Manchester City v Barcelona

Arsenal v AS Monaco

Chelsea v PSG

Bayer Leverkusen v Atletico Madrid

Real Madrid v Shalke

Porto v Basle

Bayern Munich v Shaktar Donetsk

Borussia Dortmund v Juventus

Probably the best draw that Arsenal could get. Who do you guys reckon is reaching the quarter finals?

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Barca

Arsenal

Chelsea

Atletico

Real

Porto

Munich

Juventus

Pretty much all the favourites, the toughest to call is City vs Barca, I think both teams are capable of winning their home fixtures so it could come down to which team beats the other by the most, in which case I think it could be Barca that edges it.

Newcastle then: beat Chelsea, get thrashed by Arsenal. Same old same old. The former was a great day out and the latter was expected. Just need to beat spurs then the mackems! Win either of those and i'd be pretty happy, both would make me ecstatic :D

My predictions for the final 8:

Barca

Chelsea

Bayern

Real

Atletico

Juventus (hardest to call this one but i hope Juve can manage it)

Basel (calling the upset!)

Arsenal (after making a slight hash of things)

Bournemouth look very dangerous on the attack. They could have easily had another goal. I wouldn't be surprised if we threw this away here.

Sours were stunning tonight!

What's the betting Chelsea, the bunging bastards get sheff Utd!?

And if they had it would have been a tough game. Lower league teams plat very differently and as soon as teams in the Premier League realise this the less likely upsets occur.

Instead we are against your boys. I expect to lose, obviously with your lot being an established Premier League side but boy we will put up a fight.

The worst thing that your boys could do is completely disrespect the occassion and have the view that it will be a "walk over".

We will treat it as a cup final and have beaten numerous Premier League teams in cup games before.

As I said, i'm not deluded, I expect to get thrashed over two legs. I do find offensive however the snobby attitude from fans of the clubs from Premier League clubs to clubs in the lower divisons.

It's attitude such as "What's betting, Chelsea the bunging bastards get sheff utd" that makes me hope we absolutely embarrass you!!

YES!!! Pretty much in the final!!!!

@Blade up for meeting up if you're going to any of the legs?

Just seen this.

Notwithstanding the above post, yes I would be up for meeting up.

And bollocks to your "pretty much in the final" bull shit aswell!

Also heard that Spurs players cheered in the dressing room when they found out that the original and oldest United were their opposition

Southampton did the same

So did West Ham

So did Fulham

So did Aston Villa.

Oh.

And if they had it would have been a tough game. Lower league teams plat very differently and as soon as teams in the Premier League realise this the less likely upsets occur.

Instead we are against your boys. I expect to lose, obviously with your lot being an established Premier League side but boy we will put up a fight.

The worst thing that your boys could do is completely disrespect the occassion and have the view that it will be a "walk over".

We will treat it as a cup final and have beaten numerous Premier League teams in cup games before.

As I said, i'm not deluded, I expect to get thrashed over two legs. I do find offensive however the snobby attitude from fans of the clubs from Premier League clubs to clubs in the lower divisons.

It's attitude such as "What's betting, Chelsea the bunging bastards get sheff utd" that makes me hope we absolutely embarrass you!!

Just seen this.

Notwithstanding the above post, yes I would be up for meeting up.

And bollocks to your "pretty much in the final" bull shit aswell!

Also heard that Spurs players cheered in the dressing room when they found out that the original and oldest United were their opposition

Southampton did the same

So did West Ham

So did Fulham

So did Aston Villa.

Oh.

Haha. The thing is, in a one off I don't think you can ever be confident. Unfortunately the format doesn't help teams from lower leagues, over 2 legs it makes it so so difficult.

Edited by dazzybee

I'm glad you finally admitted it. ;)

Didnt see the game but the results a but expected. Thougt we might have used our good game against Spurs up and thought it unlikely we'd get through. Guess thats what happens when you're down to 3rd choice rookie keeper as well. Go Sheffield United! :)

That draw couldn't have gone any better for Sheffield United. They've a real chance of making the final now. They've the worst team left in the Cup and the second leg at home. The Blades will cut right through them Sours.

homer_and_the_lemon_lolly_by_dead_standing_tree-d4zzfbk.gif

I'll take Liverpool or Chelsea. Smash either. Liverpool being awful would be slightly better I suppose but we beat Chelsea in the final recently so we can do it again :)

I'll take Liverpool or Chelsea. Smash either. Liverpool being awful would be slightly better I suppose but we beat Chelsea in the final recently so we can do it again :)

7 years ago is pushing it a bit to br calling it recent. It feels even longer ago. I don't think you'll win but get to the final and anything can happen as they have proven in "recent" years.

I feel a 5-1 hammering at Wembley is more recent...or even a recent 3-0 loss?

Also nice to see Dazzy call us bunging for potentially getting easy draw and then is overly confident when they get them.

7 years ago is pushing it a bit to br calling it recent. It feels even longer ago. I don't think you'll win but get to the final and anything can happen as they have proven in "recent" years.

That's recent for us, last thing we won :(

And like you say, anything can happen in a one off. That's why the semis should be one match too. Makes it more exciting.

I feel a 5-1 hammering at Wembley is more recent...or even a recent 3-0 loss?

Also nice to see Dazzy call us bunging for potentially getting easy draw and then is overly confident when they get them.

How are those two things connected in anyway? Me thinking Chelsea would get them, and me being co fi dent now we have! Two unrelated thoughts.

Anyway, exciting. Just hope I can get tickets...

And like you say, anything can happen in a one off. That's why the semis should be one match too. Makes it more exciting.

I'd rather Spurs win than Chelsea. I'd rather anybody win bar Chelsea or Man United. Needed worry about them winning anything for a long time though. They'll be living off their glory days.

I agree about the semis being one leg. Why are they two? (I know, money) All cup games should be just one leg, would make more cupsets.

How are those two things connected in anyway? Me thinking Chelsea would get them, and me being co fi dent now we have! Two unrelated thoughts.

Anyway, exciting. Just hope I can get tickets...

You would have moaned how we always get the easy draw and when you get the easy one, everything is rosey.

You would have moaned how we always get the easy draw and when you get the easy one, everything is rosey.

Yeah I know. Isn't that how it works?

God how awful are liverpool and arsenal? Arsenal were so so so lucky, but Liverpool should've steamed them. Happy with the late equaliser obviously but annoyed as I wanted to be clear of Arsenal.

What I will say though, is that Brendan Rodgers is more despicable than Wenger. I detest that man so so much. I want to snap his arm off every time he does that one armed celebration. Utter c*nt!!!

Looking forward to a fun and exciting christmas break. We have man u chelsea double whammy...

We're shit. Thank god Liverpool are worse. A good side would have thrashed us. Abysmal. Wenger needs to sort this shit out or leave in the summer.