, not sure which. Combat looks similar to kingdom hearts which is definitely no bad thing.

EDIT: So basically an action RPG.

At least this guarantees they actually spent a proper time making the game like they used to, right? Just looks ace.

The official Xbox mag on twitter have just confirmed this is coming out on Xbox One as well.

Saying it was revealed at a Square conference. I don't have a link sorry.

This looks amazing! I also can't wait for KH3 either! I want them both on the Xbox 360! :(:(:(:(:(

I thought this look excellent. Like Final Fantasy crossed with God of War. If I were Sony, I'd send people over to Square to make sure this doesn't take forever to come out.

It reminded me of Uncharted more. You know, if Nathan Drake had a sword, and super(er) powers.

The good news is from what i am playing of FF XIV is pretty good. Its very much like FF12 but a MMO in the laziest way to explain things. I like that its not like other MMO i have played. You can play the same account on PS3 and PC. PC game has great graphics. The environments are not to the scale of WOW or even Guild Wars 2 but it has its own identity. Presentation is top notch, music is great etc. Bodes well for FFXV.

The good news is from what i am playing of FF XIV is pretty good. Its very much like FF12 but a MMO in the laziest way to explain things. I like that its not like other MMO i have played. You can play the same account on PS3 and PC. PC game has great graphics. The environments are not to the scale of WOW or even Guild Wars 2 but it has its own identity. Presentation is top notch, music is great etc. Bodes well for FFXV.

What server you testing playing on. I made a character on cerberus. From what I have played, I *think* i enjoyed the game but it maybe because I could play with a controller on my PC and my expectations were low.

Will agree though, the graphics, sound and animations really impressed. The world and its design are well realised. The fate events are interesting, monster unique as well as the playable races.

Thing is, the combat is the same as any other mmo. Basically, it's not an action mmo and without that, I get bored VERY quickly. I want to like FFXIV but once you play one good action combat mmo, you really can't go back.

What server you testing playing on. I made a character on cerberus. From what I have played, I *think* i enjoyed the game but it maybe because I could play with a controller on my PC and my expectations were low.

Will agree though, the graphics, sound and animations really impressed. The world and its design are well realised. The fate events are interesting, monster unique as well as the playable races.

Thing is, the combat is the same as any other mmo. Basically, it's not an action mmo and without that, I get bored VERY quickly. I want to like FFXIV but once you play one good action combat mmo, you really can't go back.

action MMo like wow?

WoW is a grindfest even at low levels.....

I enjoyed Rift but didn't have time for it.

I never got into the FFXIV Beta, but oh well.

No like Tera. Wow bored me after 15 minutes.

Tera combat is worse than WOW. Combat is a big deal for these games and Tera struggles. Archer in Tera vs Hunter in Wow no comparison.

I do think Tera should work on their combat as its even more like an action game than wow but the depth isnt there and its weird how you cant attack and move the same time yet you can aim etc. which most games dont do.

Edited by Choze

Tera combat is worse than WOW. Combat is a big deal for these games and Tera struggles. Archer in Tera vs Hunter in Wow no comparison.

Couldn't disagree with you more. IMO Tera requires more skill, but you know what, it's my opinion and you are entitled to your own. As it is. FFXIV has more in common with WoW than Tera when it comes to combat mechanics and for me, that's a bad thing.

Couldn't disagree with you more. IMO Tera requires more skill, but you know what, it's my opinion and you are entitled to your own. As it is. FFXIV has more in common with WoW than Tera when it comes to combat mechanics and for me, that's a bad thing.

Fair enough. I still want to see more games like Tera. Tera has more of a problem with content though.