NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Yeah Plus is amazing. Also the PS3 is great right now with so many cheap games!

Having said that I am at home with PS4 now. The systems is very nice and fast to use which makes a huge difference.

So is anyone else considering picking up Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn today?

I'm considering getting it today because I have a friend who plays it on the PC so being that it's cross-platform it seems like the perfect time to get into it, I was just curious as to whether anyone from here was picking it up as well though. : peace:

By the way, get it on PS3 for peanuts then get a free transfer and upgrade to the PS4 version if you want to get this.

SHAREfactory video editor and other key features coming to PS4 with new system software update

As we mentioned last month during GDC, we’ll be releasing a major system software update for PlayStation 4 that will add some exciting new features that many of you have been asking for. Today, I’m pleased to announce a few of those features from PS4 system software update (v1.70) available soon, which includes features that were incorporated as a result of your great feedback. This will be a significant update, and today we’re excited to bring you a sneak peek of just a few things you can look forward to.

Introducing: SHAREfactory

The 1.70 update will enable “SHAREfactory,” our new rich video editor app for PS4 that makes it easy for you to customize your gameplay videos.

With SHAREfactory, you can now easily combine your captured video clips for editing, personalize them with special effects using filters, transitions and themes and share them with your friends and social networks. SHAREfactory also allows you to personalize your videos by adding text, stickers and a set of included audio tracks, as well as video commentary with picture-in-picture capability with PlayStation Camera. It also allows you to import original music to add to the custom soundtrack for your video.

Take Your Share Anywhere

Once you’re done with your masterpiece, you can easily share your SHAREfactory videos to Facebook, or export them to an external USB storage device to upload them anywhere, another new feature coming as part of the 1.70 system software update. Other PS4 SHARE enhancements include the ability to change the recording time of your gameplay to shorter increments, the ability to change who you share your clips with on the SHARE screen, and the removal of default saves for screenshots and video clips. In addition to these SHARE enhancements, the 1.70 update will allow you switch off HDCP, enabling you to capture video directly from your HDMI output so you can record and share longer clips of your gameplay sessions – a feature I know many of you have been waiting for. We are excited to see what the PlayStation Nation does with these new social features and cannot wait to get them into your hands!

Play the Minute a Game is Released

Providing you with immediate access to your games is a priority designed into the PS4, and something we will always strive to make better. We’ve had a great response from PS4 fans about the “Play as You Download” feature, the snappy load times when launching and playing games, and the general speed and responsiveness of the UI. The 1.70 update adds features to build on this idea and make it faster to play the games you preorder with an auto pre-download capability, which allows you to pre-download your select pre-ordered game up to 4 days prior to release. If your auto-download feature is set up correctly, it will automatically pre-download your pre-ordered game so you can play the second the game is unlocked on release day.

As I mentioned earlier, some of these features were a direct result of the great feedback we’ve been getting from you, our dedicated gamer community. We enjoy listening to your comments, and encourage you to continue sharing your thoughts with us. And this is just the beginning. We’ve got a lot more coming in PS4 system software update v1.70 and beyond. The PS4 experience will constantly evolve and new innovative ideas can come from anywhere to ensure the platform continues to deliver the best in gaming and entertainment every time you turn it on.

We’ll have more information to share about new upcoming features for this major system software update as the release approaches, so stay tuned!

It just gets better and better :laughing:

Also:

PlayStation 4 has sold 7 million units worldwide

Sony has now shifted 7 million PlayStation 4 units, the console manufacturer has announced.

This figure was taken as of 6th April.

As of 13th April, 20.5 million PS4 games were sold between retail and the PlayStation Store.

"On behalf of the entire global team at PlayStation, I want to thank you for your unprecedented support and for making PS4 your next-generation console of choice," social media manager Sid Shuman said on the US PlayStation Blog.

"We couldn't have done this without you! And please keep the feedback coming: we are listening."

The last time we checked, PS4 had sold 6 million units by the beginning of March - a figure which easily surpassed Sony's initial expectations of 5 million by the end of that month.

Amazing.

Aye, it's pretty darn amazing. It's nice that the system that really is focusing on gameplay is doing so well.

I'm sure it'll give devs a big confidence boost to release epic games on it.

That is a good achievement in just 5 months since launch. Some people are saying that it could reach 14-15 million by years end, which if it does that then wow. Sony are doing something right for a change, should (hopefully) make a decent profit on that.

That ShareFactory looks pretty neat, looking forward to using that!

If anyone is interested, Final Fantasy XIV is £6.85 including the first month of play for PS4. You buy the PS3 copy here then follow these steps to upgrade your PS3 copy to a PS4 copy for free.

If anyone is interested, Final Fantasy XIV is £6.85 including the first month of play for PS4. You buy the PS3 copy here then follow these steps to upgrade your PS3 copy to a PS4 copy for free.

Yeah FFXIV has shared account system. PS3/PS4 and PC players play together.

12 big new indie games announced for PS4, PS Vita

Nidhogg: One of the big breakout indie hits of 2014 makes its console debut. Do not miss.

Spelunky: Derek Yu’s beloved procedurally generated platformer comes to PS4 in full 1080p with new social features

Chasm: A visually stunning adventure platformer from Discord Games

Skulls of the Shogun: The Bone-a-Fide Edition: The acclaimed strategy/brawler hyrid arrives on PlayStation platforms with expanded features

Source: A striking take on the Metroidvania genre from Fenix Fire Games

Axiom Verge: An ambitious retro platformer with intriguing twist, supported by our Pub Fund initiative

Drifter: Celsius Game Studios serves up an enormous space exploration sandbox

Jamestown Plus: An OTT co-op shoot ‘em up from Final Form Games

Starwhal: Just the Tip: Breakfall’s joyfully mad multiplayer creation comes to PlayStation

Escape Goat 2: An ingenious platformer from the ‘Double Fine Presents…” stable

Ironclad Tactics: Finely crafted strategy gameplay with some unexpected twists from Zachtronics

Apotheon: A beautiful action platformer set in Ancient Greece from the talented AlienTrap team

__

EDIT: To Leave is another one, apparently.

___

Loving all the local co-op in these games. Definitely going to pick up Nidhogg, Jamestown Plus, Apotheon and already got Spelunky as it is cross-buy. Source and a few of the others look great, too.

What happened to Rogue Legacy? Been looking forward to the PS3/PS4/Vita release of that one for a while.

Still incoming, I think. I think this list if for new asnnoucements and while we already knew about things like Nidhogg, think this might have been the first time confirmed for the PS4 and not just the Vita.

There are quite a few games I'm waiting for updates on, Galak-Z and Race the Sun being a couple of them.

Take this Sony Press Conference E3 rumour with a very very large pinch of salt! Sounds more like a wish list to me!

2014-05-0719_55_41-ru11og2.png

Wipeout with PS4 visuals and particle effects in zone mode. All I'm sayin'.

That's too good to be true. It ain't happening.

If thats true they will also announce that each ps4 sold from now on will get a free Vita with 30 games...aka it ain't happening

If even just some of the rumours on that list that happen, it will be incredible! I doubt that it's true though, but how knows? Stranger things have happened...

Sony's E3 conference has been confirmed for June 9th, which will be June 10th at 2am for UK peeps and 3am for EU peeps.

I'll be watching the Sony conference this year as I'm not holding out much hope for Nintendo coming up with the goods.

Quick question: Game are selling pre-owned 320gb Playstation 3 consoles. I don't fancy buying a new one at 160-180 or so when I can just keep saving a bit moar and can pick up a PS4 later this year. How..."dangerous" is it going for a pre-owned console these days? Is it likely to be borked?

Now that I know that the likes of The Last of Us and Tomb Raider are on PS4, that's two major reasons for me to get a PS4. Is it true that FlOw and Flower are on there too as I really want to play these two.

I'll be watching the Sony conference this year as I'm not holding out much hope for Nintendo coming up with the goods.

Quick question: Game are selling pre-owned 320gb Playstation 3 consoles. I don't fancy buying a new one at 160-180 or so when I can just keep saving a bit moar and can pick up a PS4 later this year. How..."dangerous" is it going for a pre-owned console these days? Is it likely to be borked?

Now that I know that the likes of The Last of Us and Tomb Raider are on PS4, that's two major reasons for me to get a PS4. Is it true that FlOw and Flower are on there too as I really want to play these two.

Same, I'm holding off playing The Last of Us and Tomb Raider on PS3 to play the PS4 versions later on in the year, can't wait! :D (rumours the Mass Efect Trilogy might also get next-gen release too, which will be cool having not played them).

Yep Flow and Flower are on PS4.

Personally I wouldn't buy a second hand console, but there's not necessarily likely to be anything wrong with it of course. Although I think there's been a bad case or two of buying a second hand console on here recently.

Oh god FLink, I can't wait for you to play Journey whenever you get yourself a PS3 :)